BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

12-13-2021, 08:42 AM   #1
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Genuine BMW 554m 18" Alloy wheels and Goodyear Tyres **FOR SALE**

Sold!

Last edited by UnicornM; 02-09-2022 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2022, 06:56 PM   #2
dangezza
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornM View Post
Hi Guys

I have for sale set of Genuine BMW 554m Alloy wheels finished in Orbit Grey and Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3 tyres (225/40/18). BMW Part #36110077824

They were removed off our BMW 1 Series F40 prior to handover (changed to 555m 19s) and have only delivery mileage on them (less than 10 miles) so brand new essentially. They are complete and ready to mounted with no marks. I have given them a wipe down with Carpro ech2o (waterless wash). Both F40 and F44 fitment correct. Tread depth is at least 7mm which is much better than the Bridgestone tyres some have had to endure the pleasure of receiving

Pictures are attached.

£1400 ono collection from MK43 or can ship for around £50 (UK only)

Any questions feel free to ping me a message
Are these wheels still available and do you have any pics of them on the car?
Just bought my m135i in misano blue. It currently has the standard 18s with all the grey/bronze trim so not sure how it would look. Ideally I'd change all the trim and mirrors to gloss black but would be worried it would affect resale value if I get bored (have owned a F Pace, Macan, X4M, and now the M135i in the last two years!)
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 03:27 AM   #3
FooMer
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangezza View Post
Just bought my m135i in misano blue. It currently has the standard 18s with all the grey/bronze trim so not sure how it would look.
These should give you some idea:

https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=316
https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=289
https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=310

Granted, this car has the additional, external M Performance package, so is a little bit different.

Quote:
Ideally I'd change all the trim and mirrors to gloss black but would be worried it would affect resale value if I get bored (have owned a F Pace, Macan, X4M, and now the M135i in the last two years!)
In my opinion - go for it. In my mind M135i with black additions looks much better, so the resell value should only increase. :P
But I'm heavilly biased since I own one just like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 06:24 AM   #4
dangezza
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooMer View Post
Quote:
Just bought my m135i in misano blue. It currently has the standard 18s with all the grey/bronze trim so not sure how it would look.
These should give you some idea:

https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;postcount=316
https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;postcount=289
https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;postcount=310

Granted, this car has the additional, external M Performance package, so is a little bit different.

Quote:
Ideally I'd change all the trim and mirrors to gloss black but would be worried it would affect resale value if I get bored (have owned a F Pace, Macan, X4M, and now the M135i in the last two years!)
In my opinion - go for it. In my mind M135i with black additions looks much better, so the resell value should only increase. :P
But I'm heavilly biased since I own one just like that.
Looks spectacular. Even with 18s! Misano blue really pops. The car was supposed to be a temporary 'downgrade' while we move house but my son loves it and wants to swap out the wife's Evoque instead.

I bought a used car from the local BMW dealership so not really clued up….Was a black pack a factory option or has it all been done aftermarket.

I've always kept my recent 'expensive' cars standard to preserve warranty, resale, and avoid insurance issues. I just prefer the gloss black accents and dark wheels for a more sporty and sinister look.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 07:14 AM   #5
FooMer
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Quote:
I bought a used car from the local BMW dealership so not really clued up….Was a black pack a factory option or has it all been done aftermarket.
BMW F40 by default have these cerium grey accents, just like yours do.

Then, depending on the market, there may be an extra factory option to change them to glossy black. Where I live it's called "Extended M Shadowline". That gives you that fancy black grill, black mirror caps and black exhaust tips. In my case it was also paired with 554M alloy wheels. As far as I can tell this build option is missing in the UK market, or at least it doesn't seem to be there for the moment on bmw.co.uk.

So generally speaking this M Shadowline option can be spec'ed when ordering the car, as well as done as an aftermarket modification.

Additionally, there's also external M Performance package, featuring some spoilers (with the rear one being the most pronounced) and other additions. These one can only be fitted in the dealership (there's no factory option for it).

Last edited by FooMer; 02-07-2022 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2022, 06:41 PM   #6
dangezza
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooMer View Post
Quote:
BMW F40 by default have these cerium grey accents, just like yours do.

Then, depending on the market, there may be an extra factory option to change them to glossy black. Where I live it's called "Extended M Shadowline". That gives you that fancy black grill, black mirror caps and black exhaust tips. In my case it was also paired with 554M alloy wheels. As far as I can tell this build option is missing in the UK market, or at least it doesn't seem to be there for the moment on bmw.co.uk.

So generally speaking this M Shadowline option can be spec'ed when ordering the car, as well as done as an aftermarket modification.

Additionally, there's also external M Performance package, featuring some spoilers (with the rear one being the most pronounced) and other additions. These one can only be fitted in the dealership (there's no factory option for it).
Thank you FooMer for the info. Got to say, this forum seems to be the most quiet I've been on for a long time but good to hear from knowledgeable folk such as yourself.

I still don't know if the OP still has these for sale. Out of the wheel choices I've seen, the 554 and 555 styles are the nicest in terms of my preference
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 08:41 AM   #7
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Sorry forgot to look in here, they are sold
Appreciate 1