BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

09-11-2020, 07:16 PM   #89
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez255 View Post
what is this ?
I think this is one touch close of the window while the door is open. This feature is not enabled from factory
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 04:08 AM   #90
dominguez255
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Serie 1 F40

Quote:
Originally Posted by knali8 View Post
I think this is one touch close of the window while the door is open. This feature is not enabled from factory
I activated that the windows continue closing when the door is open but not the windows close when i will push the button in the key. how is coding ?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #91
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez255 View Post
I activated that the windows continue closing when the door is open but not the windows close when i will push the button in the key. how is coding ?
I haven't seen this coding for our F40 but I remember seeing it on my old F30 while coding.

You might have to message bimmercode support.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 02:52 AM   #92
Lambster
Car go brum
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i (F40)

I coded in Sports Plus but I'm not convinced it has done anything other than allow me to select a mode on iDrive. The throttle response in Sports Plus is the same as it is in Comfort mode.

Can anyone confirm all of the options required for Sports Plus? And what does Comfort Plus even do?

Edit: Pretty sure it's coded correctly. I'm convinced the effects that people are seeing with Sports Plus are a placebo. Couple of reasons:

1. Absolutely no difference from what I can tell. Sports Plus mode is same as Comfort for me which is the default mode. That tells me that the car doesn't have the Sports Plus mode and so defaults to Comfort.
2. Xtraboost is also able to be programmed but that's a setting for the 330e and does nothing for the F40. Sports Plus is a mode in the M340i.

We all know they share the same iDrive so I believe it's down to this that allows us to add these settings but it doesn't actually do anything.
Happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited by Lambster; 09-13-2020 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 05:59 AM   #93
teojoker
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F40 M135I XDRIVE

pop and bang?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #94
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by teojoker View Post
pop and bang?
Pop and bang is an engine tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:40 AM   #95
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambster View Post
I coded in Sports Plus but I'm not convinced it has done anything other than allow me to select a mode on iDrive. The throttle response in Sports Plus is the same as it is in Comfort mode.

Can anyone confirm all of the options required for Sports Plus? And what does Comfort Plus even do?

Edit: Pretty sure it's coded correctly. I'm convinced the effects that people are seeing with Sports Plus are a placebo. Couple of reasons:

1. Absolutely no difference from what I can tell. Sports Plus mode is same as Comfort for me which is the default mode. That tells me that the car doesn't have the Sports Plus mode and so defaults to Comfort.
2. Xtraboost is also able to be programmed but that's a setting for the 330e and does nothing for the F40. Sports Plus is a mode in the M340i.

We all know they share the same iDrive so I believe it's down to this that allows us to add these settings but it doesn't actually do anything.
Happy to be proven wrong.
Late reply I haven't been on here for a while. I think you're right about sports plus mode. It does feel quite soft and the gear changes do feel like comfort mode smooth and change quickly ie to stop the engine from reving too much. At first I thought the shifts were quicker with the gear box in sports plus. So not sure that sports plus mode works correctly

Comfort plus however is my favourite as I get more burbles when I let off the gas than when I'm in sport mode. The gearbox has to be in manual shifting for the burbles to work
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #96
mm0wax
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M4.0i

Garage List
2019 bmw  [0.00]
How do you code comfort plus?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #97
mm0wax
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M4.0i

Garage List
2019 bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm0wax View Post
Can anyone help with this?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 10:15 AM   #98
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia335i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone have any success in coding the sport plus or comfort plus 🤷. I understand it can be done in expert mode but I am curious if it actually works . I saw in the g20 forums it definitely works and many users swear by it but I have not seen on any f44 that have actually been done and completed it successfully
I don't understand why you want comfort plus or sport plus when neither do a damn thing to the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #99
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone have any success in coding the sport plus or comfort plus 🤷. I understand it can be done in expert mode but I am curious if it actually works . I saw in the g20 forums it definitely works and many users swear by it but I have not seen on any f44 that have actually been done and completed it successfully
I don't understand why you want comfort plus or sport plus when neither do a damn thing to the car.
Exactly b, if neither work then I absolutely do not want to code it in . Some have said that they were able to code it in and it worked so I'm just checking with those who have coded it if their results are in fact working and not just a placebo .
It is most definitely a placebo. Most bmw with comfort plus have air ride. Also sport plus would be a placebo also. If the car doesn't come with it stock it will do nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 04:10 PM   #100
MM2
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Garage List
2024 M2  [0.00]
I’ll dig up my settings, but I totally disagree. My car is louder and punchier in plus. You may have just enabled the menu but there’s another step to actually activate the plus function
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #101
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth695 View Post
I'll dig up my settings, but I totally disagree. My car is louder and punchier in plus. You may have just enabled the menu but there's another step to actually activate the plus function
Again a placebo effect. Car would not get any louder then it would in sport. There's no other valving in the exhaust. Punchier makes zero sense. Sport does the same thing when going from comfort to sport as it loads up the converter. Coding a vehicle BCM will do absolutely NOTHING to how the dme tunes the car. All coding sport plus does is adds a 2nd sport mode lol but if having + makes you sleep better at night by all means waste your time.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 10:24 AM   #102
JoseSportM
JoseSportM
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Guys sport plus was not developed to give more exhaust sound.

