BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-15-2020, 10:22 PM   #6667
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
also - rejections. it happens, the guys that know me that doesnt phase me really.

BUT this past friday something extremely weird happened. im at the bar, and had a girl introduce herself to me and then to her friends. we're talking etc having a fun time, but bars closing in 30 mins. so i tell her hey we're probably going to have afties at my place if you wanted to come. she says yea maybe so im like dope let me get your number.

she says she doesn't give her number to strangers.

kinda got the message here but i'm a facetious pos so i ask for her snap, to which she says she doesn't use it.

so i told her my address and said i'll see you if i see you. she puts out her hand like a handshake and goes "thanks but i'm not interested" and i'm baffled. not bc she turned me down, but the way she did it.

on one hand i appreciate the honesty but on the other im super lost with the handshake. did she think this was a career fair? should i have added her on linkedin?
Appreciate 2
      06-15-2020, 10:46 PM   #6668
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
dinonz first off i wanted to call you bro but learning youre 50 hope you don't mind someone your kid's age calling you bro.

secondly: no detailer EVER buys specific pants to detail someone else's car. clearly you're a smart guy, put 2 and 2 together and show her your big deck!
Lol, I second this! I call everyone "bro" regardless of age. I've always tried to put myself in their shoes as I know when I'm 50 I wouldn't want kids calling me "sir" all the time. I mean, we're all just a bunch of dudes at the end of the day anyway, right? Haha.

Quote:
also - rejections. it happens, the guys that know me that doesnt phase me really.

BUT this past friday something extremely weird happened. im at the bar, and had a girl introduce herself to me and then to her friends. we're talking etc having a fun time, but bars closing in 30 mins. so i tell her hey we're probably going to have afties at my place if you wanted to come. she says yea maybe so im like dope let me get your number.

kinda got the message here but i'm a facetious pos so i ask for her snap, to which she says she doesn't use it.

so i told her my address and said i'll see you if i see you. she puts out her hand like a handshake and goes "thanks but i'm not interested" and i'm baffled. not bc she turned me down, but the way she did it.

on one hand i appreciate the honesty but on the other im super lost with the handshake. did she think this was a career fair? should i have added her on linkedin?
R.I.P

Should have called it quits after the number rejection my guy. You know this.
Appreciate 2
      06-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #6669
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Lol, I second this! I call everyone "bro" regardless of age. I've always tried to put myself in their shoes as I know when I'm 50 I wouldn't want kids calling me "sir" all the time. I mean, we're all just a bunch of dudes at the end of the day anyway, right? Haha.

R.I.P

Should have called it quits after the number rejection my guy. You know this.
Well yeah I can't argue with that, but I also love pushing my luck.
If she doesn't give her number that's done right then and there but hey ask and you'll never know
Appreciate 2
      06-15-2020, 11:10 PM   #6670
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Hang on a minute, are you saying she went out and bought a pair of "lambo jeans" specifically to ride around in your car with you?

She wants the pipe bro.
Yes - she did - but fuck she's hard to read. I know she's had a tough life and relies on nobody but herself, but she's just impossible to get a gauge on. Yes - she bought jeans specifically to ride in my Lamborghinis as one has white leather, and one cream, and I didn't want jeans in them. But she's here tonight in my garage working on her own car rather than work at home, I have her dog beside me, and she will head home later tonight when she's finished.

Maybe when the pool/hot tub is finished she will stay (she's already bought a new bikini to wear in my pool that left my tongue around my shoes) but I don't know - it's like she's hardened against getting attached to anyone because of something in the past.

It's like she talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk - so I should either run, or just bide my time and claim the prize. And given the details my cars very well, it will be the latter. Most likely I will bide my time, and nothing will happen.
Appreciate 2
      06-15-2020, 11:11 PM   #6671
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How about Disney plus and thrust?

I believe they just put the new lion king up too.

