BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

04-12-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

New Order...

Hi from the UK, I've just ordered myself a new F44 M235i in Snapper Blue with the Tech, Pro and Drivers Assist packs after test driving one this morning as soon as the dealerships were reopened again.
Certainly it is a deceptively quick car but as comfortable to drive as my current A4 B9 is and I am looking forward to collecting the car in June. Once I have it I will post up some photos when the detailing has been carried out and ceramic coating applied...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
SimonCW
Private
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i XDrive Gran Coupe

Hi,

Nice to see another former Audi owner. You will love the car and the Tech pack!
      04-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #3
RobbieDouglas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cukeuk View Post
Hi from the UK, I've just ordered myself a new F44 M235i in Snapper Blue with the Tech, Pro and Drivers Assist packs after test driving one this morning as soon as the dealerships were reopened again.
Certainly it is a deceptively quick car but as comfortable to drive as my current A4 B9 is and I am looking forward to collecting the car in June. Once I have it I will post up some photos when the detailing has been carried out and ceramic coating applied...
Definitely chose a good colour 😉!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #4
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Congrats on the order, hope the wait isn't too agonizing. Look forward to pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 08:16 AM   #5
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks all, I am sure the couple of months wait will fly by. The dealership has given me a full tank of fuel and the Autoglym Lifeshine and Metalmate protective treatments for free. Normally I wouldn't have the treatments done, if I was paying for them, but I'll see what the car looks like upon collection and after I have given it my first proper wash and then I'll decide if it needs a proper detail and ceramic coating.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 09:29 AM   #6
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So had a call from the saleperson to arrange collection next friday. I bet next week goes slowly.
From ordering on the 12th April to collection on the 28th May, impressive!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 09:19 PM   #7
jackknewman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
So had a call from the saleperson to arrange collection next friday. I bet next week goes slowly.
From ordering on the 12th April to collection on the 28th May, impressive!
Was this a full factory order? Do you know how it was done so soon?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 02:08 AM   #8
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi, it was a factory order but the dealership found an open slot so that's the reason why it was so speedy. The same occurred with my current A4, that took about five weeks from signing the order to it arriving.
      05-21-2021, 08:19 AM   #9
jackknewman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Hi, it was a factory order but the dealership found an open slot so that's the reason why it was so speedy. The same occurred with my current A4, that took about five weeks from signing the order to it arriving.
That's great! I placed my order last week and I have only been given August/September. Hopefully I'll get a build date in the next few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 10:40 PM   #10
damo74
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 218i GC Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackknewman View Post
Quote:
That's great! I placed my order last week and I have only been given August/September. Hopefully I'll get a build date in the next few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackknewman View Post
Quote:
Best check with your dealer for an update as I've heard of spec changes due to semi conductor supplies e.g 'reduced' comfort access, no enhanced Bluetooth, no Harmon Kardon available. Also, leather is now soon to become a cost option on M Sport rather than having a price increase!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 03:46 AM   #11
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yes I've already planned for this once the dealership has the car, however in all our conversations, either by phone or email, this week no mention has been made of any spec changes. If there is any lack of options I've chosen unfortunately the car will be rejected. I take no prisoners when it comes to buying a new car as the salesperson now knows...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 03:36 PM   #12
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Options all confirmed as present by the salesperson. He confirmed that mine, luckily, was too early and not affected by this shortage that they are now beginning to experience issues with moving forwards on some vehicles.

Last edited by cukeuk; 05-27-2021 at 03:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 03:48 AM   #13
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Insurance done, pleasantly surprised I get a rebate from the A4 2.0l TFSI policy.