BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

09-14-2020, 10:58 AM   #463
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

[QUOTE=yco;26681023]SC turned its light off in last corner.. literally at the last corner entrance..
and after watching the onboard cameras seems like Russel made the back of the pack think race started.. cause he left quite a margin between him and the car in front on the straight and floored it then braked again.. looks like he s been caught napping a bit at a place that cars in front could pull away fast..

its at 21:25 on F1TV..

but more importantly i believe Russel can be blamed but Kvyat had a huge gap before the last corner as well.. i guess these 2 things wobbled the pack and crash happened..

and even if it looks like its Sainz's fault in the race since he crashed from behind actually he was pacing himself pretty ok.. cars in front was acting anormal..

*One things for sure it must have been blind mans bluff, certainly for Sainz but knowing it was a rolling start on the tricky bendy track some caution could have been employed and passing manoeuvres initiated later.
Note Grosjean's uttering that ''Bottas was trying to kill me''. It is serious mate for those words and it's not good enough Masi saying there is no problem with the current r/s system.
Thanks for telling its on F1 tv, thats right they don't show it 48 hours later in UK after the event.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #464
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

*One things for sure it must have been blind mans bluff, certainly for Sainz but knowing it was a rolling start on the tricky bendy track some caution could have been employed and passing manoeuvres initiated later.
Note Grosjean's uttering that ''Bottas was trying to kill me''. It is serious mate for those words and it's not good enough Masi saying there is no problem with the current r/s system.
Grosjean was doing some road rage during practices by almost banging wheels and squeezing other cars my friend.. you should see them.. one was to Perez couldnt remember the others.. but he was literally acting ragey and did it at least 2 times last weekend.. and i guess he is in FIA safety team or something as well.. its ironic in that case..

but yeah i agree restarts should safer.. but the problem is FIA made the call for taking in SC to the pits too late.. normally most of the restarts was ok because SC was turning the lights off somewhere at the middle of the lap and engineers could find time to inform drivers and they get in a tighter pack.. but as i ve said SC turned the lights off at the final corner.. ouch..

Lewis almost all the time floors it right before the last corner but Bottas' will to eat the straight a bit during restart + last second SC calling in + gaps in the pack f'ed the whole thing it seems.. i dont know but i guess it ll be better if they put a rule like leader has to pick up the pace before the last corner or something.. cause Bottas' call was late as well since he could be overtaken under the rules right after the start finish line anyway..
      09-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #465
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Grosjean was doing some road rage during practices by almost banging wheels and squeezing other cars my friend.. you should see them.. one was to Perez couldnt remember the others.. but he was literally acting ragey and did it at least 2 times last weekend.. and i guess he is in FIA safety team or something as well.. its ironic in that case..

but yeah i agree restarts should safer.. but the problem is FIA made the call for taking in SC to the pits too late.. normally most of the restarts was ok because SC was turning the lights off somewhere at the middle of the lap and engineers could find time to inform drivers and they get in a tighter pack.. but as i ve said SC turned the lights off at the final corner.. ouch..

Lewis almost all the time floors it right before the last corner but Bottas' will to eat the straight a bit during restart + last second SC calling in + gaps in the pack f'ed the whole thing it seems.. i dont know but i guess it ll be better if they put a rule like leader has to pick up the pace before the last corner or something.. cause Bottas' call was late as well since he could be overtaken under the rules right after the start finish line anyway..
Yeah Grosjean is a bit of a loose cannon at close quarters and he wants to frighten others with elbows out to put them off to take him but all in all he wouldn't ram anyone on purpose with penalties/fines present.
All in all it was a fate filled mix of incidents and should have been read by organisers of the potential of such a thing happening.
That is a TIGHT track like Brands Hatch only longer and FIA stopped GP's at BH after '86.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      09-14-2020, 11:58 AM   #466
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

im sorry i totally agree with Wolff not because he is leading Merc'..
at Monza it was nice to see some difference and Gasly won the race but its a rare thing and its good because of that.. he got in a group of a bit more than 100 drivers or less cant remember the exact number that won a grand prix in the entire history of F1.. but the same Gasly and Alpha Tauri couldnt even pass Q3 in Mugello.. best team and driver, best package should win in short not by being at the right place at the right time..

adding balast, last years cons. winner team can share some information about their car etc.. they re all fine but reverse grid no.. only the best on the track should win a race.. i wont enjoy Hamilton overtaking Russel so whats the point anyway..

