BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis | Handling

BPM
Closed Thread

07-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

PAGID High Performance Brake Pads -BEST PADS FOR TRACK!!!

Pagid pads are designed to produce the highest possible performance levels over a wide range of operating conditions.

Pagid is one of the best performing pads on the market!!!

BMW E9x M3 Application

Available in front and rear:

RS19 YELLOW (highly recommended for track use)

RS 19 Yellow
Best compound for endurance racing on the basis of the RS14. A slight reduction of the friction value improves the modulation (controllability). Nevertheless, the friction value is enough for cars without power-assisted brake system and ensures comfortable low effort on the brake pedal. Constant temperatures up to 600°C (1,100°F) are possible. The combination of friction value, fading stability and low wear rates on pads and discs (rotors) realised with this material is unmatched up to now. Due to its excellent release characteristics and controllability PAGID endurance materials are also often used for sprint races. A multiple winner of Daytona 24h, Le Mans 24h, Sebring 12h, Spa 24 h, Nürburgring 24h, often with no pad change and usually no disc (rotor) change. Application: All endurance racing cars from Group N (Speed-WC, Grand Am Cup), Group A up to GT and Sport-Prototypes (Grand Am DP).

PM/EMAIL/CALL 480 966 3040 ext 228 for any questions and pricing!

Last edited by vividracing; 07-22-2010 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3 edition AW

I thought these are race pads? Doesn't it hurt your rotor a lot when cold?(which is always the case on the street)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by col.faith View Post
I thought these are race pads? Doesn't it hurt your rotor a lot when cold?(which is always the case on the street)
correct. sorry for the typo on the subject line. It was suppose to say track only
this RS19 yellow is a race pad, recommended only for track use
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

I ran the RS 19's on my GT3 for a couple years. They seemed to be friendly to the rotors in all cases. I had no abnormal rotor wear at all, and I drove the GT3 around town a lot. However, that was a GT3. I don't know how the M3's rotor material compares.

The only issue with the RS19's are that they are LOUD when cold (and by cold, I mean basically anytime you are not at the track and getting them up to a good operating temp). Around town, your car will sound like a fricken bus or garbage truck when doing a normal stop. lol No lie! They are that loud.

However, on the track, they are epic.

I kept the RS19's on my car full-time. I could really car less if my car sounded like a bus coming to a stop around town. However, some people don't want this. I see people on here complaining about stock pad squeak once in a while, so I thought I would put it out there that these pads are fricken loud on the street!

To reduce street noise, you can do "harder stops", and that helps a lot. However, if you do a normal slow stop, people with think a bus just pulled up next to them.

I noticed a little decrease in performance when the pads were dead cold, but it was nothing that can't be managed. After a couple stops, they were fine, just loud.
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Did TrackRat get a ban because of his comment ?