BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dinan exhaust M2C wait list / order queue - who's on it?

01-29-2021, 06:55 PM   #1
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

I've seen a number of disparate threads spanning a few topics with owners chiming in on the Dinan exhaust delays but thought I'd try to get a feel for the remaining hangers-on in a single source.

Who's got an order in for the Dinan exhaust and how long have you been waiting?

I'm a short timer compared to many - ordered in January 2021 with an expected ship date only a week out (Jan 19). Within a few days that pushed to February 19 and subsequently to March 25.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 08:34 PM   #2
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
I've seen a number of disparate threads spanning a few topics with owners chiming in on the Dinan exhaust delays but thought I'd try to get a feel for the remaining hangers-on in a single source.

Who's got an order in for the Dinan exhaust and how long have you been waiting?

I'm a short timer compared to many - ordered in January 2021 with an expected ship date only a week out (Jan 19). Within a few days that pushed to February 19 and subsequently to March 25.
I'm in the exact same boat with the same dates.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #3
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Could tomorrow finally be the day??
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-24-2021, 07:55 AM   #4
MLifeCrisis
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C & 2018 S1000RR

Dinan Exhaust M2C

Quote:
Could tomorrow finally be the day??
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 08:27 AM   #5
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

There will be the ceremonial reset to April 25 some time late this afternoon.

Last edited by flybigjet; 03-24-2021 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 2
pz6193281.50
      03-24-2021, 08:35 AM   #6
phriz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

I can't remember if this has been covered before, but would installing the Dinan exhaust void the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 09:00 AM   #7
pawelczyk7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m2 comp 6spd

I ordered a Dinan cold air intake for my wifes 2 series convert. in SEPT and the date pushes EVERY month and now to April.. if it were for my car i would of cancelled etc. and looked elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 10:39 AM   #8
twintiga
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

I知 on this list. If it pushes to end of this month I may cancel.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 06:16 AM   #9
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Called my shop yesterday- they said they expect a few to be delivered on Monday!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 01:40 PM   #10
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

I ordered a few days ago, I called they had 30+ on back order, what's the holdup I asked, they are waiting for "hangers" ?!? Supply issues? what's the real time I should get this in? 2 weeks... if your counting that's not March 25th

Edit: My car is asleep in the garage since November, I'm really in no rush, mid April is fine

Any members please chime in: What do I do with the old exhaust? Is it worth anything? Keep for a spare?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 05:41 PM   #11
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
I ordered a few days ago, I called they had 30+ on back order, what's the holdup I asked, they are waiting for "hangers" ?!? Supply issues? what's the real time I should get this in? 2 weeks... if your counting that's not March 25th

Edit: My car is asleep in the garage since November, I'm really in no rush, mid April is fine

Any members please chime in: What do I do with the old exhaust? Is it worth anything? Keep for a spare?
My shop has a priority system in place based on order date.

A guy in the queue there has held out since April 2020 - he gets the first exhaust.

I ordered in January so hopefully I'm not in the backlog group!

To answer your value question, my e92 m3 stock exhaust is still sitting in my house because i couldn't find a taker for much more than the price of shipping. Not even someone wanting it do the then-cool OEM exhaust mod.

I bet the stock unit doesn't sell for much. Maybe a few hundred for local pickup.
Appreciate 1
NEfan5082660.00
      03-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #12
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4

I ordered mine in August 2020, and after an insane amount of back and forth and many delays I finally canceled my order in February and am now waiting on an Akra slip-on.
'20 BMW M2 Competition (6spd, Euro-delivered July '19)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 03:25 PM   #13
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Called it:

Thank you for your patience.
I apologize in advance for having to relay the following updates to you.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer has informed us that your (DINAN FREE FLOW AXLE-BACK EXHAUST & X-PIPE BMW 2019+ M2 Competition) is now expected to return to stock on April 14. We sincerely apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience this may cause.

We are able to keep your order as is if you are willing to wait, and the product will ship around April 16 when it is ready. Please let us know how you would like to proceed with the order.
Have a great day!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 05:39 PM   #14
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Called it:

Thank you for your patience.
I apologize in advance for having to relay the following updates to you.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer has informed us that your (DINAN FREE FLOW AXLE-BACK EXHAUST & X-PIPE BMW 2019+ M2 Competition) is now expected to return to stock on April 14. We sincerely apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience this may cause.

We are able to keep your order as is if you are willing to wait, and the product will ship around April 16 when it is ready. Please let us know how you would like to proceed with the order.
Have a great day!
Who did you order from and when?

I'm told mine is en route and can be installed on Thursday.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #15
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Oh, I see what happened with the Dinan exhausts...
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
cptobvious2531.50
Kankles1485.50
pz6193281.50
nis270r33.00
      03-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #16
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
auggiem3295.00
cptobvious2531.50
      03-26-2021, 09:19 PM   #17
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Who did you order from and when?
ExtremePowerHouse.com, i.e. x-ph.com

Ordered ~ 12 Jan 21.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 03:51 PM   #18
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Rant: On.

I cancelled my order with X-PH for the Dinan exhaust this afternoon.

