06-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #23
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Rick Carlisle and Donnie Nelson need to go!

Kristaps is Trash
Well, end of 3rd quarter and The Clippers are on a 21-2 run! It's over. Mavs just look so lackadaisical!! Seems like every time the bring the ball down the court, everyone is set up behind the 3 point line. : I just don't get it. Maybe they are trying to isolate Luka one on one. But as soon as he drives to the lane The Clippers cut him off and the ball goes back out beyond the 3 point line! Mavs deserve to lose! No defense, and No help for Luka! Next year won't be any better.
Have to give the Clippers all the credit. They deserve the series! You live and die by the 3, and the Mavs certainly died by it today. Just another first round exit!! ::
      06-06-2021, 05:06 PM   #24
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Rick Carlisle needs to go.
Nelson Jr needs to go.
Kristaps needs to go.

Luka's talents are being completely wasted!!! 🙄
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      06-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #25
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Rick Carlisle needs to go.
Nelson Jr needs to go.
Kristaps needs to go.

Luka's talents are being completely wasted!!! 🙄
Something definitely needs to change. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Luka definitely needs some help. My fear is once his contract expires that he may bail and go somewhere else. :
Much respect to The Clippers. Well deserved.
      06-06-2021, 07:58 PM   #26
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Doncic had a LOT of empty stats in useless points of the games in this series
numbers look great but impact was crap
most of the blame goes to him
he looked like he was playing 2019 LeBron defense out there
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      06-07-2021, 08:44 AM   #27
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
no way you can put this series on him. he was the only one doing anything. After game 4 where Doncic accounted for over 80% of the offense, the Clippers made it a point to stop Doncic and the rest of the team couldnt step up.

You cant have a game 7 and win where your bench only scores 6pts and the rest of the team cant get over 20pts. Doncic had some bad misses, but anytime your star can get 40+pts while shooting 56% from the field and 45% from 3, you should have a good shot at winning. Unfortunately, he was the only one playing and youre not going to win when the team shoots under 50% from the field and under 30% from 3.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 08:59 AM   #28
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
no way you can put this series on him. he was the only one doing anything. After game 4 where Doncic accounted for over 80% of the offense, the Clippers made it a point to stop Doncic and the rest of the team couldnt step up.

You cant have a game 7 and win where your bench only scores 6pts and the rest of the team cant get over 20pts. Doncic had some bad misses, but anytime your star can get 40+pts while shooting 56% from the field and 45% from 3, you should have a good shot at winning. Unfortunately, he was the only one playing and youre not going to win when the team shoots under 50% from the field and under 30% from 3.
Yes you can blame him
Had the mavs came back and won, He'd get the lion share of the credit for those same stats you just brought up

The eye test tells me that Doncic only plays one side of the court
defense wins championships and the Clippers plans worked while Rick played right into their hand
Like I said in an earlier post, Clippers are happy to let Doncic get his and keep everybody else in check
Doncic has a great career ahead of him, but he's gotta learn how to make his team better and learn some humility
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 09:39 AM   #29
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes you can blame him
Had the mavs came back and won, He'd get the lion share of the credit for those same stats you just brought up

defense wins championships and the Clippers plans worked while Rick played right into their hand
Like I said in an earlier post, Clippers are happy to let Doncic get his and keep everybody else in check
Doncic has a great career ahead of him, but he's gotta learn how to make his team better and learn some humility
if they had won, he'd get the lion share of the credit with those same stats because he was the one with the lion share of the production. With basically just him producing, the Mavs took the clippers to 7. Without Doncic's contribution, this is a quick 4 game sweep. The games the Mavs won, Doncic was on, and the rest of the team was on. Its not a 1 man show in the playoffs. You need to have multiple guys stepping up in the playoffs to win.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 10:46 AM   #30
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
if they had won, he'd get the lion share of the credit with those same stats because he was the one with the lion share of the production. With basically just him producing, the Mavs took the clippers to 7. Without Doncic's contribution, this is a quick 4 game sweep. The games the Mavs won, Doncic was on, and the rest of the team was on. Its not a 1 man show in the playoffs. You need to have multiple guys stepping up in the playoffs to win.
I agree for the most part
but a LOT of his stats are empty stats
reminds me of LeBron

