BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

02-03-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
Edo135
Rep
Drives: 2021 m135i xdrive f40

Intelligent Safety doesn't remember last individual setting. Can it be coded?

Hi everyone,

I've taken delivery of my new m135i f40 (dec 20 build) last saturday and i'm finding myself very good in it for now. It's a very good all round hot hatch and i'll do soon my presentation.
Now the reason why i'm writing this thread: bmw has deleted the memory function for the individual setting of intelligent safety (from what i've understood due to the update of the EuroNcap rules) and, since the car come with lane change warning + steering intervention as standard (i didn't opt for the driving assistant package), i've have to go in the menu and disable it at every startup, because for normal daily driving i don't like to have it on whilst i like to have the front collision warning + brake function on. So, is there a way to code it and re-activate the memory function? I've already done some coding with Bimmercode (sporty setting for engine sound, m display logo, start/stop..) but this can't be done with that.

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
Sans_S1
Rep
Drives: Bmw F40

Hello,

Yes, bmw has removed the memory function for individual smart safety settings when updating the EuroNcap rules from June 2020.

Bimmercode already told us that it cannot be removed with their app and they will not update it as it is an active car security system.

We will have to wait for them to investigate with EsysX and find the module to activate the memory function for individual intelligent security settings.

Many of us are in the same situation waiting to be able to disable it because it is very annoying
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #3
Edo135
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sans_S1 View Post
Hello,

Yes, bmw has removed the memory function for individual smart safety settings when updating the EuroNcap rules from June 2020.

Bimmercode already told us that it cannot be removed with their app and they will not update it as it is an active car security system.

We will have to wait for them to investigate with EsysX and find the module to activate the memory function for individual intelligent security settings.

Many of us are in the same situation waiting to be able to disable it because it is very annoying
Hello Sans,

Do you have by any chance news?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 11:34 AM   #4
Sans_S1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edo135 View Post
Hello Sans,

Do you have by any chance news?

Hi Edo135!

As news I can say that with bimmercode you cannot do it and it seems that you will never be able to.

With EsysX asking in other BMW models there is a path which is "BDC_BODY", "SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT" and changing it to "no aktiv" which could be a solution.

But in the F40 it is not tested nor is 100% known if that option is inside the BDC_Body module. Someone who has the Esyxs could pop it and tell us if this appears or works.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 02:49 AM   #5
Edo135
Rep

Hi Sans !

My car got an update (i don't know if it has been a remote one or a dealer one, because she went for service before Easter but the mechanics didn't told me anything so either they did the update but they didn't know that it would have restored the function or they forgot to tell me that) and now the memory function for the Intelligent Safety is back !

So just wanted to check if also other owners got the function back.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 05:40 AM   #6
Sans_S1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edo135 View Post
Hi Sans !

My car got an update (i don't know if it has been a remote one or a dealer one, because she went for service before Easter but the mechanics didn't told me anything so either they did the update but they didn't know that it would have restored the function or they forgot to tell me that) and now the memory function for the Intelligent Safety is back !

So just wanted to check if also other owners got the function back.
It will be updated by distributor, to be OTA they need your phone and your Connected Drive account I think.
But if you tell us that after an update every time you start the car the safety guard is activated, it is because there is the option by coding to activate or deactivate it.

Someone with EsysX who can see if the path "BDC_BODY", "SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT" exists in our F40 / F44 would be helpful.

What version of software do you have?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 11:08 AM   #7
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
It will be updated by distributor, to be OTA they need your phone and your Connected Drive account I think.
But if you tell us that after an update every time you start the car the safety guard is activated, it is because there is the option by coding to activate or deactivate it.

Someone with EsysX who can see if the path "BDC_BODY", "SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT" exists in our F40 / F44 would be helpful.

What version of software do you have?
I checked my wife’s F40 118i and it is set to nicht_aktiv, however i don’t think that’s the setting.

My wife’s car was built March 2020 and still remembers the last setting as does my G20 built in the same month. On my car, I set it to active as it was required for the Lane Change Assist, yet my car still remembers the safety settings (both cars are set so all safety assistants are enabled, but in Individual settings the steering intervention is unticked).
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #8
Sans_S1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
I checked my wife’s F40 118i and it is set to nicht_aktiv, however i don’t think that’s the setting.

My wife’s car was built March 2020 and still remembers the last setting as does my G20 built in the same month. On my car, I set it to active as it was required for the Lane Change Assist, yet my car still remembers the safety settings (both cars are set so all safety assistants are enabled, but in Individual settings the steering intervention is unticked).
Ok, Thanks srbs73 for investigating and telling us that by changing it to active it keeps saving its last state.

It is a fail.

As we discussed with other users of other BMW models, that could be a solution to do that coding but if you have checked it in the F40 and it remains the same as the factory, unfortunately that is not the correct way to coding the memory function for the individual setting of intelligent safety
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #9
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Ok, Thanks srbs73 for investigating and telling us that by changing it to active it keeps saving its last state.

It is a fail.

As we discussed with other users of other BMW models, that could be a solution to do that coding but if you have checked it in the F40 and it remains the same as the factory, unfortunately that is not the correct way to coding the memory function for the individual setting of intelligent safety
One of the gurus on here said you can generate the config from the vin and model details in EsysX. If you want to PM me your details, I will try and do a compare as to what has changed between MY20 and MY21.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 06:51 AM   #10
Sans_S1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
One of the gurus on here said you can generate the config from the vin and model details in EsysX. If you want to PM me your details, I will try and do a compare as to what has changed between MY20 and MY21.
Hello srbs73!

Well that would be great to compare the differences of the 2 versions.

But I don't have EsysX, my friend is the one who has the version and we live in different cities. Until I see him again I could not pass the information of my MY21 to compare.

If a fellow member of the forum has the EsysX and an F40 version MY21 (after June 2021) and can pass that information on to you, it would be great and faster than I can pass you on.

Finding out the coding of the Lane Assit would be great. It is a very sought after coding. In the G20 forum there are also interested in this coding to deactivate it.

Let's all hope to find the solution
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #11
Edo135
Rep

Hi all,

I've been again at my dealer and they told me they did an update of the system, the version now is dated 31.03.21, so yes, bmw, at least here, reprogrammed the system.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 09:49 AM   #12
Evansy
Registered
Rep
Drives: No yet

Hello. I have a research paper to do on intelligent vehicles. Do you know where I can find totally reliable information that could help me in my research? Some people have told me that I can contact essay services that will help me with my work. Do you think this is possible? I've found a service that allows me to custompapers, but I've never tried it and I'd like to know if any of you have had any particular experience with this service. My work is due in no more than four days. Please reply as soon as possible.

Last edited by Evansy; 05-29-2023 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 10:24 AM   #13
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansy View Post
Hello. I have a research paper to do on intelligent vehicles. Do you know where I can find totally reliable information that could help me in my research? Some people have told me that I can contact essay services that will help me with my work. Do you think this is possible? I've found a service that allows me to custompapers, but I've never tried it and I'd like to know if any of you have had any particular experience with this service. My work is due in no more than four days. Please reply as soon as possible.
Left it a bit late and now in a state of panic? Try doing some original research on the subject and don't expect others to complete your assignment for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 09:11 AM   #14
Evansy
Registered
Rep
Drives: No yet

I finally followed your advice and all went well. I'm sorry you were late in replying.
Appreciate 0