BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

10-28-2023, 05:30 AM   #1
Nello78
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F44 Gran Coupe 228i

Converting BACK Light to USA Version to EU Version

Hi everyone, I'm Italian and I apologise in advance for my sure mistakes in writing.
I'd like to ask you a question; has anyone ever had to deal with a conversion of the rear lights from the US Version to the Version we use here in Europe (ORANGE instead of RED turn signals), because I bought a slightly damaged BMW 228i from COPART in June and now I'm repairing it here in Italy to use it myself, but for the homologation they almost certainly ask me for the orange turn signals and not Red like yours. My question is: do I have to change all the rear lights or is it enough to somehow code the control unit or something similar?
Thank you very much to whoever answers me

Simone from Milan (ITALY)
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 08:47 AM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Its unlikely the LED can be changed to Orange through coding. The taillights can be coded to be behave like EU version but colour will remain same.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 06:16 PM   #3
egorix
Rep
Drives: BMW M235 (F44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nello78 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm Italian and I apologise in advance for my sure mistakes in writing.
I'd like to ask you a question; has anyone ever had to deal with a conversion of the rear lights from the US Version to the Version we use here in Europe (ORANGE instead of RED turn signals), because I bought a slightly damaged BMW 228i from COPART in June and now I'm repairing it here in Italy to use it myself, but for the homologation they almost certainly ask me for the orange turn signals and not Red like yours. My question is: do I have to change all the rear lights or is it enough to somehow code the control unit or something similar?
Thank you very much to whoever answers me

Simone from Milan (ITALY)
https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1991684
Appreciate 0