BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

12-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
fiche335
Private
Rep
Drives: F40 135i

M Display coding

Just collected a new to me F40 135i. First impressions are pretty good but I really miss the HUD M Display rev counter from my previous F80 M3.
I have the Bimmercode app but can't see any options to add the M display to the HUD. Is it possible with this or any other coding app? It's been a few years since I looked into coding and it looks like things have moved on a bit.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 08:20 AM   #2
DEXTER216
Rep
Drives: bmw m135i f40

I've put the m3 display on my m135i with bimmercode

very beautiful
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #3
M5ZRH
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEXTER216 View Post
I've put the m3 display on my m135i with bimmercode

very beautiful
If you have coded to M3 style - when I do it there is no longer the redline in the Rev counter. Is there a way to add it correctly for this car ? And what option in BimmerCode did you select for the HUD ? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 11:17 AM   #4
DEXTER216
Rep
Drives: bmw m135i f40

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ZRH View Post
If you have coded to M3 style - when I do it there is no longer the redline in the Rev counter. Is there a way to add it correctly for this car ? And what option in BimmerCode did you select for the HUD ? Thank you
I don't remember if I've the red code now, tonight i will post a photo
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 12:46 AM   #5
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 M135i Misano Blue

I did this to mine and I lost the M135i logo in the upper center. When reverting back to the standard view the logo came back. Not a big deal I guess but I like the logo so I kept the original look. I just wish I could change the water temp to the oil temp.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 11:01 AM   #6
ReginaStarkey
Registered
Rep
Drives: sivic

The M135i logo in the upper middle was deleted when I applied this to my own. When switching back to the default view here <a href="https://showforapk.com/showbox-for-iphone/">showbox ios</a>, the logo reappeared. It's probably not a big deal, but since I like the logo, I kept it in its original form. All I want to do is switch the water temperature to the oil temperature.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 10:58 AM   #7
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaStarkey View Post
The M135i logo in the upper middle was deleted when I applied this to my own. When switching back to the default view here <a href="https://showforapk.com/showbox-for-iphone/">showbox ios</a>, the logo reappeared. It's probably not a big deal, but since I like the logo, I kept it in its original form. All I want to do is switch the water temperature to the oil temperature.
You can always add the M logo, that way it's not completely empty there. Regarding the oil temp, it still shows the water temperature, but with the oil temp icon, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 10:58 AM   #8
Rahurahu1
Rep
Drives: nano

Hi all,

So, I have "upgraded" my instrument cluster to the M specific one which I think is a huge plus except two things:

1 - the yellow and red tach warning sections on the tach are not specific to B58.
You can chose either an S58 or another engine to get yellow and red limiters appear but they wont match the B58 engine speeds (B58 has yellow at 6-6500, red at 6500-7000).
So I chose S58 specific lines (yellow at 7-7.5k, red 7.5-8k)
This, unfortunately, cannot be fixed at this point in time

2 - when you update the cluster to M specific one, your stock tach on HUD in sport mode goes away which is quite sad.
So, to fix this I reached out to some coders familiar with E sys.
Luckily, they were able to add M specific (which is larger) tach on HUD and added the menu in the settings where this can be activated. There is still no stock M340 rev counter, but who cares - I have the M verios of this.

krnt.run
indigocard.ltd

Last edited by Rahurahu1; 09-19-2022 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 01:39 PM   #9
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahurahu1 View Post
Hi all,

So, I have "upgraded" my instrument cluster to the M specific one which I think is a huge plus except two things:

1 - the yellow and red tach warning sections on the tach are not specific to B58.
You can chose either an S58 or another engine to get yellow and red limiters appear but they wont match the B58 engine speeds (B58 has yellow at 6-6500, red at 6500-7000).
So I chose S58 specific lines (yellow at 7-7.5k, red 7.5-8k)
This, unfortunately, cannot be fixed at this point in time

2 - when you update the cluster to M specific one, your stock tach on HUD in sport mode goes away which is quite sad.
So, to fix this I reached out to some coders familiar with E sys.
Luckily, they were able to add M specific (which is larger) tach on HUD and added the menu in the settings where this can be activated. There is still no stock M340 rev counter, but who cares - I have the M verios of this.
Great info!
These were the two main items that kept me from using the M Cluster. Do you mind sharing who helpt you with the coding and how, was it remotly? Also, do you have a pic of the cluster and how it looks now with the changes?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 03:32 AM   #10
KiraBrown
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW 2 Image Error

Hi Everyone
I have a problem, whenever I put a BMW logo on one of my site, Google removes it, as you can see it capcutmodapk, it's not inserted. If anyone has a solution for this please tell me what can i do.
Appreciate 0