E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > So iam driving and this GT....

09-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

So iam driving and this GT....

So iam driving on this one line street doing the speed limit. And I just got a ticket a couple of days ago so aim driving chill. So iam on this online street and this GT mustang try’s to come and past me might I say it’s the new one. So I down shift and his on the other line were on coming traffic is support to be and his trying to past me wile I am speeding up and then he comes back in my line and his like screaming and jumping up and down I because he couldn't past me though it was SOOOO funny and this just happened like 5 min. Ago and iam still driving home. And iam still laughing to me self

Last edited by D-Rock; 09-19-2005 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
maybe this is just me, but you shouldvelet the punk pass...something bad couldve happend...just me though...
      09-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

you shouldn't post on the internet while driving
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I was at a red light haha
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 03:31 PM   #5
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
maybe this is just me, but you shouldvelet the punk pass...something bad couldve happend...just me though...
thats his falut he was trying to past me on a one line street wile iam doing the posted speed limit
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

haha, thats right, dont let those fockers get gassed up. you gotta put those people in thier places. i do that also, when people think they can do some slick shit, it makes them feel stupid. i do it with my 3 and my old corolla , ricers/racers think they own the street.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #7
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat
haha, thats right, dont let those fockers get gassed up. you gotta put those people in thier places. i do that also, when people think they can do some slick shit, it makes them feel stupid. i do it with my 3 and my old corolla , ricers/racers think they own the street.
Thank you i thought nobody was ganna agree with me
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #8
agarbati
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, Saph Blk 330i

Paintball pete, quick question - do you by any chance have spellcheck on your computer?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 07:33 PM   #9
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

nope not on the sidekick hows that?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 07:45 PM   #10
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarbati
Paintball pete, quick question - do you by any chance have spellcheck on your computer?
hey he was at a redlight typing lay off

geez

LOL!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 08:01 PM   #11
CA330i
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
...just let natural slection take its course. The sooner this clown is off the streets the better!
      09-19-2005, 08:36 PM   #12
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA330i
...just let natural slection take its course. The sooner this clown is off the streets the better!
Who me don’t you understand this guy was illegal tying to switch lines on a 2 lane street. Also he was speeding and he could have killed some one trying to show off his little mustang
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 09:01 PM   #13
r111
Private
Rep
Drives: 996 C2

You should really leave the speed policing to the cops. It's their job.

How would you feel if the maniac went ballistic later and ran into another car? Or if he went WOT to pass you, and ran head on with oncoming traffic because you wouldn't let him pass.

Pete, you said that you downshifted and then accelerated till eh couldn't pass. I think you were taunting him. I'm a fast driver and just today, i gave the guy a bird for holding up traffic on lane #1. He was driving at the limit. I wasn't the only driver p'd off.

It's not your job.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #14
packetninja
Rep
Drives: 06 330i silver/blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by r111
I'm a fast driver and just today, i gave the guy a bird for holding up traffic on lane #1. He was driving at the limit. I wasn't the only driver p'd off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r111
How would you feel if the maniac went ballistic later and ran into another car? Or if he went WOT to pass you, and ran head on with oncoming traffic because you wouldn't let him pass.
?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #15
CA330i
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball pete
Who me don’t you understand this guy was illegal tying to switch lines on a 2 lane street. Also he was speeding and he could have killed some one trying to show off his little mustang
Oh I see, you were just trying to uphold the law. So if you are driving the speed limit, then down shift and accelerate, what speed are you doing then? Just because someone is driving faster than you doesn't mean he is trying to "show off his little mustang". The world does not revolve around you. Maybe he was just in a hurry? The only one trying to show off was you. Napolean complex due to the 325 perhaps? Sorry couldn't resist...
      09-19-2005, 10:39 PM   #16
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Honestly kind of a dangerous manuver. The guy might be a jerk, but what happens if he went head-on to someone on the other side because you decided not to let him pass you. The 3rd party would be the biggest loser in the accident.

