F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Washer pump issue?
ARMA SPEED

04-10-2017, 03:18 AM   #1
BeemerNewbie1
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Washer pump issue?

My windscreen wiper jets dont seem to be working when i pull inwards the wipers wipe across my windshield however no water spurts out, i tried to listen closely to see if it was still functioning electronically by trying to hear it thinking maybe it was clogged however no mechanical sound, just a blank with a proceeding wipe by the wipers, this leads me to believe i need a whole new washer pump.

I checked also to see if i even had any washer fluid and maybe the signalling was off, im new to BMW's as ive driven only Mercedes and Fords in the past, when i checked the washer fluid to fill up i noticed this.

as you can see the water stays dormant in the tube and doesnt flow down into the reservoir as i would expect it to.

Not sure if this is also worth noting however the wipers cause a annoying squeaking sound when wiping (even if its decently wet, when its raining profusely they dont make a squeaking sound)

Given all this information, what do you think my issue is here?

Thanks guys, just recently got my car and am loving it lol, a 2012 320i F30 btw if that helps with advices.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

If you can not hear the pump motor running when you activate the washer, you may have a bad fuse or motor. The fluid filler has that shallow well with the bumps on the bottom of it and filler hole is to the outside edge. By this design, you have to fill slowly or it will easily overflow. if you still have standing fluid in the well after filling and it sits for 30 seconds or so, your tank is either full or your fill line may be plugged. You might be able to run a long zip tie or a long piece weed wacker line gently down the fill line to see if you are plugged.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #3
Yash178
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

What did you end up doing?
I've got the same problem. The wipers work but I cannot hear the motor make any noise.
The headlamp washers get activated every now and then.
Appreciate 0