E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Another vendor appears "close" on iPod integration

01-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
cobradac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 645Ci Coupe

Garage List
2005 645Ci  [0.00]
Another vendor appears "close" on iPod integration

I spoke to NAV-TV today. http://www.nav-tv.com/index02.htm after seeing a post over on E60.net on iPod integration. NAV-TV phone 866.477.3336

The individual I spoke to at NAV-TV indicated that the following information that “stream” posted was accurate to the best of his knowledge on their current progress.

I quote “stream” here:

”They said the E60 iPod integration product should be available mid-March. They have a 7 series prototype working, and are working on a E60/E90 solution, which they expect to complete by the time they receive production boards for the 7er in mid-March, which will also be used in the E60/E90 product.

The product will be integrated in iDrive via MOST, as a sub-menu in either the CD changer or satellite radio menu (depending on which option your car has). In the CD changer example, it will appear in iDrive as a 7th item in the CD changer sub-menu (after CD1, CD2, etc.), and the UI will mimic the iPod interface.”

Pricing not finalized yet, but they said perhaps $600 ballpark.”

Personally I think the pricing is high and may reflect their view that we are so hungry for this capability that we will pay dearly in the E60/E63/E90 community to get this.

I hope there is a rash of vendors that announce close to the same time so we can get price and feature competition. Again, Denison continues to work their solution as does Siemens VDO (OEM supplier to BMW). I'm keeping my fingers crossed (as I have for nearly a year).
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #2
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Thanks for the info. Keep it coming!