BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

01-28-2021, 05:09 AM   #23
4sfed4
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M235Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
I'm running a maxed out jb+ atm. .
Still running the maxed out JB+?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:35 AM   #24
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin21 View Post
Quote:
I ordered one right before I posted. Bms does their research and testing I doubt they would release an untested product.
What about the one from Eventuri? They seem to have good reviews to. Too expensive for you? Lol.

http://www.eventuri.net/products/bmw-f40-m135i-m235i/
Your damn right it is lol. The forged pistons and total seal rings for my vet weren't even 1100$ 🤣
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:36 AM   #25
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sfed4 View Post
Quote:
I'm running a maxed out jb+ atm. .
Still running the maxed out JB+?
Yes sir! Been on for a while with no ill effects so far. 8400 miles on the clock.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 10:42 AM   #26
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Infiniti Q60RS

Quote:
Your damn right it is lol. The forged pistons and total seal rings for my vet weren't even 1100$ 🤣
Facts. Lol. I might have to pick one of these up also for $199. Although I am doubtful of any actual power gains. I'd be happy to be proven wrong if someone puts it on a dyno. Mostly just sound.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 09:03 PM   #27
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Facts. Lol. I might have to pick one of these up also for $199. Although I am doubtful of any actual power gains. I'd be happy to be proven wrong if someone puts it on a dyno. Mostly just sound.
I have been using BMS parts for a very long time. Since back in 2010 on my 07 335i. I believe in the products they release. If they say 8whp I believe it. And I know their testing is done with 91 since they are in CA. 93 should be good for 2hp.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 07:21 PM   #28
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia335i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have been using BMS parts for a very long time. Since back in 2010 on my 07 335i. I believe in the products they release. If they say 8whp I believe it. And I know their testing is done with 91 since they are in CA. 93 should be good for 2hp.
Did u get yours year still haven't recvd it order on Friday ...
Still nothing, placed order on Wednesday. Sent an email today asking about the status on fulfillment since I paid for 2-6 day shipping. Email response was they were checking on it and will get back to me. I'll update when I hear back.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #29
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

BMS refunded me shipping cost and said it will ship tomorrow, hopefully expedited shipping.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 06:08 AM   #30
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Let's see some pics and videos with these mods.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2021, 05:06 AM   #31
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
Waiting for the intake to come end of this week . Looks like me and 1 other member purchased it So will know in a weeks time if there are any issues 🤞🏻. A few of us on here are running either a JB4 or a JB+ .

Only intake so far to work on the car without causing and lean issues have been the Eventuri intake ($1000) or a pipercross drop in .
I am waiting. I check this forum every day, lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 09:56 AM   #32
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Waiting for the intake to come end of this week . Looks like me and 1 other member purchased it So will know in a weeks time if there are any issues 🤞🏻. A few of us on here are running either a JB4 or a JB+ .

Only intake so far to work on the car without causing and lean issues have been the Eventuri intake ($1000) or a pipercross drop in .
Supposed to be getting mine tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 12:48 PM   #33
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Supposed to be getting mine tomorrow.
Wow . Mine shows arrived in location and delivery is shown by ups tommoro also 👍🏻
Ups says delivered. Tonight I'll do some testing, dragy is charged. I'll do 3 0-60 pulls each and get an average of before and after.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 03:10 PM   #34
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
It's here !

Also it's the Correct 3.5" hose adapter diameter 👍🏻
Please post a video after install so we can hear it!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 05:23 PM   #35
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Alright so I couldn't do pre testing with the oem intake today as traffic was ridiculous everywhere I went but because I love using my dragy I have data from last week when I tested. Good thing traffic was fine by the time I installed the intake and ate dinner. Vehicle condition is a jb+ maxed out, blizzak 215/45/18 and moda 18x8 tire rack wheels and weather was 36 degrees last week. On 3 hits the car was a consistent 4.82-4.84. Today vehicle has the new intake with no change to the jb+ or tires. Weather is worse today being temps in the low 20's. But the car cracked off it's first hit a 4.55 then a 4.54 and finally a best of 4.44. The only downside is the intake noise is lacking really. It's not much louder than stock.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-11-2021, 05:45 PM   #36
Nightshifter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

So it looks like the intake reduces air restriction for the turbo (obviously) causing it to spool up faster which improved your 0 - 60 time's... not to mention some added top end HP...? You need to get on a -5% slope and time it

