E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > AP Tuning damaged my rims. Blames me.

04-23-2024, 05:24 PM   #23
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikMN View Post
One guess is they didn't
THey damaged them. How? We'll never know. Good day.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 05:26 PM   #24
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
AP Tuning & their lawyer never paid up. Scumbags
Did you win in court?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 05:27 PM   #25
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Did you win in court?
Would have cost me a lot more for lawyer & time
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:50 PM   #26
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Would have cost me a lot more for lawyer & time
Ahhh ok. I thought you had some kind of small claims court where you can fight without lawyer and no fees almost. But also I misunderstood, I thought you had gotten lawyers to prepare to go to small claims court. I see.

Well time to do 1 star reviews everywhere I see them
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1099.50
      05-08-2024, 04:49 AM   #27
the Fonts Generator
Registered
Rep
Drives: Civic

A popular resource for designers and makers, the Fonts Generator provides a vast selection of font alternatives. By experimenting with several styles, you may quickly find the ideal one for your project with the help of the fonts generator.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 08:14 AM   #28
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Ahhh ok. I thought you had some kind of small claims court where you can fight without lawyer and no fees almost. But also I misunderstood, I thought you had gotten lawyers to prepare to go to small claims court. I see.

Well time to do 1 star reviews everywhere I see them
Did you have a bad experience with this shop as well, or are you going based on another persons experience?

Unfortunately this is a case of "he said, she said" and nothing can be done to rectify this.

OP made a mistake by not taking pictures of his wheels before handing them over. I don't get how you can hand over $8000 wheels to a shop and not document the condition of each.

Lawyer and court fees can be also incorporated into the lawsuit that way you are fully covered. However OP has zero evidence and would likely lose this battle.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 08:26 AM   #29
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Did you have a bad experience with this shop as well, or are you going based on another persons experience?

Unfortunately this is a case of "he said, she said" and nothing can be done to rectify this.

OP made a mistake by not taking pictures of his wheels before handing them over. I don't get how you can hand over $8000 wheels to a shop and not document the condition of each.

Lawyer and court fees can be also incorporated into the lawsuit that way you are fully covered. However OP has zero evidence and would likely lose this battle.
No I do not have my own bad experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 08:30 AM   #30
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No I do not have my own bad experience.
Then why are you going to give bad reviews to a company based on someone else's bad expereince without any evidence?

Im not taking sides, just looking at this from a different view.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 08:40 AM   #31
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Then why are you going to give bad reviews to a company based on someone else's bad expereince without any evidence?

Im not taking sides, just looking at this from a diffrent view.
I have no reason to not believe a fellow BMW post member by default. I have plenty of reasons to believe businesses would lie. In my own experience, businesses tend to never admit their mistakes nor take accountability. And this particular situation hit close to home, I've faced the exact same situation where my new rims got damaged and I had to fight so much and even then... all they did was some shitty touch up to "fix" my situation. My wheels was gouged in some areas. And I freaking warned them to make sure they can do the job of low profile tires without damaging them and they had told me not a problem at all.

And at this point like you say that fellow BMW post member has been screwed over and has no more recourse, no proof. The average citizens barely has any recourse for situations like these. I'm only doing what I can to help them and spread the word that the business is scummy. If everyone else would do the same I'm sure they would fold and then pay OP. Together we have power.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 09:48 AM   #32
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have no reason to not believe a fellow BMW post member by default. I have plenty of reasons to believe businesses would lie. In my own experience, businesses tend to never admit their mistakes nor take accountability. And this particular situation hit close to home, I've faced the exact same situation where my new rims got damaged and I had to fight so much and even then... all they did was some shitty touch up to "fix" my situation. My wheels was gouged in some areas. And I freaking warned them to make sure they can do the job of low profile tires without damaging them and they had told me not a problem at all.

And at this point like you say that fellow BMW post member has been screwed over and has no more recourse, no proof. The average citizens barely has any recourse for situations like these. I'm only doing what I can to help them and spread the word that the business is scummy. If everyone else would do the same I'm sure they would fold and then pay OP. Together we have power.
I get where you are coming from. I had my wheels damaged by a tire shop as well.
Still, I don't think it would be right for anyone to provide a negative review for any business when they themselves have not done business with that company. I get you want to support OP but this is not the right way to do so. Now if OP had actual evidence, by all means support is warranted.

I wish OP the best of luck in resolving this matter.
Appreciate 0