BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

06-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
AlpineAl27
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330e Xdrive

Garage List
This may be an issue that's unique to me but I wanted to see if anyone has encountered something similar.

While driving my F44 I get really unbearable heel pain in my right foot. I've tried adjusting my seating position every which way to no avail. I'm honestly at the point where if I can't get this fixed soon I may return the car.
I drive all types of BMWs every day and I only encounter this problem in my car. Help

Update: I think I've found the source of my problem but I'm not sure how to proceed from this point.

I believe what's causing my foot pain is the plastic base of the gas pedal. I find that it sticks out further than say a 3 series BMW and when I pull the ball of my foot off of the accelerator, my heel is pressed into that plastic part. Naturally, the plastic is very hard and unforgiving so it hurts like a motherfucker after my heel is resting on it even briefly. If anybody has any ideas on what to do please let me know. Thanks for all of the responses so far!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #2
Fix_The_Cigarette_Lighter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: A couple of Mazdas

Ugh. No. I haven't experienced anything like that. I do notice that my own foot position tends to put the heel a bit to the left of the pedal so the foot can pivot to either gas or brake. Far from classic Senna, but it feels comfortable to me on an automatic.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2021, 06:18 PM   #3
Somnoboost
Rep
Drives: 2021 M235ix

Too much pressure pushing into the back of your thighs or legs. Basically the hamstring line. You are pinching a nerve which is causing you pain in your heel. Those nerves run from heel to your lower back and pain can show up anywhere in between when the nerves get pinched.
Make an adjustment to lessen the pressure. Sitting more flat with seat at less of an upward angle. The slide out supports on the seats are made to help this problem so try adjusting those.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2021, 06:51 PM   #4
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Maybe consult with a podiatrist.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2021, 10:08 PM   #5
AlpineAl27
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnoboost View Post
Too much pressure pushing into the back of your thighs or legs. Basically the hamstring line. You are pinching a nerve which is causing you pain in your heel. Those nerves run from heel to your lower back and pain can show up anywhere in between when the nerves get pinched.
Make an adjustment to lessen the pressure. Sitting more flat with seat at less of an upward angle. The slide out supports on the seats are made to help this problem so try adjusting those.
Could that cause my heel to feel an enormous amount of pressure on it though? It feels like my entire body weight is pressing down my heel into the floor and I just can't get comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 01:27 PM   #6
Redbeard_Inc
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i GC [US Spec]

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F44Alex View Post
This may be an issue that's unique to me but I wanted to see if anyone has encountered something similar.

While driving my F44 I get really unbearable heel pain in my right foot. I've tried adjusting my seating position every which way to no avail. I'm honestly at the point where if I can't get this fixed soon I may return the car.
I drive all types of BMWs every day and I only encounter this problem in my car. Help
Had this issue with my left foot from time to time on the side though but not right foot. You might want to take some time to properly adjust the seat. If you have it wrong you might be putting too much weight on your heel.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #7
Somnoboost
Rep
Drives: 2021 M235ix

Quote:
Could that cause my heel to feel an enormous amount of pressure on it though? It feels like my entire body weight is pressing down my heel into the floor and I just can't get comfortable.
Yes indeed it could. But whatever the physiological cause is, I'd bet it can be resolved with seat adjustments.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2021, 10:02 PM   #8
AlpineAl27
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnoboost View Post
Yes indeed it could. But whatever the physiological cause is, I'd bet it can be resolved with seat adjustments.
Thing is, I've tried adjusting the seat to lots of different angles and heights but the pain persists. Do you find the driving position is high or low in your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 03:37 AM   #9
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

I have come from an Audi A4 and I feel that the M235i GC has a better seating arrangement than the Audi had in that I felt comfortable immediately whereas it took a long time to get anywhere near comfortable with the Audi. Common to many owners the A4 seats always felt like you were sitting on them instead of in them, if you see what I mean.
I hope though you do find a solution but I don't think there is anything unique to the Bimmer causing this...
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2021, 09:44 PM   #10
AlpineAl27
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cukeuk View Post
I have come from an Audi A4 and I feel that the M235i GC has a better seating arrangement than the Audi had in that I felt comfortable immediately whereas it took a long time to get anywhere near comfortable with the Audi. Common to many owners the A4 seats always felt like you were sitting on them instead of in them, if you see what I mean.
I hope though you do find a solution but I don't think there is anything unique to the Bimmer causing this...
Do you find your seating position to be high in the F44? I feel like however I adjust it, my heel hurts like hell.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 11:08 AM   #11
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cukeuk View Post
Do you find your seating position to be high in the F44? I feel like however I adjust it, my heel hurts like hell.
My seat is low and back so I can still move my head while wearing a hat and it's very comfortable for my feet i try to use the ball of my foot when pressing the gas and keep my heel back and keep my left foot on the dead pedal it's really comfortable and I've never experienced any heel pain.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 02:17 PM   #12
AlpineAl27
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
see original post for an update.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 04:50 AM   #13
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

Quote:
Sorry about the late reply, I'm only just over 5' 8", thus I like to have my seat jacked up fairly high..
Appreciate 1