BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

10-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #1
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Unable To Access Body Domain Control Unit

I am trying to code the default driving mode on my M2351. I want the vehicle to start in Sport mode. I have the latest full version of Bimmercode and I am using the OBDLink MX+ adapter. I have to access the Body Domain Controller to accomplish this. For some reason I cannot connect to it. Every time I try it scans to 100% and then shows error, I have accessed other units and have coded other features but this one has alluded me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by J-RO; 10-18-2020 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 06:09 AM   #2
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just received an email from Bimmercode with an attachment to download a pre release version of the app update that they claim will resolve the issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 06:19 AM   #3
4sfed4
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M235Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Just received an email from Bimmercode with an attachment to download a pre release version of the app update that they claim will resolve the issue.
Was this successful?

Asking as someone who is going to play around with Bimmercode and the CX adapter this weekend......
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 06:38 AM   #4
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sfed4 View Post
Was this successful?

Asking as someone who is going to play around with Bimmercode and the CX adapter this weekend......
Yes and no. I was able to access the Body Domain Control Unit and coded the sport mode start up but it kept reverting back to comfort mode and exhibited some other issues. See my other thread here entitled coding default driving mode. I recoded it back to comfort mode for the time being. If you have better results let me know.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #5
maxyeo
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 218i Gran Coupe M-Sport F44

I was having same problem with the recommended obd2 .... after that I bought a china made enet obd and everything works fine .... best part is the enet obd2 is very very affordable

https://h5.m.taobao.com/cm/collocati...b15&app=chrome
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #6
jpms
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i F44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sfed4 View Post
Was this successful?

It worked for me. I'm using a CX adapter as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 01:43 PM   #7
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228I XDrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpms View Post
It worked for me. I'm using a CX adapter as well.
Hey there, did it work for you with the latest update? I used to have the CX adapter, but I left it in a used car I was gonna buy on accident, so I got the V-gate BLE, I have the full version of BimmerCode and I updated it today, however it says I am unable to access the body domain controller with my particular adapter. I am wondering if that’s just because I am using the V gate, or because of the BimmerCode software?

I emailed support to ask for the beta, it might be that I need to get the CX adapter again which work just fine previously. Thoughts? 👌🙏
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 07:17 PM   #8
tamagohk
Rep
Drives: F44

Make sure the car is in diagnostic mode without engine start.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 05:44 PM   #9
jpms
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i F44

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
I am trying to code the default driving mode on my M2351. I want the vehicle to start in Sport mode. I have the latest full version of Bimmercode and I am using the OBDLink MX+ adapter. I have to access the Body Domain Controller to accomplish this. For some reason I cannot connect to it. Every time I try it scans to 100% and then shows error, I have accessed other units and have coded other features but this one has alluded me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
That’s weird. Maybe something with the 235? Mine is a 218 and I am able to access that controller with the exact same adapter. I use the Android bimmercode version.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 03:49 PM   #10
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228I XDrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpms View Post
That’s weird. Maybe something with the 235? Mine is a 218 and I am able to access that controller with the exact same adapter. I use the Android bimmercode version.
I ended up buying an enet cable and using BimmerCode on my iPad and I can access everything, but unfortunately I can’t access the lighting modules fully and change the angel Eye brightness when the low beams are on, I believe default is 49%. Do you know if there’s a way to access it perhaps an expert mode?

I would love to change the angel light brightness to 100% it really adds visibility at night👌🙏💯
Appreciate 0