BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

02-12-2023, 03:21 PM   #1
Scorp81
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i GC

Speaker Distortion / Rumbling (outside car)

Hello all.

I have a 2021 GC 228i without the HK speakers.

When I’m playing music (not loud) I hear this unpleasant distortion / rumble sound (only from the outside of the car with all the doors and windows closed). It sounds like it’s coming from the front of the undercarriage. There is no noticeable issues with the sound quality inside - but it’s just a little embarrassing cause it sounds like an old car with exterior panels vibrating / rumbling - lol.

Anyone else notice this?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 02:27 AM   #2
YogiPL
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F44 220i

Although I didn't check with all doors closed I noticed this when walking around the car with the drivers door open. Sounds perfectly fine when I'm sitting in the car - from the outside it's kind of distorted (like it's playing too much bass)

I don't really mind since I don't like listening to music on such a large volume that anyone would notice.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 12:38 PM   #3
Scorp81
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i GC

Ok, so it appears after looking into this further isn’t common on some models. I do find it a tad bit embarrassing cause one of my neighbours asked me if I had blown my sub - lol. I don’t listen to my music too loud, but it’s definitely evident most of the time. Oh well!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 05:26 AM   #4
Bluecar1!
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp81 View Post
Hello all.

I have a 2021 GC 228i without the HK speakers.

When I’m playing music (not loud) I hear this unpleasant distortion / rumble sound (only from the outside of the car with all the doors and windows closed). It sounds like it’s coming from the front of the undercarriage. There is no noticeable issues with the sound quality inside - but it’s just a little embarrassing cause it sounds like an old car with exterior panels vibrating / rumbling - lol.

Anyone else notice this?
yes i have the same problem,i put some insulation on the front floors boards and inside where the under seat bass speakers are and by the side spoilers and nothing has changed.still outside vibration. im still looking for a solution but till then oh yes i even closed the holes up where the speakers sound travel through the car but didnt help only made the sounds quieter
Appreciate 0