BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

02-12-2021, 05:53 PM   #45
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin21 View Post
Still would like a video clip with some sound! :P
Honestly that's the only disappointment is the sound wasn't really improved.
Yeah blown the only sound difference I can hear is a slight blow off flutter on de throttle and a little bass from the intake which resembles a low darth Vader breathing ...lol
Oh and p.s i ran map 1 after work today . And did a bunch of partial throttle and wot and hwy runs and no safety and afr are good and no ign retarding at all .. 👍🏻 .. probably tommoro or Sunday I'll run map 2
Do a full pull and post the file I'll peak at it.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #46
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin21 View Post
Still would like a video clip with some sound! :P
Honestly that's the only disappointment is the sound wasn't really improved.
Yeah blown the only sound difference I can hear is a slight blow off flutter on de throttle and a little bass from the intake which resembles a low darth Vader breathing ...lol
Oh and p.s i ran map 1 after work today . And did a bunch of partial throttle and wot and hwy runs and no safety and afr are good and no ign retarding at all .. 👍🏻 .. probably tommoro or Sunday I'll run map 2
Do a full pull and post the file I'll peak at it.
Sent
What's the verdict on map 2?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 07:09 PM   #47
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

I've also been running a maxed out jb+ on my m235i gc the last few months and I've been loving it!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #48
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
I've also been running a maxed out jb+ on my m235i gc the last few months and I've been loving it!
Map 2 is 👍🏻👍🏻. No issues , no safety at all .

Ran it today
How's it feel over map 1?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #49
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Infiniti Q60RS

It's all talk until we see it. Come on guys, post a video running these mods.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #50
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
Map 2 is 👍🏻👍🏻. No issues , no safety at all .

Ran it today
How's it feel over map 1?
Hey blownls do you have any dealership how to's diagrams on the front bumper removal .

Gonna be removing the flap on the active grill , saw a guy removed one on his m135i and it can be done with still keeping the motor connected so there is no CeL , just need a guide to all the screws locations hold the bumper on .

It's gonna get very very warm here soon in the south and with the bms intake I can see the Underhood temps getting high ,so I wanna get a jump start on it , I do 90% city driving and don't want the flap closed plus cosmetically I plan to wrap the cross bars red so they can be seen .
It's simple really. Lift front of car, remove both wheels, remove both front liners, 2 screws on each side. Remove all upper screws on top of bumper where hood closes. From under the car remove all the screws on the bottom of the bumper. Partially remove the left and right sides and unplug the pdc harness. Should be pretty quick. Lmk if the light stays off. You will probably notice the car will take longer to warm up. But I don't see any other I'll effects. Maybe mpg on the highway will take a small hit.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #51
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Alright so I couldn't do pre testing with the oem intake today as traffic was ridiculous everywhere I went but because I love using my dragy I have data from last week when I tested. Good thing traffic was fine by the time I installed the intake and ate dinner. Vehicle condition is a jb+ maxed out, blizzak 215/45/18 and moda 18x8 tire rack wheels and weather was 36 degrees last week. On 3 hits the car was a consistent 4.82-4.84. Today vehicle has the new intake with no change to the jb+ or tires. Weather is worse today being temps in the low 20's. But the car cracked off it's first hit a 4.55 then a 4.54 and finally a best of 4.44. The only downside is the intake noise is lacking really. It's not much louder than stock.
Blown are you having a hard time fitting the adapter onto the plastic intake hose . The size of the adapter on the intake side is 3 5/8 and the side on the filter is 3.5" filter fit perfect on that size but the other size is extremely tight almost afraid to crack the hose to get on . It should be 3.5" on both sides
Take some oil or silicon spray and put it on your finger and wipe it around the new intake and inside the hose.
Holy crap that was tighter than a virgin on prom night . I think in the future they can mill Atleast a 1/16 off of the back to make it right but not ridiculously tight .

We're you able to use the brackets ??

Can't figure out how the hell they are gone fit on here *
Yeah my bracket is on.

Got it figured it out
Yeah I posted the picture right after you asked
All I can say , no joke ,,,seriously.. this is insane !!! I'm on map 0 and it feels like I'm on map 1 .. peaking on stock boost map 0 of 23.7psi . Throttle response is ridiculous, blown is rite it feels insane . Don't know how this little intake made such a difference but fuckkkkkkk!!!