Ask her if she likes lion king dinonz
She doesn't watch movies. Suffers from narcolepsy, and just falls asleep during them.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 11:14 PM   #6672
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Yes - she did - but fuck she's hard to read. I know she's had a tough life and relies on nobody but herself, but she's just impossible to get a gauge on. Yes - she bought jeans specifically to ride in my Lamborghinis as one has white leather, and one cream, and I didn't want jeans in them. But she's here tonight in my garage working on her own car rather than work at home, I have her dog beside me, and she will head home later tonight when she's finished.

Maybe when the pool/hot tub is finished she will stay (she's already bought a new bikini to wear in my pool that left my tongue around my shoes) but I don't know - it's like she's hardened against getting attached to anyone because of something in the past.

It's like she talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk - so I should either run, or just bide my time and claim the prize. And given the details my cars very well, it will be the latter. Most likely I will bide my time, and nothing will happen.
BUDDY
okay
okay

i think its simple: you're thinking too much about it

but holy shit you're one lucky guy if you have a chick who prefers working on your car than hers at your place with her dog
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8211.00
King Rudi13154.00
      06-15-2020, 11:16 PM   #6673
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
dinonz first off i wanted to call you bro but learning youre 50 hope you don't mind someone your kid's age calling you bro.

secondly: no detailer EVER buys specific pants to detail someone else's car. clearly you're a smart guy, put 2 and 2 together and show her your big deck!
Thanks bro - you're cool! I don't have childerbeasts anyway

It's weird - she's young, but street smart and been on her own since about 15. She's very mature for her age and background, relies on nobody but herself, and is very respectful (I mentioned one night that I bought new trousers so as not to stain the seats - she bought hers herself obviously expecting to be in the cars one day, which is not unreasonable for a detailer).

I just can't work her out - she's close, but distant. Maybe it's a case of just slowly earning her trust - she doesn't seem to trust people. Just needs time to work out I'm for real.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2020, 11:18 PM   #6674
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Perhaps she was a wing-woman hoping you would latch on to one of her ugly friends?
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2020, 11:27 PM   #6675
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks bro - you're cool! I don't have childerbeasts anyway

It's weird - she's young, but street smart and been on her own since about 15. She's very mature for her age and background, relies on nobody but herself, and is very respectful (I mentioned one night that I bought new trousers so as not to stain the seats - she bought hers herself obviously expecting to be in the cars one day, which is not unreasonable for a detailer).

I just can't work her out - she's close, but distant. Maybe it's a case of just slowly earning her trust - she doesn't seem to trust people. Just needs time to work out I'm for real.
I have a friend that moved to Austin two weeks back for work, i might need to drive down and get my car detailed

But honestly, do you really think a detailer would send you pics of the pants she bought to detail your cars? (disregard the fact that most detailers are men when answering)

Could very well be my lizard brain jumping to conclusions, too, but the pants and the bikini - she's interested. But, if she's got street smarts and "relies on nobody but herself" you might have a window that gets tighter with every day.

Plus what's the worst that can happen? I'm sure she's not the only detailer in all of Texas. Worst case you get rejected and she never comes back so you call another detailer

Quote:
Perhaps she was a wing-woman hoping you would latch on to one of her ugly friends?
Honestly - fairly plausible. One of her friends was from my major too and even though she's only a year older than me she didn't recognize me and i didn't recognize her, so i just assumed she was just anti social. Plus this girl was cuter and more interesting to talk to
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 12:35 AM   #6676
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:

I think you should make a move, or find a new detailer. If you do the former, you're going to have to find a new one anyway.

I have a feeling she likes you more than you think, but sounds like you're getting cold feet.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 03:58 AM   #6677
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a friend that moved to Austin two weeks back for work, i might need to drive down and get my car detailed

But honestly, do you really think a detailer would send you pics of the pants she bought to detail your cars? (disregard the fact that most detailers are men when answering)

Could very well be my lizard brain jumping to conclusions, too, but the pants and the bikini - she's interested. But, if she's got street smarts and "relies on nobody but herself" you might have a window that gets tighter with every day.

