BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-14-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
xa-coupe
Wannabe
Rep
Drives:

1 series is 1 step closer.

After 3 + months of sleep ins and late nights I finally landed myself a job starting monday. Even better is it's doing something I like ( previous job I hated so they did me a favour by making me redundant ) for more money for a company that appears to be great to work for.
The upshot is that I am one step closer to a 135 or 125. It'll still be a while but that gives me more time to play with colour combinations and possible options.
To top it off, we take possession of our new house today so being able to pay for it is a great relief !

Oh, anyone want to buy a BA XR8 ?? hehehe
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Well done, xa-coupe! Sounds like the dice are falling for you... I'm sure you'll be welcomed to the "it's on the ship.... it's nearly here.... it's here..." club soon!
      10-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
xa-coupe
Wannabe
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Well done, xa-coupe! Sounds like the dice are falling for you... I'm sure you'll be welcomed to the "it's on the ship.... it's nearly here.... it's here..." club soon!
Thanks Simon, for a while the dice were falling on my head !
I look forward to the frustration :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

congratulations on the serious upgrade in credit rating
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Congrats Jeff! They say things come in threes... new house, new job, new 1er!
      10-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
xa-coupe
Wannabe
Rep
Drives:

Thanks guys .. if I had it my way I would be at the dealer's now placing the order but Mrs XA would castrate me with a blunt chainsaw if I did that .. so I think I will wait a while ! heheheh
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 01:00 AM   #7
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa-coupe View Post
After 3 + months of sleep ins and late nights I finally landed myself a job starting monday. Even better is it's doing something I like ( previous job I hated so they did me a favour by making me redundant ) for more money for a company that appears to be great to work for.
The upshot is that I am one step closer to a 135 or 125. It'll still be a while but that gives me more time to play with colour combinations and possible options.
To top it off, we take possession of our new house today so being able to pay for it is a great relief !

Oh, anyone want to buy a BA XR8 ?? hehehe
Awesome stuff, congrats...I don't know how you survived for over 3 months without work, but all's well that ends well

After all that you must have developed a good sense of patience, use it now hang in for a bit longer, go all the way and get yourself a 135i :smile:

Oh and congrats on acquiring something that's more important than any car (at least IMHO it is) the house - well done

Put that old XR8 on Car Sales and Trading Post, someone will want that old hottie for sure...:wink:
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 01:20 AM   #8
xa-coupe
Wannabe
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Awesome stuff, congrats...I don't know how you survived for over 3 months without work, but all's well that ends well

After all that you must have developed a good sense of patience, use it now hang in for a bit longer, go all the way and get yourself a 135i :smile:

Oh and congrats on acquiring something that's more important than any car (at least IMHO it is) the house - well done

Put that old XR8 on Car Sales and Trading Post, someone will want that old hottie for sure...:wink:
Thanks Wraith.. the three months wasn't fun ..well, sleeping is was but the stress of not knowing if we were going to be able to service our mortgage put a dampener on it all. I spent most of today in our house dealing with a lot of the little things as well as starting the transfer of stuff. It's been so long ( nearly 10 months ) that I have got used to the wait and the fact it's here is taking a little while to settle in :smile:

We have gone from both being in okay paid jobs to both unemployed at the same time facing being homeless as we have to get out of the rented house we are in very soon and couldn't afford anywhere else, back to being able to settle and both having better jobs than before ! It's been a trip and I have learned a lot but be damned it I want to do it again !
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 02:37 AM   #9
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Wow good news mate congratulations.
      10-15-2008, 03:26 AM   #10
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Onya XA. Forget the 1 and get yoursef a noice 351 4 spd hardtop!
      10-15-2008, 06:32 AM   #11
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Congrats mate on the new job and house..well done..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #12
xa-coupe
Wannabe
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Onya XA. Forget the 1 and get yoursef a noice 351 4 spd hardtop!
LOL why not have both ? I still have the Xa tucked away and hopefully back on the road this summer. Too bad I can't get a 1 series in purple to match it !
Appreciate 0