During the Clippers 30-6 run Doncic had 4 pts on 2-7 shooting
where was he when the team needed him most?
that's was over 9 minutes of game play
29 pts in the first half when things were going well, laughing at Morris when he got that and 1 and looking smug
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #31
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I agree for the most part
but a LOT of his stats are empty stats
reminds me of LeBron

During the Clippers 30-6 run Doncic had 4 pts on 2-7 shooting
where was he when the team needed him most?
that's was over 9 minutes of game play
29 pts in the first half when things were going well, laughing at Morris when he got that and 1 and looking smug
again... if you need 1 player to score all your points, its not that 1 players fault, its the rest of the team's. The rest of the team went 1-9 with multiple fouls/turnovers.

all the analyst are saying Doncic is the clear MVP of the 1st round. Anyone that knows basketball knows the loss wasnt on him.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #32
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
again... if you need 1 player to score all your points, its not that 1 players fault, its the rest of the team's. The rest of the team went 1-9 with multiple fouls/turnovers.

all the analyst are saying Doncic is the clear MVP of the 1st round. Anyone that knows basketball knows the loss wasnt on him.
91-93 Bulls 96-98 Bulls one player scored all the points
just saying..but he also played locked down defense....made his team mates better and scored his points at timely moments in the game

Doncic does not know how to close yet....and that's ok as he's still very young
you'd only need to look at the final 4 minutes of game 6 and see what a leader and closer in Kawhi differs from Doncic
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 02:13 PM   #33
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
91-93 Bulls 96-98 Bulls one player scored all the points
just saying..but he also played locked down defense....made his team mates better and scored his points at timely moments in the game

Doncic does not know how to close yet....and that's ok as he's still very young
you'd only need to look at the final 4 minutes of game 6 and see what a leader and closer in Kawhi differs from Doncic
so we just ignore the guys jordan had around him i guess? Pippen, Grant, Rodman, etc.?

Lets also just ignore that Jordan is the best player to ever play the game, and even he didnt do it all by himself. Doncic accounted for 77pts in game 7. The rest of the team? 34pts that Doncic didnt score or assist on. And btw, that is the most ever in a game 7. Even Kawhi was able to lean on the rest of his roster, and that is why they ultimately won the series.

The Clippers game planned to stop doncic and make the rest of the roster beat them. And even with that, Doncic was on fire.

Heres Doncic vs the rest of the team...

Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      06-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #34
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You obviously do not comprehend Basketball with a BS statement like that. Try again. Luka is being praised and respected by the entire NBA for his incredible performance, some of which is record setting!
So what would you say if he had poor stats? 🙄
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #35
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:

EXACTLY. I would not waste my efforts trying to convince an obvious Hater.
Luka is being compared to and mentioned with the likes of:

LeBron
Bird
Magic Johnson
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 03:10 PM   #36
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

I spoke wrong....it's not Lebron but Harden who Doncic reminds me of
a lot of empty stats, great in the regular season and first 3 quarters
then gets small when the going get's tough

want to see a stat line no one talks about but instead they go...ooooh...aaaahhh 77 points!!! hurdurrh

"Leonard held all Mavericks he defended to a total of 11 points and 4-for-13 shooting. Doncic shot just 2-for-6 when guarded by Leonard, according to data from ESPN Stats & Information."

That is a great player and the reason why the Clippers won
Harden avg 34.8/7reb/5.5AST on his way to a big L against the Warriors in 2019
big numbers....empty stats
People calling Doncic "Baby Bird" LMAO GTFOH
Bird played defense
Should really be called the Euro Harden
Luka Oncic is more like it since he got D
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #37
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Mavericks have a top 10 player easily so they can try to build around him but IMHO they need a new head coach and a better supporting cast. Call me crazy but I’ll take Kristaps for Julius Randle (+\-) players to make salaries match up.

