F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MPPK - How to know if its been installed?
Studio RSR

02-10-2018, 11:53 AM   #45
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
They are telling me that there are two different M Performance Exhausts. One that you can get as a Sound Option which is just an upgraded M Exhaust.

The other is a different M Exhaust that comes as part of the MPPK along with the Tune. I am not aware nor have they mentioned anything about an upgraded air intake. Does anyone have a picture of what this upgraded one looks like?

I may go back and ask the dealer to verify.
https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PERFORMAN...ORMANCE/TUNING

Only MPPSK exist, I even used the way back machine and couldn't find a difference. Maybe they are talking about the Sport Line Exhaust that can come with a carbon tip but it isn't the M exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #46
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

For Model year 2016 340's BMW offered the M performance exhaust first (MPE), it is/was an axle back system with no tune. Then BMW offered the MPPSK which is a Cat back exhuast and the software tune. These are two completely different systems and not interchangeable meaning if you had the MPE and wanted the MPPSK you had to remove the MPE. Hope this clears up any confusion.
      01-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #47
Wolfpack340i
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i M-Sport, Mazda RX8

Hmmm, I picked up a used 2016 340i. Thought it had the MPPSK, but looking at the build sheet it lists MPE. Car is really quick as is - might have to look into a tune soon as it seems like there's plenty of room to add some HP.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #48
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your mom crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack340i View Post
Hmmm, I picked up a used 2016 340i. Thought it had the MPPSK, but looking at the build sheet it lists MPE. Car is really quick as is - might have to look into a tune soon as it seems like there's plenty of room to add some HP.
Be aware that it's possible to have a dealership install this as after port option. I purchased my vehicle as a service loaner with about 4k miles on it and had the dealership install it at that time. If it's been installed, there should be a small metal rectangular tag affixed under the hood that states that the M Performance Power and Sound Kit is installed on the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 05:24 PM   #49
TanzM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack340i View Post
I think you can tell by looking at the exhaust... I'm pretty sure the MPE has the "M Performance" logo in black and the MPPSK has logo stamped in chrome.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 08:26 PM   #50
F36Donut
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Newb here, picked up a used 2020 440GC last week. It appears I already have the MPPSK but I am not getting the loud pops and bangs. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2023, 08:08 AM   #51
Runner340
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by F36Donut View Post
Newb here, picked up a used 2020 440GC last week. It appears I already have the MPPSK but I am not getting the loud pops and bangs. Any suggestions?
I had the MPPSK installed at the dealership and have no plans to modify the engine or exhaust system outside factory spec. I only get the pops and bangs in sport and sport + mode when downshifting. In comfort and eco mode you won't get those sounds.

Problem with a lot of the used F3x's out there is you don't know if the car was re-tuned with an aftermarket tune and returned to stock prior to trade in or resale unless you have it checked out at the dealership or by an indy BMW tuner shop. The temptation to extract more HP and TQ from the B58 is hard by many to resist.
Appreciate 1