Plus what's the worst that can happen? I'm sure she's not the only detailer in all of Texas. Worst case you get rejected and she never comes back so you call another detailer

Honestly - fairly plausible. One of her friends was from my major too and even though she's only a year older than me she didn't recognize me and i didn't recognize her, so i just assumed she was just anti social. Plus this girl was cuter and more interesting to talk to
Oh - I'm already all in. I just need to get her around to that way of thinking. She texts that she's missing me - yet all I get is a hug when she arrives, and it feels like the hug you'd give a teacher or weird aunt.

It's like she's trying to keep me at an exact distance - not to close, but don't go anywhere... :/

And isn't it always like that? The one you're interested in - isn't into you? Or is that just me
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 04:00 AM   #6678
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think you should make a move, or find a new detailer. If you do the former, you're going to have to find a new one anyway.

I have a feeling she likes you more than you think, but sounds like you're getting cold feet.
I've already told her how I feel - she's not changed either way.

Confusing as fuck :/

And no - I don't have cold feet. I just cannot get a read on her, and cannot get any sense of direction.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 04:29 AM   #6679
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:

She's sounds like she's been "burned" a couple of times....and this is her way of feeling things out. Just play it down and act like it's business as normal and let her do her thing. She's testing you. Basically looking for an excuse as to why she shouldn't become attached too quickly. They can't help it if indeed that is what is going on.

So just chill out and let things go where they go. If she "spooks"...it's done. You can bet she is going to be looking for every reason not to want to let her guard down...and that takes time.

My wife is as independent as they come......a lot would consider her unapproachable. My problem was I didn't give a shit whether she was around or not....like if we were supposed to meet..and she had something come up.

I would be like okay and then not give it another thought until after she had already called me 3X trying to get in touch days later.

Her thinking of not being in control of her feelings scared her more than anything else.
      06-16-2020, 05:25 AM   #6680
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Quote:

Oh - I'm already all in. I just need to get her around to that way of thinking. She texts that she's missing me - yet all I get is a hug when she arrives, and it feels like the hug you'd give a teacher or weird aunt.

It's like she's trying to keep me at an exact distance - not to close, but don't go anywhere... :/

And isn't it always like that? The one you're interested in - isn't into you? Or is that just me
Hey Dinonz, I have been following your story here. If I were you, I'd let this one go. She is either a little damaged, or a little numb... or worse yet, both.

She is into you, till she finds a new distraction. This woman lacks intensity and likely is just restless. You are an "interesting person" to her, but nothing more.

In the end, she won't be worth the trouble.

But above all, I don't get why you are "all in" when you can't even read her.

BimBim's Maxim: if she wants you, she will come to you.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 05:30 AM   #6681
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:

She's sounds like she's been "burned" a couple of times....and this is her way of feeling things out. Just play it down and act like it's business as normal and let her do her thing. She's testing you. Basically looking for an excuse as to why she shouldn't become attached too quickly. They can't help it if indeed that is what is going on.

So just chill out and let things go where they go. If she "spooks"...it's done. You can bet she is going to be looking for every reason not to want to let her guard down...and that takes time.

My wife is as independent as they come......a lot would consider her unapproachable. My problem was I didn't give a shit whether she was around or not....like if we were supposed to meet..and she had something come up.

I would be like okay and then not give it another thought until after she had already called me 3X trying to get in touch days later.

Her thinking of not being in control of her feelings scared her more than anything else.
Genuine curiosity, is she still like that? Doesn't it get tiring?
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 05:40 AM   #6682
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

sounds naive as fuck. which annoys me beyond belief..
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 05:41 AM   #6683
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i think dinonz and his detailer thing would make a good porno.

I could picture the headline "young detailer cleans cars and _ _ _ _ )

lmfao
Appreciate 4
      06-16-2020, 06:43 AM   #6684
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Genuine curiosity, is she still like that? Doesn't it get tiring?
No...this was when we were dating. This month marks 12 years of marriage for us.

What I mean was my wife was independent and already established. She put herself through college, had her own house, and just overly cautious.

So she was slow to commit to anything. That was fine because at the time...I wasn't planning on committing to anything anyways. I had been single for almost 7 years and having a lot of fun.
      06-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #6685
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
I work at a hospital. Recently a new chick started working here, and i bump into her in hallways passing etc. She says hi, waves etc.

