THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Has my car been coded already?

08-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
Daven75
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi

Has my car been coded already?

Hey guys, I recently picked up a 2015 M235i xDrive and I noticed some things that I need clarification on. I can't tell if my car was coded by the previous owner or not. My car does the following-

TPMS system shows PSI and Temp.

Auto start stop is disabled from the get go whenever I start the car.

Not sure if this is standard or not but when I hold down the unlock button all my windows and sunroof roll down.

Is there an easy way to tell if my car was coded? I find it weird that they would code it but not turn off the disclaimer and other various little things.

Whats everyone's thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
Joaco135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daven75 View Post
Hey guys, I recently picked up a 2015 M235i xDrive and I noticed some things that I need clarification on. I can't tell if my car was coded by the previous owner or not. My car does the following-

Not sure if this is standard or not but when I hold down the unlock button all my windows and sunroof roll down.

Is there an easy way to tell if my car was coded? I find it weird that they would code it but not turn off the disclaimer and other various little things.

My 2016 M235i came the same way when new from the dealer. I added more coding after but it was weird it came with some coding already
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
Daven75
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaco135 View Post
My 2016 M235i came the same way when new from the dealer. I added more coding after but it was weird it came with some coding already
I guess it makes sense tho, your paying for more of a car so they flip few code switches and get slightly more features. It's free for them and makes it look better.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daven75 View Post

temp started coming from factory around 2015.
auto start is controlled by the button above the start button, has nothing to do with coding...
unlock windows is standard but you can't close them in the same way with the lock button unless you code it
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Most luxury line cars all have the auto rolldown with button hold on FOB. In fact, my 2011 E92 had it way back then. It's been a standard for a very long time but not many people know o fit. Heck, my 2007 Nissan Altima had it.
Appreciate 0