Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

01-13-2016, 11:07 PM   #23
Ghosn
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Maybe it's because they won't be able to inspect the car and what's to say you come back two days later and say "Hey, there's a mark on my car which was there before delivery" and since they weren't able to give the car/paint work a tick of approval before delivery, they will take the liability/responsibility off their hands.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #24
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosn
Maybe it's because they won't be able to inspect the car and what's to say you come back two days later and say "Hey, there's a mark on my car which was there before delivery" and since they weren't able to give the car/paint work a tick of approval before delivery, they will take the liability/responsibility off their hands.
Yeah I get that but I've said they can remove the film now just don't detail it. I'm worried about some future defect arising (chances slim I know) such as paint falling off. Just don't want this waiver getting in the way of something that had nothing to do with delivery. I will sort it out I'm sure
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 05:47 AM   #25
Ghosn
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

In my case, I'm always going to send my car straight to my detailer. So I'll let the dealer do their thing and my detailer will correct any imperfections than could arise from the dealer wash and make the car look better than when I picked it up.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 05:51 AM   #26
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosn
In my case, I'm always going to send my car straight to my detailer. So I'll let the dealer do their thing and my detailer will correct any imperfections than could arise from the dealer wash and make the car look better than when I picked it up.
Exactly what I'll be doing. Straight to detailer to dial in the paint and remove any imperfections.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #27
purecrema
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 997 GT2, Macan Turbo, M3, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosn View Post
Surprisingly Melbourne BMW did a great job with my pre-delivery. The dealership actually out sourced the work.

Under lights I could only find one fault with glue on the door, the rest of the car was outstanding.

I had a similar experience when taking delivery a few months earlier from Porsche Brighton with the Porsche Macan...very few faults.

I've since polished (2 stage RO) and protected the Macan with Cquartz. The M3 still needs to be done.
Appreciate 0