E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 320D No throttle Response and Stalling

08-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

E92 320D No throttle Response and Stalling

My first post here and I need some help with a very strange issue.

I see from reading that many of you have had similar issues.

I'm an aircraft mechanic so getting my hands dirty doesn't scare me but this problem has me and BMW stumped.

Car: E92 320D AT DOM:Oct 2009 FBMWSH only 43K miles based in Ireland. The car does a lot of short 15 mile trip almost daily and some longer trips once or twice a month of 150 miles.

Situation:
At low speeds when approaching a red light or roundabout(circle) with foot of the throttle and applying very light braking or no braking at all.

The traffic light goes green before stopping or roundabout is clear to enter without stopping so i go to apply throttle and...

Symptoms:
Throttle does not respond at all engine is still running and no warning lights at all

One of two things then happens.

Either I floor the throttle a few times and it jumps back to life giving throttle response or that doesn't work and I apply brake to stop but just before stopping the engine shudders to a stop and cuts out but once again no warning lights

To restart I press stop button to turn off electrics and then start to restart and the car is back to normal no long restart or rough idle its as if nothing happened.

This is totally random except for the fact it only happens at low speeds approaching a stop when my foot is off the throttle.

Fixes to date:

Fault code check no faults shown, Crank Shaft sensor replaced seemed to fix issue for 8 months but it has returned. Still no fault codes. Ger box (throttle body) reset done.

Thinking of replacing the DDE relay.

Anyone have similar story or any idea what I should be looking at. Is there a throttle relay that could be damaged or a throttle input sensor?

I find it really strange the car stalls at stop as if some sensor is telling it to cut fuel once the wheels are not rotating.

I was under the impression it takes a lot to stall an automatic car and it can be so dangerous.

Any input very much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Bump
Appreciate 0