Throttle response is so much more immediate now and it shifts now at a higher mph speed than before .

Wow I did not expect this but yes blown is correct this intake definitely is friggin worth it .

I have csv files if anyone wants to see the logs
installed this BMS intake on my wife's car last weekend and she swears it is so much faster and more responsive now and so is grilling me about what I did to her car! haha! I haven't had a chance to drive it much myself since the install but based on her reaction, I'm glad I got this! BTW I'm also running a maxed out jb+ on the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 08:18 AM   #52
PeterRSW
Registered
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i

Hi guys,

I would like to comment on this, I have recently made some datalogging of my F44 M235i, its still completely stock, no JB4 or anything on it. I was surprised to see the fueling under a WOT run always around lambda 1.0 - AFR 14.7 it wont enrich until reaching more then 3rd gear - 5000RPM.

https://datazap.me/u/peterrs/log-162...og=0&data=3-45

Can you guys take a look and maybe compare with your JB4 runs?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 08:41 AM   #53
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

I've just enquired about having my DTUK tuning box modified from my old car, A4 B9 2.0l tfsi 190ps, to the M235i. Software update is free and just £157 for a new loom. Bargain me thinks...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 01:11 AM   #54
jmurchison72
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD979967 View Post
Celtic Tunings current stage 1 offer 🤔
ECU Type: Boosch MG1CS201

Curious to see what the quote will be.
I checked this one out, unfortunately it's a bench unlock.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 05:50 AM   #55
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

When the Audi S4 B9 first came out the ecu could not be accessed both physically or electronically. However after months of perseverance it got cracked by APR. The ecu in question was also a Bosch MG1...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 04:23 PM   #56
rwhitt23
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M235i Gran Coupe

Anyone know where I can get dual exhaust tips for 2020 m235i gran coupe? I believe it’s the m performance exhaust.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 12:55 AM   #57
nikkorM
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

hey all, just wondering if there is an easy way to tell if my car would accept a BM3 flash tune? or if my ECU is locked to modification?

for reference, I have an M235 GC build data Nov 2019.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 10:25 AM   #58
alphinef44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkorM View Post
hey all, just wondering if there is an easy way to tell if my car would accept a BM3 flash tune? or if my ECU is locked to modification?

for reference, I have an M235 GC build data Nov 2019.
I am on a custom tune right now with navardi on e85 through bm3 . I have a 12/19 prod date and I was locked so it could well be that urs is too. Here in orlando where I am , I met up with a guy with a bench computer and he unlocked me right there. I would recommend that you try out the 93 octane first and see if you like the power gain cause it wasnt enough for me. That's why I got on e30 ots map before my custom tune. This car can run e85 on the right tune on stock fueling.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 08:43 PM   #59
FourCarss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphinef44 View Post
I am on a custom tune right now with navardi on e85 through bm3 . I have a 12/19 prod date and I was locked so it could well be that urs is too. Here in orlando where I am , I met up with a guy with a bench computer and he unlocked me right there. I would recommend that you try out the 93 octane first and see if you like the power gain cause it wasnt enough for me. That's why I got on e30 ots map before my custom tune. This car can run e85 on the right tune on stock fueling.
How much power difference have you noticed running ethanol blend?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 03:35 AM   #60
nikkorM
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphinef44 View Post
Thanks for the info. I was expecting for it to be locked.

You're lucky to have the connection to bench unlock, the shop I have been talking to mentioned that they had a Jcw Clubman recently for stage 2 mods and tune, and had to send the EMS away for unlock and it cost $2000, then there was the parts and tuning cost on top of that. This is in Brisbane Aus, btw.

I might go a jb4 first, and see where that gets me.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 06:28 AM   #61
alphinef44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkorM View Post
Thanks for the info. I was expecting for it to be locked.

You're lucky to have the connection to bench unlock, the shop I have been talking to mentioned that they had a Jcw Clubman recently for stage 2 mods and tune, and had to send the EMS away for unlock and it cost $2000, then there was the parts and tuning cost on top of that. This is in Brisbane Aus, btw.

I might go a jb4 first, and see where that gets me.
Bro check out orlandoautowerks on instagram, I know a guy in cali that shipped his out for only 250$ plus shipping cost but thats all
Appreciate 0