BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Sticky Tire for Daily Driving in 245/35/19 - re-11/nt05/ad08/ss

I know I know, 245?? I'm from the non-M side and need a stretched fitment for my wheels to work, so I want to try and get a mix of the looks and performance. I thought I would post over here, since there are probably way more users of these tires over here.

245/35/19 - Looking into re-11, nt05, ad08, ps2, super sports.
9.5" wheel

REQUIREMENTS:
1) Straight Line Traction - I get 0 traction right now with my mods and would like a bit more stability on random WOT bursts on open backroads, don't need anything crazy for the track since I'll goto a dedicated set for that, just some stability when punching the gas every here and there.
2) Acceptable in Rain - Now I don't drive in the rain all the time, but every now and then I could be on the highway going 60mph when a downpour strikes, I'd like to be able to continue safely home - not asking for rain performance, just regular driving rain safety.

I've found some good prices on all these and don't drive too much so treadwear and price aren't a huge concern.

I was leaning towards re-11's over the ad08 for dailys, but somebody I spoke to said the nt05's aren't far off and are decent in the rain and that the PSS are just great all round, but a little expensive.

Re-11's seem to stand out, since they have similar performance to ad08's, but are apparently much more comfortable on a daily and are pretty stable in the rain.

Nt05's I can get for basically nothing, so cheap tires are also always fun.

Thanks for you input guys!
Appreciate 0