BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

12-29-2021, 09:16 AM   #1
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2 Series Gran Coupe

M Package black grille

Hello all,

My first post on here but i've been looking for a while now and i've got got say there's some amazing GC's on here. I'm really envious. So much so that I've placed my order for a 218i M Sport GC due around March (fingers crossed).

I REALLY wanted Mineral Grey but see they've discontinued for some reason.

So, Order placed and all good but i've now seen a quite a few photos on here with the black grille. Mine is coming with a silver one and I want to to change it now.

I've rang the dealership and the guy dealing with me is fairly new and he thinks I can only get a black grille with the £1500 M Sport Pro pack and not separately. The parts dept is shut till Friday so he cant check.

I'm wondering if this is true or not or can I get the black grille separately does anyone know? I see they can be bought and retro fitted from garages but i'd like to pick it up with one fitted on the big day.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 03:43 PM   #2
HF44x
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcr2Series View Post
Hello all,

My first post on here but i've been looking for a while now and i've got got say there's some amazing GC's on here. I'm really envious. So much so that I've placed my order for a 218i M Sport GC due around March (fingers crossed).

I REALLY wanted Mineral Grey but see they've discontinued for some reason.

So, Order placed and all good but i've now seen a quite a few photos on here with the black grille. Mine is coming with a silver one and I want to to change it now.

I've rang the dealership and the guy dealing with me is fairly new and he thinks I can only get a black grille with the £1500 M Sport Pro pack and not separately. The parts dept is shut till Friday so he cant check.

I'm wondering if this is true or not or can I get the black grille separately does anyone know? I see they can be bought and retro fitted from garages but i'd like to pick it up with one fitted on the big day.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

You can't buy the black grille separately it is part of the M Sport Pro Pack unfortunately. I'll link a couple i've seen below online theres the normal double slat style one and the honeycomb style grille available for the F44.

This is the honeycomb one - https://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/genu...44-gran-coupe/

This is the normal gloss black one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRILLE-FI...-127635-2958-0
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 06:28 PM   #3
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks.
Not sure which I prefer as both look great and change the look completely but I think the honeycomb will be a pain to clean when full of dead bugs.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 02:34 PM   #4
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Black is beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 06:59 PM   #5
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep

Got a call from the dealer today.
It seems they can do the grille on its own.

Parts dept can supply & fit either of the 2 black grilles for £207.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 11:48 PM   #6
damo74
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 218i GC Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcr2Series View Post
Got a call from the dealer today.
It seems they can do the grille on its own.

Parts dept can supply & fit either of the 2 black grilles for £207.
I have the same car as you and I got the dealer to fit the gloss black grill to mine on delivery. Transforms the car!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 01:58 AM   #7
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep

Did they charge you?
Appreciate 0