E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > INPA startup errors

02-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
johnlaviola
Rep
Drives: 335XI

INPA startup errors

Sorry to start yet another INPA problem thread, but I'm running V5.0.2 on a Win 7 (64 bit) with a new $99 "USB K+DCAN USB Interface (INPA Compatible)" cable from One Stop.

I followed the DIYs posted here exactly (environment, path, interface in the EDIABAS.ini, etc.), with the exception of the serial port FIFOs as none are applicable for the USB cable driver. I set the USB Port properties for COM1 and set the latency to 1 msec per the One Stop installation instructions. When I start INPALoad the battery indicator is ON but the ignition is OFF.

I'm working with "E90" as my car is a 2008 335XI. Despite the startup issue, I tried to proceed and select e90 / F9 getting the appropriate dialog. If I double click 'airbag' I get an "IFH-003 ...interface interrupted" fault. I wasn't expecting it to work!

Any ideas on troubleshooting further would be greatly appreciated! Help!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #2
johnlaviola
Rep

I read some vague reference to COM port conflict issues on a Dell laptop, so I changed my port to COM3. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but while rereading the OneStop Electronic installation instructions for my USB cable, they make reference to a COM port setting in the obd.ini file. I don't have an odb.ini file in any directoty of my install (C:\INPA, C:\EDIABAS, C:\NCSEXPER, or C:\ for that matter!). Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

I've heard of the same thing happening in the past and it turned out to be a bad cable - the user contacted One Stop and a replacement cable fixed the issue.
      02-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
johnlaviola
Rep

Smile

Tested COM3 setting for USB serial port and now the "Battery" indicator is OFF. Changed back to COM1 and got the Battery indicator back to ON, but I still have "Ignition" indicator OFF.

Still troubleshooting!
Appreciate 0