While the Knicks need a true superstar to contend (KP isn’t that), however, KP thrived in NY and had a better career there than in Dallas and clearly a change of scenery needs to be made. Julius Randle had a pretty good season but a disastrous short postseason. Would like to hear Mav fans of a KP for Randle swap?

Edit: did a trade machine here just to make the salaries match. Mavs would get out of that contract and all the players going to Dallas would be on expiring contracts. Would give them more financial flexibility.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #38
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Mavericks have a top 10 player easily so they can try to build around him but IMHO they need a new head coach and a better supporting cast. Call me crazy but I’ll take Kristaps for Julius Randle (+\-) players to make salaries match up.

While the Knicks need a true superstar to contend (KP isn’t that), however, KP thrived in NY and had a better career there than in Dallas and clearly a change of scenery needs to be made. Julius Randle had a pretty good season but a disastrous short postseason. Would like to hear Mav fans of a KP for Randle swap?

Edit: did a trade machine here just to make the salaries match. Mavs would get out of that contract and all the players going to Dallas would be on expiring contracts. Would give them more financial flexibility.
I wouldnt mind it just because it means we are out of the contract after a year.

I dont see the Knicks taking KP, or really anyone taking KP right now, because its apparent the injuries hes been racking up have taken a toll on him and he has a long big contract. We'll have to give up draft capital if we want to move him and have someone take that contract, and we dont have a 1st to trade until 2027.

KP in NY is not the same KP in dallas. Hes had a few significant injuries since then.

As for HC, I dont think there is anyone better that is available. Carlisle would be scooped up immediately if Dallas let him go by at least a dozen teams with HC question marks.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #39
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I wouldnt mind it just because it means we are out of the contract after a year.

I dont see the Knicks taking KP, or really anyone taking KP right now, because its apparent the injuries hes been racking up have taken a toll on him and he has a long big contract. We'll have to give up draft capital if we want to move him and have someone take that contract, and we dont have a 1st to trade until 2027.

KP in NY is not the same KP in dallas. Hes had a few significant injuries since then.

As for HC, I dont think there is anyone better that is available. Carlisle would be scooped up immediately if Dallas let him go by at least a dozen teams with HC question marks.
Jeff Van Gundy but he’s rusty af. I’m just trying to help you Mav fans. As a Knicks fan, we don’t even have a superstar so I’m jelly.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 06:23 PM   #40
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes you can blame him

No need in even talking about a 4 game sweep. Without Doncic The Mavs don't even make the playoffs.
      06-17-2021, 08:04 PM   #41
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Rick Carlisle and Donnie Nelson need to go!

Kristaps is Trash
You got your wish on the first two.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 12:07 AM   #42
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
You got your wish on the first two.
Hahaha!!!!

You don't piss off a generational talent, face of the Dallas Mavericks and soon to be face of the NBA, by keeping a inept head coach and GM for over a decade without winning Jack shit.
Luka has been winning Championships and MVP since he was a teenager!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 06:16 AM   #43
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hahaha!!!!

You don't piss off a generational talent, face of the Dallas Mavericks and soon to be face of the NBA, by keeping a inept head coach and GM for over a decade without winning Jack shit.
Luka has been winning Championships and MVP since he was a teenager!
I thought it was time for the both of them to go. Since the 2011 championship, they haven’t gotten past the first round so IMH0 it was long overdue. What they need to do is trade the 7’3 giraffe and get another superstar in there. With limited draft capital and not much to trade with, they better come up with something.

Heard rumblings that Luka is upset with the Mavs, however, if he signs that extension, he clearly never was. If he doesn’t sign it soon, Mavs fans will be worried.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 01:00 PM   #44
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Dirk Nowitzki told NYTSports that he is rejoining the Mavs organization as a special advisor. His first task will be helping the Mavs find a new head of basketball operations and then a coach.

I also read today that Luka's plans have not changed and he will sign the Super max deal of $200M+ with Dallas!
Appreciate 0