BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

02-25-2022, 04:40 PM   #1
Tyr03
Rep
Drives: BMW 220iA Gran coupe

Android Auto without Wifi

Hi everyone,

I was previously the owner of a F44 218iA with Connected Package Professional (that include internal Wifi connection) and Android auto was working like a charm.

Now due to delay in the delivery my new F44 220iA has been delivered without the Wifi module and I'm unable to launch Android auto on the vehicle.

Once Bluetooth paired Android Auto on my phone tell me the car ready and looking to launch Android Auto but it doesn't.

On the car, Audio and telephone are connected but not the "app" part.

I have tried to re-pair the phone and to factory reset the setting of the multimedia head unit, nothing seems to work.

Even using a cable at the front and in the armrest it doesn't launch.

The BMW genius told me this should be available on the next update; this looks strange to me...

Is there any of you having this issue or having more information about this? Are you able to have Android Auto without the Wifi connection ?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #2
Thommo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2 Series Gran Coupe M Sport

Hi - I had a brand new F44 218i delivered on 1st March. Like you mine has come without a wifi module so I can't access Android Auto. I went back to the dealer and they confirmed that it should be available on the next update in Q2 (Apr onwards).
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 01:38 PM   #3
Tyr03
Rep
Drives: BMW 220iA Gran coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
Hi - I had a brand new F44 218i delivered on 1st March. Like you mine has come without a wifi module so I can't access Android Auto. I went back to the dealer and they confirmed that it should be available on the next update in Q2 (Apr onwards).
Still no sign of the update on my F44 220i in Europe :/
Appreciate 0