Just 2 pennies.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #17
Phoenix-IT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball pete
So iam driving on this one line street doing the speed limit. And I just got a ticket a couple of days ago so aim driving chill. So iam on this online street and this GT mustang try’s to come and past me might I say it’s the new one. So I down shift and his on the other line were on coming traffic is support to be and his trying to past me wile I am speeding up and then he comes back in my line and his like screaming and jumping up and down I because he couldn't past me though it was SOOOO funny and this just happened like 5 min. Ago and iam still driving home. And iam still laughing to me self
You're the kind of guy that really gets me agitated on the road, because you have no manners. :mad:

If you don't want to go as fast as the guy behind you then let him pass. You're not doing anyone any favors, you're being an egotistical road hog. Is your equipment so small that you can't let someone pass without feeling less manly?

Maybe he was late for work, maybe someone loves is in the hospital and just maybe he just likes to drive faster than you.

At any rate, if it was a new GT you hardly stand a chance in a race with him if he wasn't blocked in front.

Try being a more considerate driver, we'd all be happier if everyone was.

Last edited by Phoenix-IT; 09-20-2005 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 12:47 AM   #18
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarbati

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 08:57 AM   #19
ward
Major General
Rep

I must admit, I did the same thing back in my E36 M3

a guy in a buick tried to pass on the wrong side of the road,

I didn't let him pass either

I'm just as bad too, (that was a whole year ago, i'm mature now......)
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 10:33 AM   #20
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Teen released in deadly 'road rage'
Friday, September 16, 2005
Associated Press
A 17-year-old football player was released from a Camden County detention center yesterday, two days after authorities say his punches killed a man who had followed him home and tried to run him down with a car.

The teen, a junior offensive and defensive lineman on Lindenwold High School's football team, must wear an electronic monitoring device except during football games, said his lawyer, Jeffrey Zucker. A family court judge ordered the boy released during a closed hearing.

Authorities said James Munter, 53, followed the teen home Monday after becoming enraged when the boy cut him off while the two were driving. Zucker said his client had cut off Munter inadvertently when pulling out of a gas station.

Authorities said Munter followed the boy for three miles to his Lindenwold house and, when the teen ran across the street, ran into him with his car.

The teen, authorities said, rolled off the car and landed on his feet. He punched Munter, also of Lindenwold, twice through his open car window. Munter died Tuesday.

Prosecutors said they have not decided whether to upgrade the charges against the boy from aggravated assault to manslaughter, leave them or drop the case.

The 6-foot-6, 300-pound teen was wearing shorts and a T-shirt as he left the Camden County Hall of Justice yesterday morning. His hair was mussed and he looked bewildered. Neither he nor his family would talk to reporters.

Zucker said the teen, whose name has not been released because of his age, planned to play in tonight's football game.

First Assistant Camden County Prosecutor James P. Lynch said an autopsy conducted Wednesday showed both blows were on the left side of Munter's head -- one near his eye and one on his ear. The force caused a blood vessel to break and Munter to lose blood to his head. He never regained consciousness before he died.

Lynch said yesterday that investigators were still gathering facts to help decide whether and how to prosecute the teen.

"This case could not be more serious," Lynch said. "A gentleman lost his life."

Zucker said he hopes prosecutors will drop the charges. If they do not, he said, he would argue that the teen acted in self-defense, punching Munter in the heat of the moment when he legitimately feared for his life.

It was the teen, Zucker said, who called an ambulance immediately after he punched the man.

Munter's family declined to speak with reporters after yesterday's court hearing. But his widow, Nadine Munter, told the Courier- Post of Cherry Hill for yesterday's newspapers that she did not believe the teen acted in self-defense.

"My husband never got out of the car," she said. "He was strapped to his seat. He never had a chance."

Rocco Cipparone, a criminal defense lawyer who also teaches a criminal law course at Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, said that to establish self-defense in New Jersey, a suspect must show there was a reasonable expectation of death or serious bodily harm, must not have had an escape route and must use the minimum amount of force necessary to get out of the situation.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #21
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

It's sad that some of the places I have been up north if you give someone the finger because they cut you off, you're lucky they don't shoot you. My family is from Brooklyn, so my dad tells me a lot of stories. Some people are really messed up in the head.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #22
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Both 53 and 17 year old are and were immature. One is now dead. All because of their egos being bruised by being "cut off" or such in their cars.

I admit that I get POd when someone cuts me off, rant and rave and curse. But there are too many things to worry about and live for than getting too greatly upset over traffic.

Last edited by MCS; 09-20-2005 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0