BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-24-2022, 11:33 PM   #1
Reson7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

FG82 Factory Order Canada - Few Questions

Hello All,

I am new to Bimmerpost as I am switching over from having 3 Audi's to BMW. This is my first time getting a BMW and had a few questions about the factory order process for BMW, specifically in Canada. I am looking at the G82 Series '22 M4 Competition xDrive.

I have finally found a dealer in Ontario with allocation quite soon that works around my delivery timeframe of spring/summer of this year and have gotten a decent quote but have not yet negotiated any of the pricing and needed some tips/help with this. I have found quite a bit of info on this forum, but I am unsure of how most of it translates to the Canadian market and whether BMW FS and dealerships in Canada operate differently. I have quite a few questions but would really appreciate any help I can get on these.

1) Is the deposit on order negotiable at all, or is it possible to negotiate with the dealer to waive this? I am not looking at making a huge payment as a security deposit for a factory order as the current build schedule has it in production quite soon..

2) My quote has a lot of the "Other Dealer Options" in it such as Secure-Gard, Admin Fee, Detailing Fee, Floor Mats, etc and was wondering if dealerships have the ability to remove these fees on factory orders? The car would be going straight to PPF and Ceramic Coating once received, so I have no use for detailing or any of the other dealer options either.

3) This is probably the big one, but is there any way/negotiation available to bring down the interest rate that BMW has set? Currently, on lease it is 5.49% which is disgustingly high as I was able to secure a 1.98% on an Audi RS recently with a friend. This is probably the single biggest factor in getting the M4 to my budget monthly payment. Any tips on this?

4) Based on the quote I got, I am looking to drop the MSRP by 4-5% to get it within my budget, is this something that I have a reasonable chance of getting the dealer to go for in the current market?

5) This would be my daily driver and would definitely need the winter rim package, which is priced around $5100 CDN, I currently have this included in my quote, but does anyone have any insight into whether it would make more sense to leave this out of the cost and buy it outright next Winter or is negotiation possible to bring down the cost of the winter rim package? Ideally, I'd like to leave it in and not worry about it later.

6) And finally, my understanding is that with BMW, bi-weekly payments are not possible on a lease, only on a finance, is this correct, or is there any way for the dealer to set it as bi-weekly payment on a lease?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first time getting into the BMW world and really want to make this M4 Order happen.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:43 PM   #2
Spykexx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

While not Canadian I'd say:
1) that's on the dealer not BMW. They don't take deposits. It's a made up number the dealer requires. 0 for mine.
2) Dealer products/add-ons and mark ups. Fight this early on. Had a dealer do ceramic coating when it got in and they fought and fought because it was already on the car. Eventually got it for $200 instead of like $1700.
3)Not a lease guy, and Canadian market is probably different, but I'd guess you can always try!
4) Worth a shot but unlikely without something like military discount, which right now is only about 1.5-2~% depending on build price. With the demand, they have zero reason to mark down. Someone else will buy it for 5k over.
5) Seen others negotiate. I believe they can be had cheaper elsewhere though.
6)no idea. No idea even on financed.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 05:48 AM   #3
Dhillon63
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

I ordered my G80 xDrive beginning of December in Ontario.

1) Yes it will depend on the dealer though. My dealer was initially asking $2000 which I got down to $500. I did buy a car from them in September which may have been a factor in this because they were pretty hesitant at first.

2) I did not get charged a detailing fee (wasn't even mentioned, in my first car I told them not to wash it at all as it got ceramic coated a day later. If you ask them not to wash it ethicallly they should waive that fee.) I also did not get charged Secure-gard. I did have to pay for floor mats and wheel locks. Admin fee is pretty standard and won't be waived at all. In Canada expect 400-800 dollars depending on dealer. Id say about 500-600 is reasonable. They'll justify this as their own costs, paper work, blah blah. You could try and negotiate this down but from my experience they don't budge on this.

3) This is also an unfortunate one. There's no way to bring down the rate, you could get a 1% rate reduction if you own a BMW but that's about it. Even if you're credit is through the roof there's nothing that can be done. I'm assuming that rate on the Audi is a finance. Lease rates are always much higher.