Mine X5 has sport plus and I notice the difference.

Sport+ in auto mode keeps your revs and gear at a position for max power output for your current speed and throttle position.

You can also configure sport+ to have either the drive train or chassis or both tightened.
Which means the electric steering and suspension can be stiffer.

Manual mode keeps your rpm at the optimal level for the current gear you're in.

Sport+ also provides the most sensitive throttle response causing the revs go up faster than any other mode with the same pressure on the gas pedal.

For instance in eco mode you can press the gas pedal half way down and revs will go up slow and the gears will shift at a low rpm to save the most amount of gas.

In sport+ when you press the gas half way down, the rpm goes up a lot faster and gears shift at the optimal rpm for the next gear.

Also, if you're cruising in sport+ mode at a low rpm in 7th gear for example, then you floor the gas holding it there, pressing down shift once will automatically down shift to the optimal gear and rpm for Max output. So you don't have to search for the right gear for Max rpm at your current speed.
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy372.50
      04-04-2021, 03:36 AM   #103
MM2
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Garage List
2024 M2  [0.00]
Upon spending more time in the car, I agree that sports plus does nothing. I go whilst driving from plus to standard and the car instantly goes harder and the exhaust burbles and pops on the downshift
None of this happens in sports plus.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:00 AM   #104
Akzg
Rep
Drives: Bmw M135i

Has anyone managed to code their F40 using esys? I tried this weekend and it connected and read the ECU correctly but the folder names were not present the names were trimmed. Been told you use esysx. Just trying to see others views before I purchase it?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 10:11 AM   #105
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akzg View Post
Has anyone managed to code their F40 using esys? I tried this weekend and it connected and read the ECU correctly but the folder names were not present the names were trimmed. Been told you use esysx. Just trying to see others views before I purchase it?

Cheers
You have to use EsysX with the latest software versions.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 03:36 PM   #106
Akzg
Rep

Thanks. Do you know if it's possible to code 'sporty' into the ASD menu. I've seen it done via bimmercode app so I assume it can be done on esys but not sure the coding location. Also VIM?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 04:00 PM   #107
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Do you know if it's possible to code 'sporty' into the ASD menu. I've seen it done via bimmercode app so I assume it can be done on esys but not sure the coding location. Also VIM?
Not tried it on the 118i, but coded it on my M340i. The main reason being I wanted to be able to open the exhaust valve in comfort mode.

HU_MGU
- CAFD_00003E52
- DISPLAY_MENU_CONFIGURATION_ENGINE_SOUND - Ausgelesen = enabled (was disabled)
- DISPLAY_CONFIGURABILITY_ENGINE_SOUND - Ausgelesen = aktiv (was nicht_aktiv)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 04:55 PM   #108
Akzg
Rep

Thanks so much for that bud! Will try it this week. Yes I think ur M340i will be similar ECU to my M135i (coding wise).

What else have you managed to go to urs? Have you tried VIM?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #109
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks so much for that bud! Will try it this week. Yes I think ur M340i will be similar ECU to my M135i (coding wise).

What else have you managed to go to urs? Have you tried VIM?
Not done VIM, not something I’d use. Active coding at the moment is:

- ComfortPlus
- Engine Sound Menu
- Lane Change Assist
- Traffic Light Assist
- MY21 DKOMBI menu update to fix HUD tach issue
- DAP slow down when using indicators and navigation not set
- Opening doors will not interrupt window roll up operation
- Remember auto start stop setting
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 02:33 AM   #110
Akzg
Rep

What does comfort plus offer? Do I need extra equipment for lane change and traffic light assist? Currently I have lane warning departure (vibrates and pulls u back in lane) and speed sign recognition..

Sorry for more questions! Really appreciate ur help!
Appreciate 0