BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

10-11-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
LFG_BlackyF44
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 Bmw M235i Gran Coupe

Need help on Downpipe Install!!!

I tried attempting to install a downpipe for my 2022 m235i Gran coupe. Didn't got well because of the rusted and stuck on V-Band clamp bolt (Just gonna cut the bolt in half tomorrow. However before all of that happened I order one from PSRparts. They are out Finland and helped me out a lot. I got the new downpipe in and it's shaped out a 90 degree angle. Does anyone know if that will fit my car? Even on realoem.com it has the picture of the downpipe at a 90 degree but when I was underneath today it looked like mine was straight on and went through a heat shield. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of it but will update tomorrow when I cut off that Bolt and start taking the bottom of the car apart to gain access to the front V band clamp on the Turbo.

Also if anyone has any experience installing a downpipe for the F44 it would be greatly appreciated. I looked through some post and it looks like people are having a hard time finding a downpipe that isn't hella money. Or thinking it won't fit. I ordered this one and am just hoping this is it

I'll try to provide a picture of the new downpipe

Again I'm new here. Sorry for rambling but this car has become my passion project. Truly helping me smile day by day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 05:25 AM   #2
Snapper Rocker
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Xdrive Gran Coupe

doesn't it need mapping after a DP install?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 07:11 AM   #3
alphinef44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFG_BlackyF44 View Post
I tried attempting to install a downpipe for my 2022 m235i Gran coupe. Didn't got well because of the rusted and stuck on V-Band clamp bolt (Just gonna cut the bolt in half tomorrow. However before all of that happened I order one from PSRparts. They are out Finland and helped me out a lot. I got the new downpipe in and it's shaped out a 90 degree angle. Does anyone know if that will fit my car? Even on realoem.com it has the picture of the downpipe at a 90 degree but when I was underneath today it looked like mine was straight on and went through a heat shield. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of it but will update tomorrow when I cut off that Bolt and start taking the bottom of the car apart to gain access to the front V band clamp on the Turbo.

Also if anyone has any experience installing a downpipe for the F44 it would be greatly appreciated. I looked through some post and it looks like people are having a hard time finding a downpipe that isn't hella money. Or thinking it won't fit. I ordered this one and am just hoping this is it

Again I'm new here. Sorry for rambling but this car has become my passion project. Truly helping me smile day by day.
Can you post the link to the downpipes and where you got it from?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 03:45 PM   #4
LFG_BlackyF44
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphinef44 View Post
Can you post the link to the downpipes and where you got it from?
https://www.psr-parts.com/products/f...-m135xi-m235xi
I got the 200 cell euro slip one. I wasn't able to put it on today due to the heat shield I ran into. Ironically got the Vband clamp off but gonna give it to a professional tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 03:47 PM   #5
LFG_BlackyF44
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Rocker View Post
doesn't it need mapping after a DP install?
Of course. Gonna go with JB4 tho because of the DME lock on the car. Waiting for someone to find a solution soon hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 01:32 PM   #6
FourCarss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:

You need to drop the subframe to install the downpipe
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 11:17 AM   #7
alphinef44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
https://www.psr-parts.com/products/f...-m135xi-m235xi
I got the 200 cell euro slip one. I wasn't able to put it on today due to the heat shield I ran into. Ironically got the Vband clamp off but gonna give it to a professional tomorrow.
I just bought the catless one . Was it hard to install? is it Installed?
Appreciate 0