BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

12-22-2021, 02:54 PM   #1
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Missing 12V socket in boot

The F40 M135i until recently had a 12V socket on the RHS of the boot. This is now missing from current cars - mine is an October 2021 build. Before I start pulling things apart, does anyone know if the wiring to the boot is still present in the harness, or do I have to relay a cable from the front?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 05:14 PM   #2
FooMer
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Is the 12V socket the only thing that's missing? Do you have the double/false floor, elastic band on the left side and net on the right?

M135i with an internal M Performance package (7ML) has the trunk accessories limited to bare minimum and the 12V socket is one of the things taken away.
Maybe your M135i was specced with 7ML?

Pictured above is the comparison between full trunk setup (top - without 7ML) and limited one (bottom - with 7ML).

There is also a third type of setup (it's basically 493 option without now missing 418):

I happen to have the picture of right hand side wiring of my car (LHD, made 11/2021, without 12V in the trunk):
View post on imgur.com

As far as I was able to tell - there is no plug&play option for 12V port nor for the extra light on LHS.

I did the trunk retrofit to have all the cool stuff, but skipped electrical part - didn't want to touch it in any way to avoid risking warranty issues.

Last edited by FooMer; 12-22-2021 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 03:29 AM   #3
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooMer View Post
Is the 12V socket the only thing that's missing? Do you have the double/false floor, elastic band on the left side and net on the right?

M135i with an internal M Performance package (7ML) has the trunk accessories limited to bare minimum and the 12V socket is one of the things taken away.

Pictured above is the comparison between full trunk setup (top - without 7ML) and limited one (bottom - with 7ML).

There is also a third type of setup (it's basically 493 option without now missing 418):

I happen to have the picture of right hand side wiring of my car (LHD, made 11/2021, without 12V in the trunk):

As far as I was able to tell - there is no plug&play option for 12V port nor for the extra light on LHS.

I did the trunk retrofit to have all the cool stuff, but skipped electrical part - didn't want to touch it in any way to avoid risking warranty issues.
Many thanks for your helpful reply.

Mine seems to be a bit different from all of those. Compared with your first picture, I'm missing the LHS elastic band, the floor tie-down loops, and the 12v socket. Also the steel faced loading lip (although I found a decent one on eBay). You mention a second LHS light - not for me!

My VIN decode shows 493 only, no mention of 7ML.

I was just hoping that the red/yellow switched 12v supply wire was still in the harness, even if not connected to the missing socket, but that was too much to expect. I'll be installing a 12v in the boot by tapping off the centre console 12v, and adding a 5v USB next to the 12v. While it's all in pieces I'll add some sort of LHS light, tapped off the existing RHS light.

For a rather expensive car, it's very annoying that they feel it necessary to save a few euros at the expense of customer satisfaction, but having recently sold a Golf R I'm no longer surprised by anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 05:04 AM   #4
iamColaboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Retro fit double bottom

Quote:

View post on imgur.com

Hello,

This was very helpfull.

I bought my M135i a few days ago. I didn't realise that with the performance pack I'm missing the 'bottom plate' in the trunk.

Is there any way to replace it?

Is there some part list somewhere to know the right code for this option?

Thanks in advance, I'm very new to this.

Greetings,

Ramon
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 05:39 AM   #5
FooMer
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Take a look at this thread: https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1971094
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 06:37 AM   #6
iamColaboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Quote:
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 03:59 PM   #7
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

My October Build 128ti was missing the following.
12v Socket in the boot
Little drawer under the steering wheel
Rear ambient lighting
No indicator in the tail gate section of the rear lights

Still looking to see if anything is missing
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 01:26 AM   #8
Erebor
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notleks24 View Post
My October Build 128ti was missing the following.
12v Socket in the boot
Little drawer under the steering wheel
Rear ambient lighting
No indicator in the tail gate section of the rear lights

Still looking to see if anything is missing
The rear ambient lighting and indicator cancellation have been two of multiple cost saving measures recently introduced in the 1 series.

It's a shame really, cause we pay the same and get less.

Incoming: 2023 F40 M135i xDrive in indiv. Tansanite Blue
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2023, 09:53 AM   #9
leelar77
Registered
Rep
Drives: F40 - M135i X-Drive

would you think fitting the rear cluster sections from a 2019- 2022 version of the vehcile allow the indicators to work all the way accross ? I have having a debate with the BMW garage about these missing items, they say they never had them
Appreciate 0