Last edited by Nightshifter; 02-12-2021 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 05:51 PM   #37
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Alright so I couldn't do pre testing with the oem intake today as traffic was ridiculous everywhere I went but because I love using my dragy I have data from last week when I tested. Good thing traffic was fine by the time I installed the intake and ate dinner. Vehicle condition is a jb+ maxed out, blizzak 215/45/18 and moda 18x8 tire rack wheels and weather was 36 degrees last week. On 3 hits the car was a consistent 4.82-4.84. Today vehicle has the new intake with no change to the jb+ or tires. Weather is worse today being temps in the low 20's. But the car cracked off it's first hit a 4.55 then a 4.54 and finally a best of 4.44. The only downside is the intake noise is lacking really. It's not much louder than stock.
Blown are you having a hard time fitting the adapter onto the plastic intake hose . The size of the adapter on the intake side is 3 5/8 and the side on the filter is 3.5" filter fit perfect on that size but the other size is extremely tight almost afraid to crack the hose to get on . It should be 3.5" on both sides
Take some oil or silicon spray and put it on your finger and wipe it around the new intake and inside the hose.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 06:08 PM   #38
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Blown are you having a hard time fitting the adapter onto the plastic intake hose . The size of the adapter on the intake side is 3 5/8 and the side on the filter is 3.5" filter fit perfect on that size but the other size is extremely tight almost afraid to crack the hose to get on . It should be 3.5" on both sides
Take some oil or silicon spray and put it on your finger and wipe it around the new intake and inside the hose.
Holy crap that was tighter than a virgin on prom night . I think in the future they can mill Atleast a 1/16 off of the back to make it right but not ridiculously tight .

We're you able to use the brackets ??

Can't figure out how the hell they are gone fit on here 🤷*♂️
Yeah my bracket is on. I'll post a pic in a bit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 07:03 PM   #39
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Holy crap that was tighter than a virgin on prom night . I think in the future they can mill Atleast a 1/16 off of the back to make it right but not ridiculously tight .

Yeah my bracket is on.

Got it figured it out 👍🏻
Yeah I posted the picture right after you asked 🤣
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 08:00 PM   #40
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah my bracket is on.

Got it figured it out 👍🏻
All I can say , no joke ,,,seriously.. this is insane !!! I'm on map 0 and it feels like I'm on map 1 .. peaking on stock boost map 0 of 23.7psi . Throttle response is ridiculous, blown is rite it feels insane . Don't know how this little intake made such a difference but fuckkkkkkk!!!

Throttle response is so much more immediate now and it shifts now at a higher mph speed than before .

Wow I did not expect this but yes blown is correct this intake definitely is friggin worth it .

I have csv files if anyone wants to see the logs
I did notice the factory boost gauge is reading lower now but the car is definitely faster. Boost is obviously a measurement of restriction. I think with the intake your getting smoother air flow and a much less restriction so the car isn't needing to ramp boost as hard. Boost is definitely staying higher longer in the rpm range. I'd be interested in seeing the log of you can post a screen shot.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2021, 10:18 PM   #41
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah my bracket is on.

Got it figured it out 👍🏻
All I can say , no joke ,,,seriously.. this is insane !!! I'm on map 0 and it feels like I'm on map 1 .. peaking on stock boost map 0 of 23.7psi . Throttle response is ridiculous, blown is rite it feels insane . Don't know how this little intake made such a difference but fuckkkkkkk!!!

Throttle response is so much more immediate now and it shifts now at a higher mph speed than before .

Wow I did not expect this but yes blown is correct this intake definitely is friggin worth it .

I have csv files if anyone wants to see the logs
I did notice the factory boost gauge is reading lower now but the car is definitely faster. Boost is obviously a measurement of restriction. I think with the intake your getting smoother air flow and a much less restriction so the car isn't needing to ramp boost as hard. Boost is definitely staying higher longer in the rpm range. I'd be interested in seeing the log of you can post a screen shot.
23.6peak and afr seems to be staying where it usually is 14.5 .

I'll give it a few days then try map 1 , then after a couple days bammmm map 2 😎
Looks perfect so far
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #42
Nightshifter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
This is map 2 with the stock intake attached below .

When I tell you it boots on map 2 it's no joke !! and the way the car feels now with the intake
I'm almost biting my nails to see how it gonna feel on map 2 .
Post some draggy times between different Map settings! You're using a JB4 right? Map 2 that much of a difference over JB+?

Last edited by Nightshifter; 02-12-2021 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 02:58 PM   #43
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still would like a video clip with some sound! :P
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 03:46 PM   #44
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Still would like a video clip with some sound! :P
Honestly that's the only disappointment is the sound wasn't really improved.
Appreciate 0