BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

02-19-2024, 04:11 PM   #1
caldempsey
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i

M135i iDrive Borked Update

Hi,

2020 M135i owner here.

I've updated the iDrive and have been regularly updating to the latest version. However, after the update last week (around 17/02/24), the Spotify app has been completely removed.

Previously, Spotify was working perfectly fine despite all the concerns about API depreciation, and now CarPlay no longer works. I've read horror stories of Spotify being removed from ConnectedDrive online but the reasons for removal are completely unfounded. Spotify still supports this just fine.

I have no idea what the update has done, but I don't think it's very acceptable. The update was performed OTA, so maybe that's the issue.

I'm going to try reinstalling the iDrive via USB to the latest version to see if that fixes things. Otherwise, is there a way to downgrade the iDrive to a previous version?

I'm not happy about this at all. Professionally, I'm a software engineer, so I'm hoping I can find a decent set of manufacturer instructions and be on my way.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 07:33 PM   #2
DazMelb20
Rep
Drives: 118i

Different issue

Hi there,

I haven't seen this issue sorry.

I just updated my 118i to 11/2023.50 version and was getting Drivetrain error after driving. Car has spent last day at the dealership whilst they try to resolve. They said no mechanical issue with the car.

Last time I do a remote software update!
Appreciate 0