BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-18-2022, 10:57 AM   #1
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

San Diego trip planning - Rams Hill CC

Talk to me, people. I know some of you live down there and know the area well.

I signed up for a veterans tournament at Rams Hill not knowing what I'm getting myself into and hoo boy it looks sweet.

https://www.vgagolf.org/

https://www.ramshill.com/stay-and-play/

Quote:
  • Helicopter Service directly to the Rams Hill driving-range landing pad is available from the San Diego, Orange County and Palm Springs areas, and all-inclusive day-trip packages include round-trip flight, golf green fees and lunch.
  • Pickup from Borrego Springs Airport, located just 7 miles (15 minutes) away from Rams Hill provides for a hassle-free start to your escape.
So I'm currently debating on driving vs Southwest (golf bags fly free!) vs JetSuiteX...the main issue is that the closest major airport is still about a 2-2.5 hour drive from the resort. So that means extra travel hassle, rental car, gas, etc...whereas there's helicopter service that lands right at the driving range. I sent an email to see if that's included as part of the resort if you stay there or if it's extra or what. Heading down with a couple buddies so we'd likely split the helicopter flight + guest house, or at least the guest house if not all of us fly down (one's thinking about heading on to Vegas after for spring break).

It's my birthday that week, so part of me is tempted to just ball out, but part of me is like "you have bathrooms and a garage to remodel". So anyway...talk to me. What's the area like? Ever been to the resort? How's the golf course there? Ever taken the helicopter option or stayed at one of the guest houses there? Ever done a trip like this somewhere else?
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0