BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

02-04-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition xDrive

New order for M235i

Have managed to secure 11% off list price.....Does this sound as good a deal as I'm likely to get?

Going with Storm Bay, Black Leather, Pro pack, comfort pack.

Still thinking about adding a sunroof, but at £1000 extra its not really necessary.

Gutted that the shadow line pack isn't available in the UK, as that would be a definite add as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
SimonCW
Private
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i XDrive Gran Coupe

I got almost 16% of list on factory order back in Aug'20 and collected in mid Dec'20.

Ticked all options expect Gesture Control which I don't think it worth £300. Panoramic roof is a must, I didn't have it previous car and missed it so much. So I made make sure it was the first option I ticked this time.

As for the Shadow line pack it can be added. My dealership ordered all the parts (Black Grill, Canards, mirrors and I had the rear Spoiler wrapped in gloss black.) and was fitted before I took delivery.

Still think if I should change the Exhausts tips for black as well for the pair £157 I was quoted.
Attached Images

Last edited by SimonCW; 02-04-2021 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
nathanm4682.00
      02-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #3
Stevie1250RS
Rep
Drives: 430i Coupe

Gloss shadow pack

Love your car, I have just ordered one in the same colour. If you don’t mind me asking was the gloss an additional cost option?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #4
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Congratulations on the car but to me the storm bay is getting really played out kinda like nardo gray rs3. They are everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #5
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonCW View Post
I got almost 16% of list on factory order back in Aug'20 and collected in mid Dec'20.

Ticked all options expect Gesture Control which I don't think it worth £300. Panoramic roof is a must, I didn't have it previous car and missed it so much. So I made make sure it was the first option I ticked this time.

As for the Shadow line pack it can be added. My dealership ordered all the parts (Black Grill, Canards, mirrors and I had the rear Spoiler wrapped in gloss black.) and was fitted before I took delivery.

Still think if I should change the Exhausts tips for black as well for the pair £157 I was quoted.
Which dealer did you use? One I spoke to had no clue about the Shadow line pack, my preference would be leaving the spoiler in body colour, but would like the rest in black.

What did they charge you for it?

Exhaust tips look ok as they are, its the other stuff I want in black, especially if going with Storm bay as the colour.

Disagree with the other comment, I've not seen any in this colour yet, and think it looks great.

our 420d was one of the first in the UK in Snapper Rocks Blue, which I still love as a colour, but within 3 or 4 months we then started seeing loads of them in that colour.

Wish BMW would offer these more interesting colours in the cars that sit above the 3 series
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 02:58 AM   #6
SimonCW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie1250RS View Post
Love your car, I have just ordered one in the same colour. If you don’t mind me asking was the gloss an additional cost option?
I got the black bits thrown it as part of the deal. But if I remember correctly the parts were as follows:

Gloss Black Diamond Kidney Grill - £99.80
Gloss Black Canards - £86.21
Primed Mirror Caps - £115.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Congratulations on the car but to me the storm bay is getting really played out kinda like nardo gray rs3. They are everywhere.
Not so much in UK. Misano Blue seem to be the most poplar colour here and far less GC F44's only seen 2 on the road. Most people in UK go for the Hatchback F40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC25 View Post
Which dealer did you use? One I spoke to had no clue about the Shadow line pack, my preference would be leaving the spoiler in body colour, but would like the rest in black.

Exhaust tips look ok as they are, its the other stuff I want in black, especially if going with Storm bay as the colour.

Disagree with the other comment, I've not seen any in this colour yet, and think it looks great.

our 420d was one of the first in the UK in Snapper Rocks Blue, which I still love as a colour, but within 3 or 4 months we then started seeing loads of them in that colour.

Wish BMW would offer these more interesting colours in the cars that sit above the 3 series
BMW Knights was the dealer but I know other dealers can supply and fit them like BMW Cotswold.

I got the black bits thrown it as part of the deal, the only thing I had to pay for was the Spoiler. But here are the prices:

Email them they will give you the price including delivery:
Tradeparts@cotsworldgroup.com

Also when I went to look at the car they haven't done the mirrors yet and ask me if I wanted leave them as they were to speed up collection date.
To be honest they looked ok and actually made the car stand out bit more. But for me it reminded me of Audi S's cars they have they mirrors in Crome and I knew at some point I will get bored of the Cerium Grey so to save money down the line I told them I wanted it in Black.

Also if you guys may want check out the link to forum below as their's more of us from UK and more useful information.
https://babybmw.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=96
      02-05-2021, 04:08 AM   #7
digi_T
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 220i

+1 for the panoramic roof. Absolutely love mine, great in the summer and makes the cabin feel really light and airy. If you want to darken the cabin the electric blind does the job nicely, no brainier for 1k in my view.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #8
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Order placed.

