BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

05-06-2023, 09:17 AM   #1
348SStb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche Mercedes McLaren etc

M235i: Why is Dynamic Damper Control Not Available with Performance Tires?

Both the online configurator and the dealer order guide require that the option for Dynamic Damper Control can be selected only if All-Season tires are selected.

Does anyone know why optional Performance Tires are incompatible with Dynamic Damper Control?

Would anyone like to opine on which option - Performance Tires or Dynamic Damper Control — would be worthwhile to select? All season tires reduce the top speed down to 130mph from 155. Even though I’m not often at those speeds I do not enjoy the idea of neutering a vehicle that carries an M badge.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 11:24 AM   #2
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Can't be sure, and I'm not going to check, but are you actually looking at the difference between 18- and 19-inch wheels? With the M135iX you can't have dynamic suspension with the larger wheels. Tyres may not be the real issue.
Appreciate 0