BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

09-04-2023, 10:45 AM   #1
veejayy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Honda s2000

Comparing M235x engine to Mini JCW Countryman

Hi- I think I am in the right place for this question.

I have a 2022 JCW Countryman ALL4 (26K miles) with an engine that is the same specs as the current M235x I believe. I hope I am right on that.

My question is the sound. My JCW sounds incredible both in cabin and outside. Loud and burbles and pops especially in Sport mode.

I have not had a chance to test or drive the M235x Gran Coupe but will the engine sound the same or is there something different about the way BMW manages the engine in the sedan.

Thinking of purchasing for a family member who loves the JCW but would prefer a Bimmer sedan.

Best and thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 10:29 PM   #2
FourCarss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejayy View Post
Hi- I think I am in the right place for this question.

I have a 2022 JCW Countryman ALL4 (26K miles) with an engine that is the same specs as the current M235x I believe. I hope I am right on that.

My question is the sound. My JCW sounds incredible both in cabin and outside. Loud and burbles and pops especially in Sport mode.

I have not had a chance to test or drive the M235x Gran Coupe but will the engine sound the same or is there something different about the way BMW manages the engine in the sedan.

Thinking of purchasing for a family member who loves the JCW but would prefer a Bimmer sedan.

Best and thank you!
There are little to no burbles on the car with a stock exhaust, so it is probably different from your mini. Its not silent but not loud either, especially comparing the stock sound to after I got a full race exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 04:27 PM   #3
veejayy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Honda s2000

FourCarss- just what I was looking for. Yeah on the Mini lots of burbles and pops so this great info will help very much.
Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0