09-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #467
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #468
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
This is how I see it too,Max is OVER QUALIFIED for driving that and it's RB\Honda that are the students learning. So far it would be 'six of the best' cane whacks on RB/Honda backsides for the let down of last two races
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #469
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yeah Grosjean is a bit of a loose cannon at close quarters and he wants to frighten others with elbows out to put them off to take him but all in all he wouldn't ram anyone on purpose with penalties/fines present.
All in all it was a fate filled mix of incidents and should have been read by organisers of the potential of such a thing happening.
That is a TIGHT track like Brands Hatch only longer and FIA stopped GP's at BH after '86.
Quote:
im sorry i totally agree with Wolff not because he is leading Merc'..
at Monza it was nice to see some difference and Gasly won the race but its a rare thing and its good because of that.. he got in a group of a bit more than 100 drivers or less cant remember the exact number that won a grand prix in the entire history of F1.. but the same Gasly and Alpha Tauri couldnt even pass Q3 in Mugello.. best team and driver, best package should win in short not by being at the right place at the right time..

adding balast, last years cons. winner team can share some information about their car etc.. they re all fine but reverse grid no.. only the best on the track should win a race.. i wont enjoy Hamilton overtaking Russel so whats the point anyway..
Don't need this anymore ! => https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...eb2x&context=3

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-14-2020, 12:31 PM   #470
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I hope the Honda guy with glasses heard Max then and acts.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 12:45 PM   #471
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
This is how I see it too,Max is OVER QUALIFIED for driving that and it's RB\Honda that are the students learning. So far it would be 'six of the best' cane whacks on RB/Honda backsides for the let down of last two races
Well my friend , actually you nailed it !
3 weeks ago MAX explored in secret the Mugello track in a fast GT-car and ran 4 hours on the track to collect the necessary data ..
One week later had already worked out a lot of data regarding the RB16 setup as for the Mugello track !

Yesterday he was fast ! Really fast . In T1 he was already past BOT and on the outside along of HAM .
That's why we could see , he was very frustrated with his HONDA PU failure .
Our man is always ready to show the best of him . But HONDA has to wake up ASAP !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #472
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I hope the Honda guy with glasses heard Max then and acts.
Think we heard MAX his comment at that moment over the board radio ..
As we know the choise of his words was not really beautiful !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-14-2020, 12:54 PM   #473
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Think we heard MAX his comment at that moment over the board radio ..
As we know the choise of his words was not really beautiful !
..and understandably so.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #474
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
..and understandably so.
The FIA started an investigation regarding the text on HAM's black shirt from yesterday

"MIB"

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-14-2020, 03:20 PM   #475
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The FIA started an investigation regarding the text on HAM's black shirt from yesterday

"MIB"
They're after the 'fugitive'
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #476
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
They're after the 'fugitive'
Yeah . He always looks like one...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-15-2020, 12:06 AM   #477
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

09-15-2020, 03:57 AM   #478
M5Rick
General
Rep

I don't think there is one single thing that contributed to the pile up there but it didn't help that BOT delayed and was weaving at the front. The best drivers in the world ought to be aware that ''stuff happens'' and quickly so really their actions are dependant on their thinking, feet and hands on the controls.Easiest thing to have a collision..I would say the best thing that came out of it was the slow Ferrari's keeping back out of trouble and at least scoring a few points without dnf's on this important day for them.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      09-15-2020, 04:33 AM   #479
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I don't think there is one single thing that contributed to the pile up there but it didn't help that BOT delayed and was weaving at the front. The best drivers in the world ought to be aware that ''stuff happens'' and quickly so really their actions are dependant on their thinking, feet and hands on the controls.Easiest thing to have a collision..I would say the best thing that came out of it was the slow Ferrari's keeping back out of trouble and at least scoring a few points without dnf's on this important day for them.
According the latest from HONDA :
MAX's PU has not 1 issue , they confirmed "2 issues" !
I'm curious to know what it can be...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-15-2020, 04:36 AM   #480
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Mate . You nailed it !
Tanabe has said that Max's engine is back or going back to the factory to pinpoint what caused the problem that slowed him at a critical moment at the start.
The engine was still working with the wheels turning in the gravel in anti stall.
Max maintains it was similar with what caused the dnf at Monza with overheating contributing to electrical problem.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2020, 04:43 AM   #481
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Tanabe has said that Max's engine is back or going back to the factory to pinpoint what caused the problem that slowed him at a critical moment at the start.
The engine was still working with the wheels turning in the gravel in anti stall.
Max maintains it was similar with what caused the dnf at Monza with overheating contributing to electrical problem.
actually if engine doesnt work at its 100% there is not much difference in F1 that your engine is running or not.. Max lost power at the start and fell behind so fast yeah car was still accelerating but since pace is so high.. you just lose it.. unlucky for Max..

09-15-2020, 05:19 AM   #482
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
actually if engine doesnt work at its 100% there is not much difference in F1 that your engine is running or not.. Max lost power at the start and fell behind so fast yeah car was still accelerating but since pace is so high.. you just lose it.. unlucky for Max..
Mate . Honda got already time enough to figure out what the issues of MAX's PU could be ..
Don't forget MAX had also a DNF in Monza by PU failure !
That are 2 DNF in a row in 2 race weekends by PU failures !

Last year he had 3-4 times anti-stall issues.
This while every point matters in the WDC !
Last weekend one of the issues was the overheating of the PU , that sounds like a big issue to me . As we know this can damage the PU completely !
HONDA is running behind the facts, regarding the PU issues...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-15-2020, 05:38 AM   #483
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

i'm no so sure that was the case with Seb wanting retirement just a cry of desperation at the right moment I doubt Seb is 'suffering' that much, he's made of sterner stuff. His interest in that 2004 SF racer was funny saying it was too expensive...right Seb, make an offer!
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2020, 05:46 AM   #484
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50