I was honestly sort of on the fence about the exhaust-- I sure as hell don't need any more power and spending close to $2k for a "slightly" different tone was starting to sound (heh) ridiculous to me the more I thought about it.

I'd ordered through X-PH and?

Every.

Single.

Time.

I asked for an update, I basically got "the date on the Dinan website is correct, and you'll get your exhaust shortly after that."

That was a lie. I was told to expect my exhaust on 18 Jan 2021. Then, 19 Feb. Then, 22 Mar. And now 14 April.

I realize that X-PH is a reseller, but as a Dinan distributor, I'd expect them to have a good enough relationship to go to Dinan and say "I have X number of backorders. What's a realistic date that these will ship?" Then, it's simply a matter of matching Backorder #1 with Exhaust #1 and so on down the line. AND THEN COMMUNICATING THAT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

How hard is it to get Dinan to say "You'll receive five exhausts on Date A, and an additional 10 exhausts on Date B." Then, you go to your first five customers and give them that date, and go on to your next ten customers and give them the subsequent date? It's not rocket science.

This didn't happen. When I inquired (repeatedly) I got referred to the Dinan website, saying that the date shown there was "live inventory".

This again, was a lie-- that date appears to be a completely arbitrary "placeholder' and has shifted like clockwork to another ~30 days when the actual date arrives. I even predicted that this would happen AGAIN earlier in this thread-- and that's *exactly* what happened.

I'm not willing to put my money towards any company(-ies) with this terrible customer service. Yes, I understand that supply chains have been disrupted, but at some point that becomes a convenient excuse rather than a causal factor.

So, I'm voting with my wallet. I've painted the bottom of my stock exhaust (with excellent results) and I absolutely *love* my BMS replica exhaust tips, so I'm content with my decision.

Maybe.... when/if someone puts up a used exhaust here at some point in the future, I'll reconsider. But for now, I won't be supporting any company that treats its customer base like this. I've got plenty of other things I can spend my money on (and yes, Cannondale, I'm looking at you!)

Rant: Off.
Appreciate 3
Kankles1485.50
pz6193281.50
      03-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #19
Midtown2020
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (6MT) & X3MC

Quote:

I was honestly sort of on the fence about the exhaust-- I sure as hell don't need any more power and spending close to $2k for a "slightly" different tone was starting to sound (heh) ridiculous to me the more I thought about it.

Every.

Single.

Time.

I asked for an update, I basically got "the date on the Dinan website is correct, and you'll get your exhaust shortly after that."

That was a lie. I was told to expect my exhaust on 18 Jan 2021. Then, 19 Feb. Then, 22 Mar. And now 14 April.

I realize that X-PH is a reseller, but as a Dinan distributor, I'd expect them to have a good enough relationship to go to Dinan and say "I have X number of backorders. What's a realistic date that these will ship?" Then, it's simply a matter of matching Backorder #1 with Exhaust #1 and so on down the line. AND THEN COMMUNICATING THAT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

How hard is it to get Dinan to say "You'll receive five exhausts on Date A, and an additional 10 exhausts on Date B." Then, you go to your first five customers and give them that date, and go on to your next ten customers and give them the subsequent date? It's not rocket science.

This didn't happen. When I inquired (repeatedly) I got referred to the Dinan website, saying that the date shown there was "live inventory".

This again, was a lie-- that date appears to be a completely arbitrary "placeholder' and has shifted like clockwork to another ~30 days when the actual date arrives. I even predicted that this would happen AGAIN earlier in this thread-- and that's *exactly* what happened.

I'm not willing to put my money towards any company(-ies) with this terrible customer service. Yes, I understand that supply chains have been disrupted, but at some point that becomes a convenient excuse rather than a causal factor.

So, I'm voting with my wallet. I've painted the bottom of my stock exhaust (with excellent results) and I absolutely *love* my BMS replica exhaust tips, so I'm content with my decision.

Maybe.... when/if someone puts up a used exhaust here at some point in the future, I'll reconsider. But for now, I won't be supporting any company that treats its customer base like this. I've got plenty of other things I can spend my money on (and yes, Cannondale, I'm looking at you!)

Are these the tips you have? If so, would you mind posting a photo of your rear end I知 considering these, as I too am second guessing Dinan as an exhaust option.
https://burgertuning.com/collections...-tips-set-of-4
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 05:13 PM   #20
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown2020 View Post
Are these the tips you have? If so, would you mind posting a photo of your rear end I知 considering these, as I too am second guessing Dinan as an exhaust option.
Similar, but not quite. I got the (I think) last set from a forum member here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-28-2021, 05:15 PM   #21
twintiga
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Every.

Single.

Time.

So I heard the Dinan exhaust live and it sounds amazing. Nothing like stock, and definitely a deep exhaust note unlike the Akra. I知 also on the waiting list and cancelled once and reordered LOL. I知 in no rush so I値l probably just wait and hope it comes sometime soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 06:29 PM   #22
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown2020 View Post
Are these the tips you have? If so, would you mind posting a photo of your rear end I’m considering these, as I too am second guessing Dinan as an exhaust option.
Similar, but not quite. I got the (I think) last set from a forum member here.
Those look awesome! I was thinking about going the same way if I got delayed again.

Are they 90mm tips or 100mm+?
Appreciate 0