pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Did you start drinking already? LOL. What does this mean? Too lazy to make what effort? And drown out what? Everything wakes me up. My brain is going crazy with all this virus shit and I’m having disturbing dreams so I’m keeping my brain occupied with the TV noise so I don’t have bad dreams.
I have to have some sort of background noise in order to sleep. I have really bad tinnitus, and the background noise seems to break up the train whistle enough that my brain doesn't lock in on it.
      05-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #3918
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
code/write drunk, edit sober
code drunk, deploy drunk, admire sober.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 12:26 AM   #3919
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Don't do business with someone who has an Android.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 07:41 AM   #3920
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Like a robot or just someone anti cult enough not to have the dumbest phones on earth.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-20-2020, 08:07 AM   #3921
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Don't do business with someone who has an Android.
I learned long ago simply not to own an iPhone. It's always a pleasure, when sending video of equipment not operating properly to contractors and the OEM companies, that they should have to download quicktime video player on their work machine just to watch a video. Not that I'm trying to be the android versus iPhone guy, but come on. Explaining to people, from other countries, that they need to download additional software (which involves IT and a multitude of hoops to jump through) just to watch a video so they can do business with us is not a great way to start a work relationship. Yep, those iPhones are great if everyone on the planet was forced to have one.

If I ever decide that I'm 12, a female and need my phone to be "cute" with colorful text bubbles and sounds, rather than just work, I'll light the ground on fire making my way to the closest apple store. Until then, I'll leave the bloatware to the "influencers" of the world.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #3922
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I learned long ago simply not to own an iPhone. It's always a pleasure, when sending video of equipment not operating properly to contractors and the OEM companies, that they should have to download quicktime video player on their work machine just to watch a video. Not that I'm trying to be the android versus iPhone guy, but come on. Explaining to people, from other countries, that they need to download additional software (which involves IT and a multitude of hoops to jump through) just to watch a video so they can do business with us is not a great way to start a work relationship. Yep, those iPhones are great if everyone on the planet was forced to have one.

If I ever decide that I'm 12, a female and need my phone to be "cute" with colorful text bubbles and sounds, rather than just work, I'll light the ground on fire making my way to the closest apple store. Until then, I'll leave the bloatware to the "influencers" of the world.
Cute spiel, but an iPhone is just elite. You know this
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #3923
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

I am tired of rain. It's been raining non-stop here all week!
      05-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #3924
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Cute spiel, but an iPhone is just elite. You know this
It's only elite in the minds eye of the carrier. I worked for a phone company for years, my preference is based off my usage and experience with both platforms. iPhones are smart phones for dumb people, android isn't much better (you just don't have to pay for the bloatware already installed or sell your soul to use the damn thing), the windows mobile platform was great for people who are techies. Regardless of what anyone's perception of these devices are, at the end of the day it's nothing more than a personal spy and really expensive marketing device; we are the idiots for paying for them. I've never worn an ankle monitor, but I sure as shit wouldn't want one because everyone else has one, then argue over whose is better, or pay for it.....but we dumb asses do, because it's a phone.
Appreciate 2
wcr3d460.50
Dpc2u11503.00
      05-20-2020, 11:27 AM   #3925
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

Quote:
It's only elite in the minds eye of the carrier. I worked for a phone company for years, my preference is based off my usage and experience with both platforms. iPhones are smart phones for dumb people, android isn't much better (you just don't have to pay for the bloatware already installed or sell your soul to use the damn thing), the windows mobile platform was great for people who are techies. Regardless of what anyone's perception of these devices are, at the end of the day it's nothing more than a personal spy and really expensive marketing device; we are the idiots for paying for them. I've never worn an ankle monitor, but I sure as shit wouldn't want one because everyone else has one, then argue over whose is better, or pay for it.....but we dumb asses do, because it's a phone.
+1
Blackberry was the only phone I liked.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-20-2020, 11:58 AM   #3926
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same here, and not looking good for a few more days. Have a new roof going on the detached garage due to storm damage which was scheduled for yesterday, but now who knows. Fortunately only a couple of small manageable leaks.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #3927
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
Same here, and not looking good for a few more days. Have a new roof going on the detached garage due to storm damage which was scheduled for yesterday, but now who knows. Fortunately only a couple of small manageable leaks.
It could be worse, you could me in central MI.
King Rudi13152.00
Dpc2u11503.00
      05-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #3928
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
+1
Blackberry was the only phone I liked.
100% agree! The last 4 phones that I carried, when I worked for the big blue death star, were all Blackberries. They had their quirks but those things were bullet proof! I didn't start carrying an android until a few years after I left. I carried an iPhone for about a year, it was a work phone....I hated every second of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #3929
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yep liked BlackBerry also only when couldnt be fixed any longer.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 05-20-2020 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 02:17 PM   #3930
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

I think that was the last cell phone that was a PHONE first.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #3931
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You sure sound like an Android user.

Kidding aside, I agree with the spying thing. Considering phone is basically an extension of you - we are essentially walking robots if you think about it. Everything you do is through a device and influences your thinking, purchases, emotions, etc. differently than being physically present. We are in the age of data collection. Its all about data.

We are already seeing it with an influx of ADHD / ADD in young adults who grew up in affluent households immersed in tech. When I was kid ADD or ADHD was diagnosed as being a dip shit. IMO access to so much data at the tap of a finger is dangerous to the human race from a psychological standpoint.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #3932
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

I'm not an iphone fanboy by any means, but imessage is pretty invaluable for me since many of the buildings I frequent for work have wifi but zero cell service, and my company provides everyone with iphones. I do most of my actual work on a windows machine, but I have a Macbook I take to meetings. It helps that I can imessage those same people in my phone while I'm on the macbook in a meeting. No device is perfect, I just find Androids a bit more cumbersome to use.

All companies share data. The ones who claim they aren't, are lying.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-20-2020, 05:16 PM   #3933
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
i think i'd go back to a flip phone before considering getting back into android
was shocked how many years i spent tweaking my android phones when i could've just gotten an iphone
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 05:24 PM   #3934
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

They are good for girls and man bun types
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 05:33 PM   #3935
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
They are good for texting and getting pics from girls.
Fixed.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2020, 05:35 PM   #3936
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Your mom just drops off Polaroids
Appreciate 2
      05-20-2020, 09:30 PM   #3937
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

I like the Ratt geico commercial
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
UncleWede17872.50
      05-21-2020, 04:56 AM   #3938
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
You sure sound like an Android user.

Kidding aside, I agree with the spying thing. Considering phone is basically an extension of you - we are essentially walking robots if you think about it. Everything you do is through a device and influences your thinking, purchases, emotions, etc. differently than being physically present. We are in the age of data collection. Its all about data.

We are already seeing it with an influx of ADHD / ADD in young adults who grew up in affluent households immersed in tech. When I was kid ADD or ADHD was diagnosed as being a dip shit. IMO access to so much data at the tap of a finger is dangerous to the human race from a psychological standpoint.
I'm an Android guy....but only because in the past I could get a bigger screen although that issue is no longer a problem.

Even with Android....first thing I do is "root" them and load up a bare-bones OS so I have only what I need.

Makes it that much faster.

Never had an I-Phone although everyone here does. Just a habit I guess as I always like being able to customize it.

IMO....they went about it smart. They laid out their code for people to play with and make it better, and got millions of developers on the payroll for free.

Some of those guys on XDA are genius!