BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

06-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #1
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228I XDrive GC

2022 F44 Minor Sideswipe- Repair Questions

Hey Everybody so this young girl drifted in my lane while changing lanes a few days ago, I don’t have the Drive recorder but I have two dash cams lol

AnyWho, the damage was to the driver side front fender, headlight, and rim. My car is lease so I was worried about diminished value but after reading some caselaw here in California as long as the damage is fixed by a Bmw collision center or a BMW certified collision center I will not have any extra charges upon disposition. A few years ago there was a gentleman in California with a BMW that tried to sue the insurance company stating that the payments he was making is on a car that is now worth less but the court sided against him… However if I were to purchase my car, of which I do not intend to the value would be less.

Can anyone provide any experiences they have had with damage similar to this, I do not want the bumper to be touched up, I want the whole bumper to be repainted. I have called a couple collision centers but have not gotten certainty about their repair standards. Paint is Skyscraper gray metallic. The at-fault party has good insurance,AAA. Please see pictures below and dash cam video link, thank you

https://www.veed.io/view/1153c981-5e...8-b2bdf1fc446d
Attached Images

Last edited by MugatuJag; 06-08-2022 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 03:38 AM   #2
bgp123
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i 2 Series Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugatuJag View Post
Hey Everybody so this young girl drifted in my lane while changing lanes a few days ago, I don’t have the Drive recorder but I have two dash cams lol
So sorry to see that. If I was in your situation, I'd use far more expletives!

I don't live in the US, but I'd use the official BMW repair recommendations. If they're BMW certified and do a poor job, there's always a complaint process.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2022, 06:52 PM   #3
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228I XDrive GC

AAA appraisal $1666, BMW $5001 lmao

Nobody replied to this thread no big deal but I figured I would post the appraisal anyways just in case down the line someone had questions if they were in a similar situation, AAA actually did a visual inspection of my car and didn’t even include a new headlight which was irreparably damaged and swiftly issued me a check for less than a third of the true repair cost, shocking….
Attached Images

Appreciate 0