BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    BPMSport F90 M5 Dyno

02-21-2019, 01:26 AM   #23
F90BSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by f90_FTW View Post
I also had stage 2 bpm sport from Mike on my f10. Was very happy with power.

I will say this though. I've already tuned my f90 once will not name, names. Didn't work out. Car didn't make any power.

I'm mentioning this because I think everybody wants to be first to market for this car, and I don't think ANYBODY has really figured it out yet.

My car is back to stock tune and I'm not even entertaining a new tune for a while.

I don't want to be people's lab rats.

The only people who have figured it out are the ones who are providing modest tunes with minimal gains.

I want a stage 2 tune, with no bugs, and I haven't found it yet. The only one close is racechip and that's a piggyback tune, and in my opinion it's modest as well. They offer 100-200km at 6.2 which is fast.. but I've already seen mid 5's and lower from the f90.
Please share those mid 5s with us because that's MCLAREN numbers that I'd love to see and understand who has those numbers on the F90. Just curious. Also, from my experience, there is much more that goes into the car than just tune not holding power. I've come across several people who have tuned their F90s before break in service and then they take the car in, dealer wipes the entire thing clean and does break in and then car doesn't hold tune and it's all the tuners fault, which in reality, we have to know our cars in and out before we demand more of less from tuners or other companies in the aftermarket world. Not saying you don't know your car yet, but if it's a reputable tuner, they will figure it out why your car isn't making power, and if the tuner sucked, then you find a better tuner.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #24
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90BSM5 View Post
Quote:

I will say this though. I've already tuned my f90 once will not name, names. Didn't work out. Car didn't make any power.

I'm mentioning this because I think everybody wants to be first to market for this car, and I don't think ANYBODY has really figured it out yet.

My car is back to stock tune and I'm not even entertaining a new tune for a while.

The only people who have figured it out are the ones who are providing modest tunes with minimal gains.

I want a stage 2 tune, with no bugs, and I haven't found it yet. The only one close is racechip and that's a piggyback tune, and in my opinion it's modest as well. They offer 100-200km at 6.2 which is fast.. but I've already seen mid 5's and lower from the f90.
Please share those mid 5s with us because that's MCLAREN numbers that I'd love to see and understand who has those numbers on the F90. Just curious. Also, from my experience, there is much more that goes into the car than just tune not holding power. I've come across several people who have tuned their F90s before break in service and then they take the car in, dealer wipes the entire thing clean and does break in and then car doesn't hold tune and it's all the tuners fault, which in reality, we have to know our cars in and out before we demand more of less from tuners or other companies in the aftermarket world. Not saying you don't know your car yet, but if it's a reputable tuner, they will figure it out why your car isn't making power, and if the tuner sucked, then you find a better tuner.
From dragy app. These numbers are all 100-200Kmh
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #25
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:

EuroCharged or Burger JB4 (ECU vs more informed piggy respectively).
Appreciate 0