BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

11-05-2021, 03:30 AM   #1
Mcnutty
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i M SPort

Screen replacement

Hi guys I’m new to this thread so I apologise for my lack of knowledge. I have just purchased a 2014 2 series M Sport which has the small 6.5 inch screen. It’s not the glossy one but the older version. I wanted to swap it out for a glossy one either 6.5 or in fact 8.8. I bought (wrongly) a glossy 6.5 thinking that it would be a straight swap only to be met with “No Signal”. Is this because the glossy screen is on a different resolution and has to be coded? I’m in the North East and whilst I can live with a smaller screen it would be great to upgrade. Even if it’s just to the glossy smaller screen. Any help appreciated in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 08:14 AM   #2
ryanr623
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 228I X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnutty View Post
Hi guys I’m new to this thread so I apologise for my lack of knowledge. I have just purchased a 2014 2 series M Sport which has the small 6.5 inch screen. It’s not the glossy one but the older version. I wanted to swap it out for a glossy one either 6.5 or in fact 8.8. I bought (wrongly) a glossy 6.5 thinking that it would be a straight swap only to be met with “No Signal”. Is this because the glossy screen is on a different resolution and has to be coded? I’m in the North East and whilst I can live with a smaller screen it would be great to upgrade. Even if it’s just to the glossy smaller screen. Any help appreciated in advance.
You'd probably get better responses in the F22/23 forum since this is the 2020+ forum.
Appreciate 0