BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

04-15-2021, 06:17 PM   #23
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD979967 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC25 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo74 View Post
Quote:
It would appear that the black grills for the 2021 car are slightly different to those for the 2020 car, and they won't fit is what I have just been told.

Something to do with changes to the air intake.

Can't get black grills for the 2021 car, at present there is no ETA if you order them, so it could be months.
I think I'll just get my grill wrapped in gloss black
What this mans said 👆🏻

Cheaper and quicker option and if you get a good enough company on the wrap looks as good anyways

Plus once getting rid of car (if you intend to in future) can just reverse back as quick and cheap
Hadn't even considered this.

Anyone have any ideas of likely costs?
Well seeing as yer from Scotland in your bio same as myself, depending on where you are you should be able to get wraps on smaller parts for bare minimal. If I remember right mines was like £100 gloss black wrapping;

Grill
Front vent caps
Wing mirror caps
Spoiler

Then I took the mirror caps off and put MoTech Performance ones on so wasted a bit of money there getting the originals wrapped hahaha
Glasgow based, but do a fair bit of travelling around.

Any suggestions on where to go?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 01:27 PM   #24
CSD979967
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo74 View Post
Quote:
It would appear that the black grills for the 2021 car are slightly different to those for the 2020 car, and they won't fit is what I have just been told.

Can't get black grills for the 2021 car, at present there is no ETA if you order them, so it could be months.
I think I'll just get my grill wrapped in gloss black
What this mans said 👆🏻

Cheaper and quicker option and if you get a good enough company on the wrap looks as good anyways

Plus once getting rid of car (if you intend to in future) can just reverse back as quick and cheap
Hadn't even considered this.

Anyone have any ideas of likely costs?
Well seeing as yer from Scotland in your bio same as myself, depending on where you are you should be able to get wraps on smaller parts for bare minimal. If I remember right mines was like £100 gloss black wrapping;

Grill
Front vent caps
Wing mirror caps
Spoiler

Then I took the mirror caps off and put MoTech Performance ones on so wasted a bit of money there getting the originals wrapped hahaha
Glasgow based, but do a fair bit of travelling around.

Any suggestions on where to go?
Know the feeling of travelling around spend near 11 months of the year in England every year hahaha

Shore Wraps is the go to around my sort of area, just off the M8 in Hillington. I got mine done Premium Vehicle wraps Renfrew cause Shore were only doing full car wraps which I may take them up on one day we shall see.

Other ones I've heard of;

Ultimate Customs Ltd
AutoDynamic
Clyde Wraps
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 02:18 PM   #25
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition xDrive

Thanks for that. Will give a couple of them a call and see what they say
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 11:47 AM   #26
bmw740ii
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonCW View Post
I got almost 16% of list on factory order back in Aug'20 and collected in mid Dec'20.

Ticked all options expect Gesture Control which I don't think it worth £300. Panoramic roof is a must, I didn't have it previous car and missed it so much. So I made make sure it was the first option I ticked this time.

As for the Shadow line pack it can be added. My dealership ordered all the parts (Black Grill, Canards, mirrors and I had the rear Spoiler wrapped in gloss black.) and was fitted before I took delivery.

Still think if I should change the Exhausts tips for black as well for the pair £157 I was quoted.

The color is amazing. Do you use some kind of protection for the body? Maybe ceramics or something else?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 10:15 AM   #27
MadMaxy
Registered
Rep
Drives: F44

-15% in my country... Full option excluding EDC (19'' alloys) + those seat belts with M colors.

What is a difference between OEM kidney and this one? I got this extended night package and I have everything in gloss black?

Gloss Black Diamond Kidney Grill - £99.80
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 05:36 AM   #28
KasMan7
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F44 M235i GC

Quote:

Hi... Hope you can offer advice. My F44 M235i GC is arriving on Thursday. Its the 2022 model. I have just ordered an M performance Grill from AUTO ID as below and was wondering if the grill is actually compatible or not. Auto ID say it should fit but not 100% sure. Has anyone fitted a black grill to the 2022 model? Or does anyone know for sure that this grill wont fit?

Cheers

https://autoid.co/collections/all/pr...m235i-2020-f44
Appreciate 0