E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > help: question on how to tap DV line for boost gauge

01-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

help: question on how to tap DV line for boost gauge

i want to run a simple boost gauge with just a vacum line and no electrical (non lit gauge for ocassional use only).

regarding taping the 2 DVS for a boost gauge vacum line:
let me see if i understand this correctly:
1/ there are 2 DVs, and each DV has a vacum line coming out of it.
these 2 DV vacum lines then go into a stock "T" and the result is ONE vacum line coming out (from this setup) is this correct?
2/ MOST IMPORTANTLY, it is this ONE vacum line that i start tapping into for the boost gauge correct?
3/ can u see the actual DVs from the engine bay? or do i need to be under the car?

your help is much appreciated!
Appreciate 0