BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

04-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
MGDisco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Temperature Adjustment (digital control of blue/red thumbwheel)

Hi,

With iDrive 7, the former control that let you adjust the cold/hot distribution of the temperature from the air vents (thumbwheel used to be on the dash) is supposed to be in the climate control menu, for both the driver and passenger independently.

It is listed in the on board manual:
Name:  IMG_4618.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  366.8 KB

But when accessing it, there is no corresponding adjustment (other than the actual temperature already selected):
Name:  IMG_4624.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  387.3 KB

It seems to be missing from my vehicle!

This is what shows up in the same access page on our X5:
Name:  IMG_4634.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  299.0 KB

Is this an issue affecting others too? If you do have it, can you also include the software revision you are on in case it has been removed in the versio I'm currently on (11/2019.50), thanks?

Trying to establish if this is NOT available on the F40 series, or just my vehicle / software version.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #2
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Some of the features must have been cut down. Mines similar to your m135i. I was playing around with bimmercode not sure if you can enable this feature in the ventilation settings..
Appreciate 1
MGDisco36.00
      04-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #3
MGDisco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Thanks for your reply! I'd posted on babybmw.net too and it's been mentioned that it could be to do with the platform not supporting it (Mini based).

If that is the case, then it shouldn't be shown in the on board manual (and also the printed manual?) if it is a function that is not actually able to be accessed due to lack of hardware on the platform.

Perhaps it is available somewhere in the world, just not UK and Australia? Or if someone has Bimmercode and can check, that would be great to know if it can be enabled. I haven't done any coding myself, so don't have access to check.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDisco View Post
Thanks for your reply! I'd posted on babybmw.net too and it's been mentioned that it could be to do with the platform not supporting it (Mini based).

If that is the case, then it shouldn't be shown in the on board manual (and also the printed manual?) if it is a function that is not actually able to be accessed due to lack of hardware on the platform.

Perhaps it is available somewhere in the world, just not UK and Australia? Or if someone has Bimmercode and can check, that would be great to know if it can be enabled. I haven't done any coding myself, so don't have access to check.
Wife has an X2 (same platform also) and it's not on there either despite the older style air con and ID6.

I guess some features have got to be worth another £40k for the 8 series guys. I'm amazed how identical the steering wheel, ID7 and main controls are to cars costing 2x and 3x as much.

Good for F40 owners.
      04-22-2020, 07:38 PM   #5
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDisco View Post

Well usually they have hidden features; more or less features that are standard on all cars with idrive 7. This won't necessarily show up as a feature you can select if BMW want to offer a cut down version of the idrive 7 to the 1series platform
Appreciate 0