Storm Grey
Pro pack
Comfort Pack
Sunroof

Does anyone know if the UK spec cars have the boot panel that folds up flush to the back of the seats like the one in the YouTube video from North America?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #9
SimonCW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Order placed.

Storm Grey
Pro pack
Comfort Pack
Sunroof

Does anyone know if the UK spec cars have the boot panel that folds up flush to the back of the seats like the one in the YouTube video from North America?
Yes I can confirm there boot panel folds up.
      02-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #10
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

BlownLSX;27198694]Congratulations on the car but to me the storm bay is getting really played out kinda like nardo gray rs3. They are everywhere.

I have only seen one on Long Island so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 06:07 AM   #11
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Infiniti Q60RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
BlownLSX;27198694]Congratulations on the car but to me the storm bay is getting really played out kinda like nardo gray rs3. They are everywhere.

I have only seen one on Long Island so far.
I have to agree, I think this color will get played out fast. I do wish there was a few more color options. I would love the Donnington Grey, but sadly they don't offer it on the 2 series. I have had black and red cars before and I never had a white one, so I went with that. So I went with the white. I think snapper rocks will get played out to.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 06:26 AM   #12
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

And a few years ago it was Estoril blue. When the choices are mostly dull, and there's one or two stand out colours, they very quickly become the most popular, thats why there's so many Snapper Rocks Blue 4 series out there.

I'm surprised the sunburst orange colour on the 3 series hasn't been more popular
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 05:47 PM   #13
abuffandbeyond
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BME E46 M3

Thats hot!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #14
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Delivery date of mid April, ordered the shadow line parts as well.

Excited much, and its not even my car!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #15
Chiggly
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonCW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie1250RS View Post
I got the black bits thrown it as part of the deal. But if I remember correctly the parts were as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Not so much in UK. Misano Blue seem to be the most poplar colour here and far less GC F44's only seen 2 on the road. Most people in UK go for the Hatchback F40.

Quote:

BMW Knights was the dealer but I know other dealers can supply and fit them like BMW Cotswold.

I got the black bits thrown it as part of the deal, the only thing I had to pay for was the Spoiler. But here are the prices:

Email them they will give you the price including delivery:
Tradeparts@cotsworldgroup.com

Also when I went to look at the car they haven't done the mirrors yet and ask me if I wanted leave them as they were to speed up collection date.
To be honest they looked ok and actually made the car stand out bit more. But for me it reminded me of Audi S's cars they have they mirrors in Crome and I knew at some point I will get bored of the Cerium Grey so to save money down the line I told them I wanted it in Black.

Also if you guys may want check out the link to forum below as their's more of us from UK and more useful information.
https://babybmw.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=96
SimonCW.

Thanks for the info. I emailed them and they called me back within 1 hour. All ordered and getting mine done end of March.

👍
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 04:39 AM   #16
damo74
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 218i GC Auto

Does anyone know if the grill is easy to fit yourself?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 06:31 AM   #17
SimonCW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo74 View Post
Does anyone know if the grill is easy to fit yourself?
The Front bumper must come off to fit the new grill.
      04-07-2021, 07:02 AM   #18
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

It would appear that the black grills for the 2021 car are slightly different to those for the 2020 car, and they won't fit is what I have just been told.

Something to do with changes to the air intake.

Can't get black grills for the 2021 car, at present there is no ETA if you order them, so it could be months.
Appreciate 1
damo741.50
      04-10-2021, 03:36 PM   #19
damo74
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 218i GC Auto

Quote:
It would appear that the black grills for the 2021 car are slightly different to those for the 2020 car, and they won't fit is what I have just been told.

Can't get black grills for the 2021 car, at present there is no ETA if you order them, so it could be months.
I think I'll just get my grill wrapped in gloss black
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #20
CSD979967
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

What this mans said 👆🏻

Cheaper and quicker option and if you get a good enough company on the wrap looks as good anyways

Plus once getting rid of car (if you intend to in future) can just reverse back as quick and cheap
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 04:06 AM   #21
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD979967 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

What this mans said 👆🏻

Cheaper and quicker option and if you get a good enough company on the wrap looks as good anyways

Plus once getting rid of car (if you intend to in future) can just reverse back as quick and cheap
Hadn't even considered this.

Anyone have any ideas of likely costs?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 06:05 PM   #22
CSD979967
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD979967 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

What this mans said 👆🏻

Hadn't even considered this.

Anyone have any ideas of likely costs?
Well seeing as yer from Scotland in your bio same as myself, depending on where you are you should be able to get wraps on smaller parts for bare minimal. If I remember right mines was like £100 gloss black wrapping;

Grill
Front vent caps
Wing mirror caps
Spoiler

Then I took the mirror caps off and put MoTech Performance ones on so wasted a bit of money there getting the originals wrapped hahaha
Appreciate 0