BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

10-16-2020, 09:57 AM   #1
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Order, Production And Delivery Timeline

Thought this might be helpful for those on the east coast of the United States ordering a 2 series Gran Coupe. This was my timeline.

8/4/2020: Ordered (received Production Order Number the same day)

8/24/20: Production Begins

9/3/20: Exterior Body Assembly Begins, In Paint Booth, Entering Assembly Line, Assembly in Progress, Quality Check

9/4/20: Quality Check

9/5/20: Quality Check

9/6/20: Quality Check

9/7/20: Final Assembly, Ready For Transport, Awaiting Carrier Assignment

9/8/20: Awaiting Carrier Assignment

9/9/20: Dispatched From Factory

9/10/20: Arrived at the port of exit Bremerhaven

9/17/20: In Transit (SHIP: Themis 20 days to cross Atlantic with four stops before reaching Newark)

10/7/20: Arrives In Newark

10/9/20: Released To Carrier

10/13/20: Arrived At Dealer

10/15/20: Picked Up At Dealer

The BMW 800 number and website sometimes provide conflicting information and do not seem to be up to date. For example, the information was telling me the vehicle was at the port of exit when it had already arrived in Newark. Then the day before it arrived at the dealership it was informing me that it was in transit from the port of exit.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
Bimmerfan1002
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330i xDrive

Congrats on your purchase!

Picked up mine the same day, bet they were on the same ship! I noticed the same inconsistencies with the 800 number. Which trim did you get and how do you like it so far?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:22 AM   #3
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfan1002 View Post
Congrats on your purchase!

Picked up mine the same day, bet they were on the same ship! I noticed the same inconsistencies with the 800 number. Which trim did you get and how do you like it so far?
Mine was on the Themis. I chose the Brooklyn trim. I have not driven it much yet. Since I have been working on it. I have coded it, tinted the windows and I removed the small black spoiler on the rear. I think it looks better. Do not like the fact that BMW eliminated Siri eyes free if you have Apple Car Play (which I don’t use). Also, I think the recommended tire pressure is too high. I love the exterior color ( Storm Bay Metallic) and the interior (Oyster). It has more features than I will probably ever need.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
Bimmerfan1002
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Mine was on the Themis. I chose the Brooklyn trim. I have not driven it much yet. Since I have been working on it. I have coded it, tinted the windows and I removed the small black spoiler on the rear. I think it looks better. Do not like the fact that BMW eliminated Siri eyes free if you have Apple Car Play (which I don’t use). Also, I think the recommended tire pressure is too high. I love the exterior color ( Storm Bay Metallic) and the interior (Oyster). It has more features than I will probably ever need.
That’s a great color combo. On the 228 the spoiler is matched to the body color, which a bit less jarring, but still is one of my least favorite exterior design elements. If I wasn’t leasing it I would most likely be removing it too. Totally agree on the pressures being too high from the factory, I think mine were over 40 the night I drove it home. Best of luck with the mods, happy driving!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 05:36 PM   #5
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfan1002 View Post
That’s a great color combo. On the 228 the spoiler is matched to the body color, which a bit less jarring, but still is one of my least favorite exterior design elements. If I wasn’t leasing it I would most likely be removing it too. Totally agree on the pressures being too high from the factory, I think mine were over 40 the night I drove it home. Best of luck with the mods, happy driving!
I am also leasing. Spoiler was easy to remove. A hair dryer or heat gun and fishing line. There is a video by Kies Motorsports which was helpful. They even show how to reinstall a spoiler which I intend to do upon lease return. See video here:
Appreciate 0