BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Anyone do ED lately? Quick ?

07-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
bimaholic
Rep
Drives: '06 330xi

Anyone do ED lately? Quick ?

Time to show up? I am taking delivery soon at Welt and received the notice that my registration is at 8 and I take delivery at 920 with a 1145 factory tour. I am flying in late the day before and wondered what's the latest reasonable time to show up? I figure I will have about an hour after my delivery until the tour to play around and eat before the tour. I'd love to get the extra shut eye to get beyond jet lag. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

I usually check in the day before so I am not rushed doing everything on the same day. My delivery is on a Tuesday and I am planning to check in Monday morning so I can utilize the vip lounge, explore the welt, go to factory tour, and museum.

Last edited by chmura; 07-29-2016 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

At least 30 mins prior if not an hour. I would show up at 8 like they told you.
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2016, 12:18 PM   #4
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimaholic
Time to show up? I am taking delivery soon at Welt and received the notice that my registration is at 8 and I take delivery at 920 with a 1145 factory tour. I am flying in late the day before and wondered what's the latest reasonable time to show up? I figure I will have about an hour after my delivery until the tour to play around and eat before the tour. I'd love to get the extra shut eye to get beyond jet lag. Cheers
Sleep on the plane and be on time or at least 30 minutes early for your appointment at the Welt. It's a phenomenal experience and you'll feel like a DOLT rushing through it. They serve all kinds of fruit and foods all through the day so show up early with an empty stomach. Check the hours and if it opens at be there when the unlock the doors. If they open earlier I would get there at least 30 minutes early and I am the kinda person that is 30 minutes LATE every where I go.

I love my sleep too bro but take this one seriously. More than likely you won't be able to sleep in anyway if you are excited about the delivery as I was.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
bimaholic
Rep

This is my 3rd ED so I have been through the drill before. Excited to do it again but just don't think I need to be there so early if I will hanging around Welt for an 1.5 hours after my delivery. I was thinking about getting there about a 1/2 hour before my delivery time. I know how Germans are about punctuality and didn't want to piss anyone off.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #6
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimaholic View Post
This is my 3rd ED so I have been through the drill before. Excited to do it again but just don't think I need to be there so early if I will hanging around Welt for an 1.5 hours after my delivery. I was thinking about getting there about a 1/2 hour before my delivery time. I know how Germans are about punctuality and didn't want to piss anyone off.
What route will you be taking once you pick up your car?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #7
bimaholic
Rep

I am figuring that out now. On my 1st Ed i went to Innsbruck, down to Italy and over to Nice for Drop off. My 2nd I went skiing in Austria then down to Venice. My wife's family is from the Black Forest region so we've been to Rotenberg a few times, Baden Baden, Prague and Salzberg so I am trying to figure out something different. I only have 3 days as I have some family responsibilities in Copenhagen so I am thinking of heading to the Fussen/Rheat region, doing the Alpine Road and some other drives through then Alps over to Lake Constance then back to Munich. I am thinking of asking for suggestions here.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

When is your delivery date?

Mine is on September 19th. I'm heading over to Zurich, taking the scenic route to Lucerne, taking the passes to Como before heading up to Innsbruck.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #9
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

I find them pretty accommodating of you send an email. I changed my tour to before delivery and did an afternoon delivery. Did not feel rushed. It might have been a slower day it was in winter.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 01:41 AM   #10
RustyR5
Rep
Drives: E90 335

My pick up date is Sept. 5 and i cant wait!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I go back and forth to EU quite often for work. You're going to want to sleep on the plane, take a Lunesta or something if you need to, then when you arrive in the morning you'll be good to go. Next day budget a little time to sleep in a bit and you'll be fine.

Going east is easy, the real bitch is coming home traveling west. Do yourself a favor don't sleep on that flight. Got home and try to go to bed around your normal time.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #12
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I go back and forth to EU quite often for work. You're going to want to sleep on the plane, take a Lunesta or something if you need to, then when you arrive in the morning you'll be good to go. Next day budget a little time to sleep in a bit and you'll be fine.

Going east is easy, the real bitch is coming home traveling west. Do yourself a favor don't sleep on that flight. Got home and try to go to bed around your normal time.
I've noticed that as well. Going East = easy; Going West = bitch
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 03:34 PM   #13
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post

I've noticed that as well. Going East = easy; Going West = bitch
Worst trip of my life was New York to Beijing to Bangkok to Stockholm to New York in a week. Took me a while to recover from that one. I do not recommend circumnavigating the globe going west in that kind of timeframe.
Appreciate 0