Fast forward to saturday i walk into the cafeteria, and the lunchlady was speaking to her and when she sees me walking in, lunch lady says "we were jus talking about you" So, of course i stop over, and lunch lady introduces me to new girl, and says she's looking to get into a different department. I said ok, we small talk for a little (regarding her future career choice, as she is pretty young) and then she ends up going back to work. Lunch lady then says, she was going to ask for my number but "didn't get to" So i left my number with the LL, and within 45 minutes the girl texts.

I know that was ALOT of banter, but god, this girl is HOT. i have to get it... Not sure if she genuinley wants career advice, or wants something more, we'll see. She's 20 at the oldest, i'm 29. That ain't bad right
Not bad at all. Sir, you have a green light as well. Go after it an enjoy it.

Quote:

Edit:

Hang on a minute, are you saying she went out and bought a pair of "lambo jeans" specifically to ride around in your car with you?

She wants the pipe bro.
Right??? That's what I'm saying!! Capitalize on this shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Hey Dinonz, I have been following your story here. If I were you, I'd let this one go. She is either a little damaged, or a little numb... or worse yet, both.

She is into you, till she finds a new distraction. This woman lacks intensity and likely is just restless. You are an "interesting person" to her, but nothing more.

In the end, she won't be worth the trouble.

But above all, I don't get why you are "all in" when you can't even read her.

BimBim's Maxim: if she wants you, she will come to you.
A little damaged or a lot damaged or all together facked means the sex will be amazing. All women are into guys until a new distraction comes along. I disagree with the "nothing more" statement. She bought jeans and a bikini to wear around him. I've been with my girlfriend for 4 years now and still have a hard time reading her. Are you forgetting that this is a woman that we are speaking of?

I've managed to land ladies that were/are WAAAY out of my league that I never thought would be interested in me. My advice to all of you, when it comes to ladies, we have no clue what's going on......shit, they don't either. Everything a woman does is based on her emotions at that very second.
Appreciate 3
      06-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #6686
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
They all seem to have unfinished business with the ex. Based upon visual criteria, I am certain that you are not a silly old fool. Being a dirty old man simply comes with age. If you are under 30 this is normal, if you are over 30 and find women attractive, you are in fact a dirty old man.

Upon reviewing her credentials, I'm going to give you a green light to proceed. Well done sir.

.....and +1 for actually dropping a photo. There are only a few of us here that have been so bold to do such.

I don't know why not. None of us have a Lambo nor a female detailer that bought matching jeans for your car. I hope you realize how small the chances are for something like this and act accordingly.
I'm just trying to play it cool and see what happens. Not getting my hopes up.
This is a golden opportunity dude!

Have her come over and detail one of your cars in the afternoon (preferably a Friday or Saturday) and when she's wrapping up for the day, offer her a drink and a chance to take a break. There's you're in..

Even if it doesn't lead to anything sexual, at least you get to gauge her intentions and move on if it doesn't feel right.

Also, forgot about the ex. She's probably not over him entirely, but that's not really your problem. Unless you plan on marrying this girl the bs ex talk shouldn't worry you.

Quote:
Sorry - had to crop her head out for privacy. These are her Lambo jeans.

It's now a bit uncertain as it seems she might have unfinished business with her ex and I don't want to get involved in that mess.
Edit:

She wants the pipe bro.
Why is it that people use alc to have sexy time. Cant you just start making out LOL?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #6687
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
Why is it that people use alc to have sexy time. Cant you just start making out LOL?
Alcohol lowers standards. I don't feel that this needs to be elaborated any further. Making out without alcohol is something left to married couples and people of the porn industry.
Appreciate 4
      06-16-2020, 11:33 AM   #6688
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
Alcohol lowers standards. I don't feel that this needs to be elaborated any further. Making out without alcohol is something left to married couples and people of the porn industry.
But dont most sexmen get women to even without alc? Because more skillfull and better technique is required no?
Appreciate 1