BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

03-14-2024, 07:38 PM   #1
K.R._82192
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xDrive

2021 228i tunes/parts

Hi all,

I am soon getting a 228i but I have not been able to find many options for aftermarket parts like exhaust and tubes. Is there anything out there, and could anyone provide a recommendation?

Thanks so much!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 11:51 PM   #2
Wilt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

There is a relative insufficiency of ANY accessories made for the 2 Series, especially compared to what has been available for the 3 Series. Part of the issue is idenfication of things from the 1 Series that will work in the 2 Series, and what has to be specific to the 2 Series and cannot come from 1 Series. It seems that looking at exploded drawings available on web sites, and play 'match the part number' in the same drawing for the 2 Series...but often such drawings are NOT available for the 2 Series years yet, so one cannot even see if the same part works for both Series. Then there is the added question, "If it works for 2 Series does it also work in 2 Series Gran Coupe?" Just observations based upon my own experience so far.
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2024, 06:47 PM   #3
slowf44
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i gc

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.R._82192 View Post
Hi all,

I am soon getting a 228i but I have not been able to find many options for aftermarket parts like exhaust and tubes. Is there anything out there, and could anyone provide a recommendation?

Thanks so much!
It’s slim pickings, I have found cat and catless downpipes, exhaust systems on German and Italian websites, and a few intakes. There is a good amount of body you can do such as spoiler, diffuser, front splitter, new grille. I am still on the quest of finding carbon fiber hood I hope to find it one day.
Appreciate 0