GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

12-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #45
MDRVR1
Rep
Drives: BlueLowLoudFastBeautiful.

I see a few of you posted that you are getting them. How did you go about doing so? I thought they were all sold out? Am I wrong on that?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #46
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRVR1 View Post
I see a few of you posted that you are getting them. How did you go about doing so? I thought they were all sold out? Am I wrong on that?
They are all sold meaning there are more people on waitlists at each dealer than the amount of cars they are likely to receive.

None have been sold and no money has changed hands outside of deposits.

I have been on the list for several months and am #2 at a high volume dealer. They think they may get 2 cars but there are no guarantees.

Also, FWIW the hand-selection and accreditation of customers by BMW is false according to me CA. They have not had to provide a resume of potential customers to BMW AFAIK.
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #47
MDRVR1
Rep
Drives: BlueLowLoudFastBeautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
They are all sold meaning there are more people on waitlists at each dealer than the amount of cars they are likely to receive.

None have been sold and no money has changed hands outside of deposits.

I have been on the list for several months and am #2 at a high volume dealer. They think they may get 2 cars but there are no guarantees.

Also, FWIW the hand-selection and accreditation of customers by BMW is false according to me CA. They have not had to provide a resume of potential customers to BMW AFAIK.
PM'd you. Not sure if you got it. Had a question.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 07:50 AM   #48
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Lightbulb

I've been reading a lot of the M4 GTS threads, and it seems like half of the forum members think this is an awesome car and a good investment, and the other half thinks it's an overpriced M4. Personally, I'm trying to decide if this car will be a good investment with a good resale value after a few years.
      02-18-2016, 08:03 AM   #49
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
I've been reading a lot of the M4 GTS threads, and it seems like half of the forum members think this is an awesome car and a good investment, and the other half thinks it's an overpriced M4. Personally, I'm trying to decide if this car will be a good investment with a good resale value after a few years.
What do you consider a good investment? A car that you can use everyday and sell it in a few years for about what you bought it for? Or a car that is barely going to be used and could possibly be worth more a few years later?

If it's the latter, than I would recommend investing your money somewhere else. There are less risky investments that would make the same if not more return on your money.

If it's the first option, and you were looking to get an m4 either way, then it could end up paying off.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #50
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
What do you consider a good investment? A car that you can use everyday and sell it in a few years for about what you bought it for? Or a car that is barely going to be used and could possibly be worth more a few years later?

If it's the latter, than I would recommend investing your money somewhere else. There are less risky investments that would make the same if not more return on your money.

If it's the first option, and you were looking to get an m4 either way, then it could end up paying off.
I was planning on driving it every once in a while, certainly not as a daily driver. I'm not in the market for a base M4, but I have the opportunity to buy an M4 GTS. I'm hoping it will appreciate in 5-10 years. Probably not the best choice to use $134,000+ as an investment though.
      02-18-2016, 10:10 PM   #51
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

No way in heck could i ever have any high-performance car and not drive it - the value/life experience and visceral feeling a high-performance car gives to me is much more valuable than any financial considerations from a car (if you want to make money - spend it on something other than a car - or alternatively - buy two GTS's - one to be the garage queen that is just an "investment" - the other to drive and track the crap out of it...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 04:14 AM   #52
Ghosn
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I am buying one to use not to let it sit and hope it appreciates over time.I have a very hard time with people that buy cars and do not use them to enjoy!
Most people who do this generally have other fancy cars to enjoy on the road, no big deal ...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #53
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Not sure I could just "invest" in a GTS even if I could swing it. It would certainly divest any self control I may possess in not driving it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #54
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

there are way more better things for investment,
GTS is better to be looked at and driven.
      02-25-2016, 09:21 AM   #55
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

I'm just confused by BMWs mission because if the CSL>GTS then what will happen to prices of the GTS?

After all at this price, it should be thought of as an investment.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #56
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Better things to invest in than a car IMO. Cars are for driving and fun.
Very recently. If you have enough money, and the relationships with dealers there are few investments that can return the money of a well desired and limited production car.

Few Examples:
LaFerrari
GT3 RS
Speciale
F12 TDF
New Ford GT

The other day I read of a Laferrari selling for over 4m. Meanwhile the sticker is 1.5ish.

What investment would give that return in a year?
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #57
Bashful
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Some Germans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
I'm just confused by BMWs mission because if the CSL>GTS then what will happen to prices of the GTS?

After all at this price, it should be thought of as an investment.
hmmmmmmm.......where did you get CSL>GTS?