4) Also from my experience....no chance. Consider yourself in a good spot if you get MSRP. It's just how it is with the current market climate. No harm in trying though. I got a $1000 off on my X5 M50i but nothing on the G80.

5) Don't buy winter wheels from BMW you're getting robbed. Find a reputable wheel and tire shop in your area and buy from them you'll save $2000-$2500 easily.

6) Not sure about this one but for what it's worth they didn't even discuss options with me on both vehicles I leased from them. I was okay with monthly so I didn't ask.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 06:53 AM   #4
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

1. Depends on your dealer and local laws.

2. Those are added for additional dealer profit. Most dealers would remove them after negotiation.

3. BMW doesn't negotiate rates with each and every customer.

4. Unless you have a very good relationship with the dealer, its a big NO. Getting a vehicle at MSRP in the current market is a decent deal.

5. You dont want to pay additional interest by adding it to your purchase price. You can always buy them before the next winter.

6. No idea on that.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 07:20 AM   #5
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3C mXdrive

In Canada and just placed an order 3 weeks ago.

1. $2000 is reasonable to lock an allocation if you haven't purchased any vehicle from that dealer.

2. Admin fee is standard, rubber floor mat and wheel lock is something you will eventually need. Buying from weathertech will cost pretty much the same. They are able to remove other fees.

3. Don't bother the rate, however dealer should be able to honor in market rate when taking delivery, assuming its lower than current one. Same thing applied to cash incentives.

4. Not possible to get 4%-5% off when buying G80, ask more on your trade in if you have

5. No, go for reputable shops.

6. This is correct, can only do bi-weekly on finance.

Tips: Confirm with the dealer if there is any option deletion on your build, its happening in Canadian Market. Several Forum members and my F8x group guy have laser headlight deletion on our build sheet.

Last edited by NumberNine; 01-25-2022 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 10:05 AM   #6
Reson7
Private
Rep

Thanks everyone for the information.

Regarding the lease rate, I do not plan on doing the credit application on order, dealer already confirmed they can do it on delivery, I'm assuming if there is a lower interest rate set between now and whenever the vehicle arrives, assuming April/May, I could get that interest rate set?

Also understood about the winter rims, will probably have those removed.

I have an appointment set now, so will go in and hopefully make it happen!

Will also ask about the option deletion, although I was given the build sheet as well and don't see any options deleted, but will confirm when I go in.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 10:16 AM   #7
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reson7 View Post
Thanks everyone for the information.

Regarding the lease rate, I do not plan on doing the credit application on order, dealer already confirmed they can do it on delivery, I'm assuming if there is a lower interest rate set between now and whenever the vehicle arrives, assuming April/May, I could get that interest rate set?

Also understood about the winter rims, will probably have those removed.

I have an appointment set now, so will go in and hopefully make it happen!

Will also ask about the option deletion, although I was given the build sheet as well and don't see any options deleted, but will confirm when I go in.
Yes you can go with the rate upon delivery,

I guess they give you the order sheet but not build sheet?

Build sheet has all options listed like 50 years anniversary badge which doesn't appear on order sheet, also there will be a production number.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 12:28 PM   #8
Reson7
Private
Rep

In that case you are right, it was the order sheet, I will get the build sheet when I go in and see if any options are deleted. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 07:44 PM   #9
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

[IMG][/IMG]

BMW CA's reply in regarding laser headlight deletion ZR0
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 05:17 PM   #10
Reson7
Private
Rep

Well I placed the order for a G82. Will be a March Build.

Got the build sheet as well that does currently have the 5AZ Laserlight option on it listed as included, dealer said they would reach out to me if any deleted options come up.

Did yours have it listed as 5AZ before it got switched to ZR0, or was it always ZR0?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 04:56 PM   #11
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reson7 View Post
Well I placed the order for a G82. Will be a March Build.

Got the build sheet as well that does currently have the 5AZ Laserlight option on it listed as included, dealer said they would reach out to me if any deleted options come up.

Did yours have it listed as 5AZ before it got switched to ZR0, or was it always ZR0?
Mine was deleted when order got accepted, Will pm you, thanks
Appreciate 0