BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

06-15-2022, 02:18 AM   #1
Runberg
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Front parking sensor not automatically activated

I'm a new owner of a BMW M235i and I love it, but have one small question/issue I hope someone can help me with.

In settings I have activated that the front parking sensor shall activate when I slowly approach an opstacle in front - but the sensors never activate by themselves.
If I manually activate parking mode they are fully activated and works - but never when driving close towards an obstacle.

I often park in lower basement parkings with narrow turns so appreciate the extra help the sensors provide.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Appreciate 1
Daalsip43.50
      06-15-2022, 06:27 AM   #2
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

On mine the default setting was that they were on auto, have you had the car from new?
      06-15-2022, 11:44 PM   #3
Runberg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cukeuk View Post
On mine the default setting was that they were on auto, have you had the car from new?
Verified with the dealer (when I got the car) and afterwards that it's on auto. And yes, got the car from new just a couple of weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 09:48 AM   #4
Allen Aquino
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWM8 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runberg View Post
Quote:
Verified with the dealer (when I got the car) and afterwards that it's on auto. And yes, got the car from new just a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe you should try resetting it to default….Or have you found a solution to it yet….If you have kindly share so people with this similar issues can learn from you….

Thanks Allen
Appreciate 2
Mosset0.00
Daalsip43.50
      07-05-2022, 02:37 AM   #5
Runberg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Aquino View Post
Maybe you should try resetting it to default….Or have you found a solution to it yet….If you have kindly share so people with this similar issues can learn from you….
Sadly still no solution. I have an agreement with the dealer to have it looked at when I find the time. I will also see if I can find a way to reset this setting (or all settings) when time allows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR78459 View Post
I have the same issue too
At least I'm not alone then.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 11:44 AM   #6
Mar_73348
Banned
Rep
Drives: M8

Quote:
Quote:
Sadly still no solution. I have an agreement with the dealer to have it looked at when I find the time. I will also see if I can find a way to reset this setting (or all settings) when time allows.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 02:08 PM   #7
RGM330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 228i Gran Coupe

Same issue on my wife's 2022 228i GC.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 03:24 AM   #8
Rian_3385
Banned
Rep
Drives: M8

Quote:
I'm a new owner of a BMW M235i and I love it, but have one small question/issue I hope someone can help me with.

In settings I have activated that the front parking sensor shall activate when I slowly approach an opstacle in front - but the sensors never activate by themselves.
If I manually activate parking mode they are fully activated and works - but never when driving close towards an obstacle.

I often park in lower basement parkings with narrow turns so appreciate the extra help the sensors provide.

Quote:

That car is lovely
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 01:04 PM   #9
Daalsip
Banned
Rep
Drives: M8 GC

Am also having issues with mine
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2022, 05:25 AM   #10
mixmasternick
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i Gran Coupe M Sport

Garage List
Weird, mine has worked fine from day one. Had the car for 18 months now too without any issues.
Appreciate 1
Mosset0.00
      07-19-2022, 05:44 AM   #11
Runberg
Rep

I did a few test, that I would like to share with all of you. Maybe there is a pattern?

When slowly driving straight towards a wall the parking sensors actually do activate. Way too late to my liking - only when reaching the "red" zone.

My main issue is when turning into ramp between parking floors. Those are narrow. For me it's a right turn, and I need to keep my front left corner close to the wall for the turn. Here I notice that despite being very close the sensors doesn't activate.

I'm thinking two things: You have to be very close to the obstacle for the sensor to activate - maybe my front left corner isn't that close? - and secondly, maybe the sensors only activate with something straight ahead of you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian_3385 View Post
That car is lovely
Thanks. Couldn't agree more!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 10:26 AM   #12
DachiM4
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4GC

Quote:

Hello!
If it had been reset before now you probably would encounter such difficulties. All you need do is to put it back to the default settings. It would automatically be corrected if your sensor has no fault
Appreciate 1
Mosset0.00
      10-10-2022, 03:06 AM   #13
Runberg
Rep

I hit the 12K mark and went for service. Together with the service advisor I double checked this a few times, and it seems like:

- In some models the sensitivity on when the parking sensors in the front automatically will be enabled can be adjusted - but not in this model
- The sensors will only automatically activate when the sensor go from yellow to red. So you have to be really close!

As said, we tested it a few times, and it works, but you really have to be close - closer than I prefer, but this can't be adjusted.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 11:33 PM   #14
DAV097
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Allen
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Allen
Yeah man
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 03:19 AM   #15
jakerussell
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M135i XD

Same story here in 2020 M135i. Front sensors only seem to activate automatically at the very last minute
Appreciate 0