I dunno about that one....

History would show that the GTS and CSL do not occupy the same model space

I.E.

CSL was E46
GTS was E92 they were never produced together and may never be.

As well a quick search of CSLs for sale reveals they sell for 40,000-70,000.00 british pounds and while rare, there are many avail (the one website I went to had 8 for sale.)

GTS are extremely tough to find (the previously mentioned website had none).... I had to dig a bit deeper and found only one for sale with a "Enquire" for price. The last one I saw listed with a price was 125,000 british pounds. Significantly higher than CSL.

just sayin'
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #58
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Very recently. If you have enough money, and the relationships with dealers there are few investments that can return the money of a well desired and limited production car.

Few Examples:
LaFerrari
GT3 RS
Speciale
F12 TDF
New Ford GT

The other day I read of a Laferrari selling for over 4m. Meanwhile the sticker is 1.5ish.

What investment would give that return in a year?
If you can sell a GTS in the future for 3x its value Ill eat my shoe on youtube. Those other cars are exotics this is a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 11:39 AM   #59
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful View Post
hmmmmmmm.......where did you get CSL>GTS?
He's talking about this:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1167857

All highly speculative at this point. That being said, if by some miracle an F82 M4 CSL does materialize, it could indeed impact the value of the M4 GTS.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #60
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
IMO, this is the right question to ask.
The GTS (a car built for, evidently, no purpose) gets produced for a few months, then, poof, disappears. To be replaced by a CSL car (likely a series car) expected to be shown in concept this summer. When will they go from CSL concept to CSL production? My guess is they will try and protect the "exclusivity value" of the GTS for a while. So, I would think maybe next year. Or the following year, at the latest.
Pure guesswork on my part.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #61
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
The GTS (a car built for, evidently, no purpose) gets produced for a few months, then, poof, disappears. To be replaced by a CSL car (likely a series car) expected to be shown in concept this summer. When will they go from CSL concept to CSL production? My guess is they will try and protect the "exclusivity value" of the GTS for a while. So, I would think maybe next year. Or the following year, at the latest.
Based on everything from Scott, the CSL M4, which is indeed coming, will be completely different from the road going M4 or even GTS, showing off electric technology,

Id also suspect the body will be similar to the CSL, concept, with designs from the old ones also

Probably wider, built in aggressive wing, same with the front,

But thats just what I've taken away from everything he has said
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #62
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AUTOcouture View Post
Based on everything from Scott, the CSL M4, which is indeed coming, will be completely different from the road going M4 or even GTS, showing off electric technology,

Id also suspect the body will be similar to the CSL, concept, with designs from the old ones also

Interesting points so we need to figure out what BMW is trying to establish with their model lines.
Is a GTS to the M4 just like the GT3 is to the 911.
Perhaps the CSL to the M4 will be like the GT2 to the 911.

Point is the GT3 and GT2 both have their merits, and both have their "following" and designed purpose. I hope that's what BMW is trying to achieve will all these M4 models, however its the first time they are taking a crack at it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #63
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting points so we need to figure out what BMW is trying to establish with their model lines.
Is a GTS to the M4 just like the GT3 is to the 911.
Perhaps the CSL to the M4 will be like the GT2 to the 911.

Point is the GT3 and GT2 both have their merits, and both have their "following" and designed purpose. I hope that's what BMW is trying to achieve will all these M4 models, however its the first time they are taking a crack at it.
Well they have offered a csl to the e46 and a gts to the e92

So now it seems like both are being offered

If I had to compare like you did

M4 - Carrera
Gts- gt3
Csl- gt3rs

Kind of how I would look at it
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #64
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Id also suspect the body will be similar to the CSL, concept, with designs from the old ones also. Probably wider, built in aggressive wing, same with the front....
If you want to get an idea of the "M4" CSL bodywork then, IMO, take a look at the bodywork on the I8. The I8 has some very unusual, unique and, I think, advanced design body lines.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #65
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

I still don't think there will be a M4 csl and would be very surprised if they did do it. I can see them do a m2 csl.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 12:47 AM   #66
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Quote:
If you want to get an idea of the "M4" CSL bodywork then, IMO, take a look at the bodywork on the I8. The I8 has some very unusual, unique and, I think, advanced design body lines.
i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart View Post
I still don't think there will be a M4 csl and would be very surprised if they did do it. I can see them do a m2 csl.
its been announced already? its already being tested, Not sure why doubt BMW when they have indeed announced it
Appreciate 0