BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

05-08-2021, 04:14 AM   #1
digi_T
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 220i

Autoglym Lifeshine

I live near the coast and often get birds leaving unwanted deposits on my paintwork especially from the massive seagulls. Usually I’m quick to remove it but once such deposit got left on for about 24 hours. As the whole car needed a clean I washed it off and saw that one particular piece of cr@p had damaged the paintwork, the outline of the splatter was still there and had appeared to have left a matt circle in the paint about an inch in diameter. I tried to polish it out and made it look a little better but it was still very noticeable.

When I bought my car the dealer threw in Autoglym Lifeshine coating as a freebie so I thought I’d just check to see what the guarantee said it would cover and to my surprise it covered damage to paint from bird droppings. I gave them call on Tuesday and yesterday I received a visit from a technician who took about 15 minutes to restore the finish back to new. Super impressed and grateful that I had this cover and for those wondering about taking up a dealer on a coating I’d recommend it. I read that today’s paints used in automotive are not as resilient these days due to being water based, could be rubbish but I’ve never had bird poop damage my paintwork before.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 07:17 AM   #2
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

That's good that the Lifeshine guarantee covers damage from bird droppings. I usually have my cars ceramic coated, then use a hydroponic coating every wash and this gives additional protection. Like you my dealership has given me the Lifeshine protection for free but I am highly sceptical it'll be applied correctly. If I see any swirls I'll be definitely asking the dealership to pay for a proper professional new car detail..
Appreciate 0